SITE REVIEW: Website Design, Website Promotion

• DaveEj
  • Born
  • Born
  • DaveEj

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there,

Please check out my site http://www.websitedesignmaster.com
Any comments good or bad would be appreciated.

Thanks, DaveEj.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• cipher
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

You have the content, but the colors and flashy header makes me feel weird. I would say try to go for a more professional look given the subject of your website.
  • mekingo
  • Born
  • Born
  • mekingo

Post 3+ Months Ago

The links for "Website Design" and "Website Promotion" and others are hard to read. Color too much like the background. Google may even penalize you for this but probably not.
A couple of misspellings.
Spacing needs a lot of work. big gaping holes in text areas. Maybe you tried to space words yourself using a wysiwyg editor? If so keep typing all the way across the line until the text AUTOMATICALLY wraps the words. I've done the same.

Ever tried Joomla! content management system? It's the only way I can build a decent website. I love it and it's very flexible and powerful.
Nice Flash
Maybe you can review my site when I'm eligible?
Keep up the good work!
Sincerely,
mike
  • wanna kill
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey you are a professional web designer. I think you are a noob. before publish your site check it on all browsers. In netscape it looks very ugly. and what say about your color, you making a web design site not a gaming or girls cloth site.

Test your site into all browser.

thanks
  • bobboken
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

firstly use more soft colors not shiny and change your bg color
use tahoma for text style
block all fields, your menu is wider than others
speaker image is looking like logo :) it should be right bottom and smaller
  • seovb
  • Born
  • Born
  • seovb
  • Loc: Indianapolis, IN, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks like hell
  • FireAiD
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: Russia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Green toxic color spoils all opinion on a site
  • calvi36
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • calvi36
  • Loc: Glasgow, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Dave,

I am always straight to the point. I am sorry to say the the bg colour is horrendous and if I browsed onto this site I would have been gone in a mili second. As already stated your font spacing is a disaster. Why don't you left align and justify the text, using padding for all three columns, this would make it look a lot more professional.

The continual mouse click sound is very off putting and I have to manually mute it on every new page I view. I would remove this sound completely from the site.

On your contact us page, why not try a short contact form? On this same page your link bar drops down covering the contact us text. Viewed in FF 3.

Hope this helps bud and good luck.

Pete

PS. I just had a look at source code on the homepage, there are no keywords or content?

<meta name="keywords" content=" ">
<meta name="description" content=" ">
<style type="text/css">

Website title is way too long in my opinion.

<title>Website Design Master | Australia | ABN : 57 990 490 416 | Website Development | Website Designer | Web Design</title>

Try changing it to something like Australian Web Design Company. Then use the other phrases in your description as keywords, this will help with your SEO.
  • calvi36
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • calvi36
  • Loc: Glasgow, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

wanna kill wrote:
Hey you are a professional web designer. I think you are a noob. before publish your site check it on all browsers. In netscape it looks very ugly. and what say about your color, you making a web design site not a gaming or girls cloth site.

Test your site into all browser.

thanks

I really don't see any point in attacking a person just because he/she asks for a review. We are all here to help each other!
  • rhwebs
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • rhwebs

Post 3+ Months Ago

You shouldn't have a menu that doesn't work when javascript is turned off. Javascript should only enhance a website and not be required in order to navigate.
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh my goodness :? as things stand the best parts of this project are the domain name and your obvious enthusiasm :D happy to help but your learning curve is going to be steep. I don't think you should be trying to resell your services at the moment, you are not quite there yet...

Where to start... from the beginning

I think you should start with a free CSS template, there are a small selection of freebies at http://www.ssi-developer.net/main/templates/3col.shtml. You need to make an effort to move away from using tables to layout your domain. You can also investigate the meaning of colours combinations and their meaning in different parts of the globe. There's a quick intro here -> http://dutchboy.com/colors/choose/meaning/meaning/ . Also, check your domain in multiple browsers else use a facility such as http://browsershots.org

Lastly, I strongly suspect you are using a WYSIWYG editor to develop your site (?). If you hope to progress in this field you need to abandon such tools. they are for hobby developers. You need to starting hand-coding your HTML/CSS.

We were all beginners at one time.

Good luck.

Cheers, Prime ... :D
  • mindxstudio
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Kolkata

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just check your site, if you are a professional web designer it is not done by you, in respect of design it is not looks good, need to improved much more.
  • astral apache
  • astral apache

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think your site is not yet good enough to publish, try to change the color and change the header
  • paul8368
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • paul8368
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

awful, sorry but those colours just make me want to leave, no way would I consider giving you any business ever based on that landing page.

The layout is so basic.

I quite like the flashing click and your flash banner you have done the work on the text content but don't try to sell this as a web site designers site it just isn't good enough.

Reviwing your source you clearly have the technical knowledge, do you really like the design yourself?

It reminds me of a newspaper, I want to turnover to page three.

How do you buy?

You are offering hosting but I can't see the link to sign up for it. Maybe the green put me off is it through the contact us link?

Paul

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 14 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers