SITE REVIEW: j-webserver.be

• joostv
  • Born
  • Born
  • joostv

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.j-webserver.be/test.php

take a look and tell my what you think of my design (it's mainly in dutch but that's cause i'm from belgium :) ) and the menu doesn't work so don't click on it :)

critisism is allowed

(and press f5 a couple of times to see the random header picture :) )

greetz,
joost
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ha lol i can read "some" of it i uswed to live in holland with my cousin but we moved to australia.....enought of that

Site is pretty plain, like no real theme it is basicly like dashed bordera nd then a background in that so yeah. the it is looks pretty good, i like the fading affect. i think that the dashed border that goes around thd text is pretty affective, i like the way you have left out a verital likeont he left hand side of the page.. well done.

-sycofi5h
  • alerik
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: People Republic of China

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hallo, de site ziet er schoon uit. dat is heel belangerijk maar wel heeeeeeeel veel text op 1 pagina. Verder zou ik als ik jou was proberen het wat profesioneler te maken door de layout aan te passen. Verder heel veel succes.
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

alerik wrote:
Hallo, de site ziet er schoon uit. dat is heel belangerijk maar wel heeeeeeeel veel text op 1 pagina. Verder zou ik als ik jou was proberen het wat profesioneler te maken door de layout aan te passen. Verder heel veel succes.

lol i can understand some of that lol.
(maybe english next tiem for none dutch speaking people)
-sycofi5h
  • Dubya
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

joostv wrote:
critisism is allowed

Well, since you said so....
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

There really isn't that much to critic. It's just a simple page with a simple navbar.
  • spintwo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • spintwo

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all, the main portion seems lacking, due to a lack of asthetics and graphical media.

Secondly, I propose you take the top rights's validation information and put it on the bottom. My eyes scan the top of the page first and at a glance, I thought those were links for navigation throughout your site.

I think the dotted borders fit nicely into the site except for the one with the column with all the links. I think it would look nice if it had a drop shadow effect of some kind rather than a dotted border. Whatever you do, just get rid of the dotted border on that element.

From a distance, something irritates me about the background and with a closer look, I see that it's the scanline effect you have for a background. Not the best idea IMHO. Use a solid color or a slight gradient of some kind.

For the lacking-ness: 5/10
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

What's there to review?

A <table>...?

And what's with the "xhtml 1.1 - css 2.0 valid" thingy...?

Also, are you trying to avoid people over 65 read your text? I mean, the grey lines won't let anyone under 15-15 vision see a thing...
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just for the record, I am 40... :) LOL
  • icestone

Post 3+ Months Ago

it's not easy to read a long time with your style, the only thing i like to read is the navbar, but the 6th time it's boring :).

try to use another background for the content.

icestone
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Use justify for text alignment. It makes the text look even both left and right :)
You could lose the lines in the text areas indeed. They look nice but when there's text over them, eyes weep :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers