SITE REVIEW: Webnov8 - websites, web applications

• cipher
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all, it has been a while since I posted one of my own sites for review. A lot of client work will be done under the Webnov8 brand, so kindly let me know what your thoughts are on http://www.webnov8.com, the site that future clients will be seeing.

Empty pages not displayed include the blog and portfolio.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think your stock photography really gives the wrong impression. Most business generic stock is so over used and its almost impossible to find imagery that actually means anything. Every visual element has a voice... what is the girl with a laptop sitting in a yellow chair supposed to tell me about your business?

I think I would recommend replacing the stock images with textures or something geometric that can simply be eye candy instead of conveying the wrong message.

Second, I think you should left justify the text on the home page. The huge rivers you get with fully justified copy make it really hard to read.

Other than that the site is nice and simple and I think it serves its purpose. I'm sure the addition of a the portfolio and blog will make a huge difference as well.
  • cipher
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am not a fan of stock photography either, but it is a cheap solution. Btw, the girl with the laptop sitting in the chair is supposed to say: this will be your reaction when we deliver your project :D. I see your point though.

Now that you mentioned it I think I'm liking left-align again (I've been torn between left and justify). Thanks for the comments/suggestions.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 3 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers