SITE REVIEW: webpage

• jossef
  • jossef

Post 3+ Months Ago

Merry Christmas to you all, and wish you a very happy and successful new year.
I have built a webpage "I want to point here that I have zero knowledge in HTML"
I really want your suggestion that can guide me in how to build my new site.
http://digitalphotography.arabian-affiliate.com
Thank you
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Dodger_2
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Indianapolis, Indiana

Post 3+ Months Ago

I visited http://digitalphotography.arabian-affiliate.com/

1. You don't have a menu or navigation, just links to other web sites. You have a http://www.arabian-affiliate.com/ home page with a menu but looks like an entirely different site and those links just go to ad pages. It's very difficult to understand your content.

2. My suggestions:
You need global navigation and Consistency. It's best to have the same navigation on every page, in the same place, and in the same order. It makes it easier for visitors and gives them a kind of comfort zone. This also goes for all your pages

3. You page is wayyyy to long. make your pages user friendly. and Too many annoying Ad's..I don't understand all the Ad's you have on the site. I didn't do a spell check but this spell error is very obvious . "Her we have picked up etc..

4.I am viewing in FF and you need more padding in your text boxes. You also need ALT tags on your images.

Final Comments: I am sure others have suggestions These are just a few suggestions I have. I think you could make a rocking web site, if you followed just a few web design guidelines.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

I cant even view this website, Is anyone else having issues with it?
  • calvi36
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • calvi36
  • Loc: Glasgow, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

"Start your Digital Photography home business.How to convert a hobby or any thing you love to do into money making online machine in short time. All what you need, and how to put it together, in a step by step guide".

That's as far as I got into this site. The quality of English is terrible.

The first paragraph should have read something like this:

Want to turn your Digital Photography hobby into a succesful home based business? We will show you how convert this hobby into a profitable home based business in a very short time.

We provide a FREE step by step guide to take you through all that you need to do to start earning.
  • jossef
  • jossef

Post 3+ Months Ago

thank you all for your help
I am not an expirt but I am trying to do something Thanks a gain
  • keralare
  • keralare

Post 3+ Months Ago

This page is not at all attracting. It should be catchy if you are really serious on photography and art
  • marria
  • marria

Post 3+ Months Ago

your page is too long, and your color combination is not nice
  • mit
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, your page is too long. I think you should really need to work on your navigation like I don't see Bottom navigation which is going better if you got a long page.

Also the color combination is not good, you can try some good CSS.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

maybe you could try to divide the content you have on the first page and put it on two or three pages - it will give people a better overview, and they could go directly to the part they're interested in. then add a little navigation bar somewhere at the top to take people to these pages.

also in my opinion the site would be more visually pleasing if the header was the same width as the main content frame.... it would just give some kind of visual continuity.

but it's still great work for someone who doesn't know anything about css or html! keep it up!
  • moip6
  • moip6

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think you should shorten the page up add more color to it
  • mycwcgr
  • Born
  • Born
  • mycwcgr

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have visited your website, I think your website is very good! but
1. Your domain is too length! Nobody can remember it.
2. It seems there is a AD in your homepage, I think less AD is better for new webiste!
  • jagman
  • Born
  • Born
  • jagman
  • Loc: Cyprus

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I looked at your website and have a few suggestions:

1. Traditionally you will get your visitors from search engines, where you have as a rule of thumb 10 secs to get their attention before they click back. - Unfortunately your site does nothing to grab their attention. It is WAY to long and as previously stated the language and spelling used doesnt show that you have taken your time to ensure it is correct.

2.Domain name: I would presume that you have used arabian-affiliates as they gave you a free site? If your serious about setting this up I would look into buying a memorable domain name.

3.Site Navigation: Where is it? You could split the page into more manageable sections and have a menu to guide the visitor through the site. remember that a website is there to accomplish one thing. To get the vistor from starting point A to where you want them to go End point C, whether this is contacting you, giving you an order or whatever. you need to make it simple for them (Remember the acronym KISS- Keep it simple stupid). With all web design first sit down and work out the 'flightpath' of the visitor and tailor it so they go the route you want them to go.

4. Links: While links are good an over abundance actually puts people off. As with your site you have loads on there.

5. Muted colours can have an adverse affect on visitors, while vibrant colours (Not garish though) make visitors feel more energetic and grab attention.

That being said, I applaud you for attempting it, especially with no knowledge of HTML, and asking for honest reviews and opinions. My first ever webpage was dreadful, even now I cringe when I think of it. So I wish you the best of luck and hope you will continue to learn and excel.

James
  • combyo
  • combyo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Visited your site. Here is the first impression I got
1. Missing site navigation
2. You might want to add some bullet items instead of continuous stream of text. Remember, visitors don't have the time or patience to read.
3. Lot of real estate has been wasted/ empty.

I am sure its a lot of hard work you put in. Keep up the good work.
  • Fabinator
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Fabinator

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm sorry to say this, but for a company, this site is just too simple.
If I were you, I would hire a professional webmaster or I would search for a free template and customize that. For example: http://www.openwebdesign.org/ , they have some free templates you can use.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well The main thing is, Your domain name. I am sure a comment has been made on it, But you need to get yourself a domain name that will attract people and this is easy to remember.
  • ndomo
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ndomo

Post 3+ Months Ago

jossef,

I think you should decide if your site is more art-orientated or more reviews/technical orientated. An 'art' site needs definitively better design.
If you want to have kinda review site - for instance like dpreview.com, design it simpler and structured.
You should also review the navigation and to try to redesign the placement of the ads and content - for me it is a bit disturbing this mixture between information, ads from Google and ads.

You mention that you a new in web development - no problem at all. There are billions of tutorials, howto-s, css/html solutions in www - just go ahead.

Regards
  • kittynet
  • Born
  • Born
  • kittynet

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have visited your site, i think it is too long for page and domain name.
But your site is clean and nice, your color scheme is good.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers