SITE REVIEW: WebmasterForumsOnline.com

• newforumonline
  • Born
  • Born
  • newforumonline
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Guys,

I have just launched a new Webmaster forum website with most popular topics on it.
The website URL is: http://www.webmasterforumsonline.com and I am planning to add many more helpful features to it in the near future.

Any suggestions for improvements or additional categories requests are welcome.

Thanks,
Ron.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is waaaay to busy looking. It looks like an online advertisement with a forum mixed into it. Your first step would be giving the forum its own look, something appealing and easy to read/navigate. Right now its such a strain to figure out exactly whats going on in your forum. You're trying to incorporate a whole hell of a lot of topics into one forum. I think that it only adds to the confusion you've built up in the interface. Btw, you spelled domain wrong in your domain names category.

For example, the blurb at the top describing your site. Its so random and irrelevant. Plus it looks out of place. Then you have links below that, which not only look hidden but which I mistook for advertisment links, until I actually read them.

I guess its just not a very inviting forum, one that I would probably (and just did) pass by. The part that scares me is you said that you hope to add more helpful features to it in the near future. I only hope you have enough room. Just work on the look I guess and minimize the dominance of the ad space. Quantity doesnt always necessarily mean quality. So if you condense your forum topics, it would probably benefit your look and appeal.
  • Tchuki
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Tchuki
  • Loc: Edinburgh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Daremedy is correct in my opinion. Your forum is a bit overly busy.

You have forum statistics at the top and bottom of the page, the number of people that actually look at forum statistics is minimal and therefore you would be better off just have them at the bottom. This would also let you center the google ads.

That large amount of text at the top which describes your forum is too lengthy, perhaps a link to an "ABOUT" page somewhere would be more appropriate.

Your right side bar with all the links is throwing out the site alignment, they would be better off as just image links at the bottom of your page.

You may want to look into combining a few of your forums, such as in the hosting forum, "Website hosting" & "Webhosting Business" could possibly be combined. You need to ask yourself how much forums like "Webhosting Business" are going to be used and then decide if it requires a dedicated forum or can be incorporated else where.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh my god it is rush hour
i dont know what is a ad or what is content
it needs to be cleaned up
tere are that many ads on there the google ads are advertising advertising
yes advertising advertising
the site is just a hep of words and it is so much for my eyes
  • katana
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Edinburgh, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

My eyes! My eyes!
  • markw
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with the comments above. Find a nice clean way to present the forums, and lower the amount of topics. If you want google ads, just put one bar, and incorporate it with the design. That way it won't look like, well, an advertisement :roll: .
Good luck! :D
  • newforumonline
  • Born
  • Born
  • newforumonline
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks a lot guys for your suggestions. I will definately start working on improving the forum topics as well as minimizing the ad space.

By the way, this is the only forum where I have received so many helpful suggestions. All the other ones were almost useless.

Thanks again.
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

newforumonline wrote:
By the way, this is the only forum where I have received so many helpful suggestions. All the other ones were almost useless.

Thanks again.

i think that ozzu is the best forum for all your world wide web questions.

and well your site well yeah where is the color??? i can see that you have used a white then a blue/grey backgroundbut it is too light hard on my eyes and i am 15. so yeah might want to change that .

otherwise if you are looking at posts and stuff it is not that bad..
sycofi5h
  • onemanrants
  • onemanrants

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with virtually all previous posts in that the site is to busy, and there is not enough to distiguish between ad and content.

I personaly don't like the forum description text being larger than the forum name. It confused me, and I can't tell where one starts and one ends.

I didn't read the banner at the top, I thought it was another advertisement. Too much text.

Once entered into a forum topic things were very clean and easy to navigate.
  • Funny_Fuzz
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Too cluttered. I aggree with Sycofi5h, there is absoloutely no colour apart from a few light colours, in the whole website. No offence to you or anything mate, but why would people want to go to your website (forum) instead of Ozzu? I think it might need a different topic. Anyway, good website though, keep up the great work!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers