SITE REVIEW: Webmaster Toolbox ~ Web Development Tools, Top

• Birmingham
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Birmingham, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please review my webmaster toolbox. i'm struggling to find a layout that's both widely usable and comfortable for normal users.

webmaster.bwdp.org.uk
hit me with the criticisms!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• nirmalrko
  • nirmalrko

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, Your layout not same in all browser check out different browser, I checked with Chrome, Firefox, IE. Its wrong in IE, I expect good template.
All the best for your site.
  • Birmingham
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Birmingham, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for the feedback. i checked in IE8 and found a problem with the menu on bwdp's home page and some others, but can't see anything different to firefox for the webmaster toolbox. which version of IE did you check with, nirmalrko?
  • George L.
  • Bronze Member
  • Bronze Member
  • George L.
  • Loc: Malaysia

Post 3+ Months Ago

//IE8 has given me problems with McAfee Anti-virus control panel. The McAfee control panel will not open. Work-around is downgrading to IE7.

Sorry, out of topic. Actually, I tried to imply that do not put too much emphasis on IE8 user-friendliness because I think there are majority IE users are still with IE7.

Alternately, you may leave some kind of message in javascripts -- saying that your website is best viewed in Firefox or others. I forgot I have visited "Facebook" or other large corporation website(s), their website's homepage has professionally javascripts-like feature that tell users to download recommended browser immediately.
  • motionmountain
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • motionmountain

Post 3+ Months Ago

Birmingham wrote:
Please review my webmaster toolbox. i'm struggling to find a layout that's both widely usable and comfortable for normal users.

webmaster.bwdp.org.uk
hit me with the criticisms!

Do not underline text - it makes it unreadable.
Take the central grey line out, instead give the two columns two different background colours (outside the boxes)
Use smaller fonts in titles, maybe with a discrete colour. Will make the page much more appealing. Add a logo or at least a catch phrase in appealing design.

MM
  • netrider7880
  • Student
  • Student
  • netrider7880

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site is very slow in loading in all of my browsers and in IE 7 it is not opening and gives server error.You can reduce the font size for the text and remove the underline for the text.
  • MidGe48
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

First of all, you have good content, even if they are only links. They are well organised and it makes it easy to find relevant information.

On the graphic site, it is a bit bare. I, personally don't like overdone sites, and yours surely is not overdone, but it is lacking a bit too much and looks more like a text only site of the old days. You could consider putting a bit of colour in, which, I think, will immediately, make it look very different. How about even a light grey background only and coloured boxes?

Also I would definitely move the bottom logo to the top, as I nearly missed seeing it, and that in itself will bring in some colour.

Keep at it. Content is king!
  • magstudios
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • magstudios

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very Good Content in your Site and Design is also very cool.

if you want to know about a professional site and want help it in affordable cost you r welcome you can visit us and contact us.our site is in my Signature.
Thnaks

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers