SITE REVIEW: Website Acquire .com

• halomovie
  • halomovie

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi guys

just wondering some thoughts on my new buy and sell established websites page:

http://www.websiteacquire.com (see signature)

I tried to keep the design focused for people with 800 by 600 browsers

thoughts? :)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

Going yo be a bit brutal (sorry :roll:) buut constructive ...

Your website must show properly within an 800/600 resolution, industry standard. Good call :!: :D On the downside ...

It's a table driven format, not good. Also you should move your CSS into a seperate file. Some of your pages don't exist so i'm not sure if this is a mockup etc ... but claiming to have sold backpacked.org for $8000 opens your website upto questions of integrity ... forgive me, but i very that very hard/impossible to believe :roll:

Good luck.

Cheers, Prime ... :D
  • DannyBly
  • DannyBly

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the look of the site, but as mentioned above some of the pages don't currently work. I'm not a huge fan of adlinks but they do blend quite well on your pages.
  • halomovie
  • halomovie

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys

thanks for the comments

I think you may have seen the site whilst I was developing it as there shouldnt be any dead links or errors anywhere across the site. From the times you posted, it looks like you saw the site right in the middle of some major development I was doing.

thanks for the comments though, it all helps :)
  • steveb
  • Born
  • Born
  • steveb
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

My opinion:

• I think your navigation needs work. Create a menu somewhere.
• I think you should place that Google ad somewhere else. It looks kind of awkward.
• I thought those small images in your header were actual links to pages. Maybe redesign the header altogether.
  • chiara
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • chiara
  • Loc: Santa Clara, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi halomovie

I think you need more work on the design side..I don't very much like the list of icons on top (makes me click on them), nor the graphic with the eyeglasses on the top right..just makes the site look not very serious..

The listings for sale should be better organized, you might put the most important info on each listing on your main page..

Regarding optimizing for 800 x 600 - I don't think that's a standard anymore, most sites nowadays are designed for 1024 x resolution.

On some pages you have the slogan or whatever it is on top left, on others - don't. The white padding at the bottom is different across the different pages (and do you need it at all?)

This page gives not found: http://www.websiteacquire.com/latestlistings.php

That's from me. In any case I think you should put more effort in building a professional website appearance, I wouldn't buy anything worth > $10 from a site that doesn't look professional and reliable enough..

Wish you good luck with the website!

Rgds

Chi
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Regarding optimizing for 800 x 600 - I don't think that's a standard anymore, most sites nowadays are designed for 1024 x resolution.

Not true, resolution has nothing to do with technology, 800*600 is based on peoples eyesight. People who design websites at 1024 * 768 are usually running a clan :!: My own mother has a nice 15" TFT monitor but uses 800 * 600 because at nearly 70 her eyesight isn't as good as it once was. I'm currently on contract at a large .NET developing a CMS and if it didn't display in 8*6 they'd sack me :!: :roll:

Cheers, Prime ... :D
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

approximately 14% of web users in 2007 have a screen res of 800x600 or less. What does this mean? Design for your target audience. Or if your really worried make your sites with liquid layouts.

more details on primes other post http://www.ozzu.com/ftopic74450.html

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers