SITE REVIEW: my website please

• buzzbuzz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.dcobbinah.co.uk

i would appreciate some comments on it please. my emphasis is on strengthening my web design skills more thatn my digital art as this is what i have been featuring on (web design).

i would love some helpful hints and constructive critique please

thank you
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Sumen
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Rochester or Albany, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the structure. I can find and read everything fine. Color scheme is easy to look at. The only problem I had was the bulleted list under RESUME
Skills and Achievements
Career History
Education

They look like links to me :) but there not.
I really like the design
  • jumungo4
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great site. Easy to read and navigate.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Add some padding to the left side of those bullets so they aren't stuck to the side. Also, I would add some space (3-5px) in between your header and menu up top.
  • sana
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: I am back!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Welcome to my site --> Welcome to dcobbinah.co.uk
i would prefer your site name there.. Otherwise it is a quick loading site with a simple , clean layout
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

sana wrote:
Welcome to my site --> Welcome to dcobbinah.co.uk
i would prefer your site name there..
true sana or i would just even say dcobbinah.co.uk Main..... or something.

by yes it is an very eye catching site, one that is easy to read and makes you want to read. i think that the colors all blend in well, i really like what you have done with the RESUME, CONTACT ME and FAV LINKS.
nice job

-Sycofi5h
  • Unity
  • Loc: Poland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great job! Very nice site
  • fusionfx
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • fusionfx

Post 3+ Months Ago

I seen your site it was really great.
The structure was looking quite genuine.
i would like if you added few entertainment links as well such as online games,chat etc.
It would increase hits.
  • thindex

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great design, your site is very easy to navigate. I like the layout
  • webuyhosts
  • webuyhosts

Post 3+ Months Ago

I love the color scheme, looks very nice. The layout is very easy to scroll across.
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks nice and proffessional. Like it :)
  • justice
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • justice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Some things to consider:

- you may wish to change the title of the individual pages; currently you're using the same title for all. Also consider replacing the domain name in the title with your own name.
- the lef-handside bullets in the services page seem to be partly visible
- I get a server error on the Contact me page.

Good luck.
  • buzzbuzz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am working on a shoutbox of my own. the free shostbox that is available happens to be down at both sites. http://www.myshoutbox.com and http://www.shoutboxes.com

so i thought i would make my own
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

another good place for that is http://www.shoutmix.com/

-sycofi5h
  • buzzbuzz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have looked at my site on IE and on firefox and there are some very stark and scarey differences. for a start the spacing in firefox is nowhere near the same as in IE. seems that there is an issue with the <br> and <p> parameters. both deal with it differently.
  • buzzbuzz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

two mins of testing and already there are some stark differences. CSS is not fully catered for in FIREFOX. so it does not get my vote at all
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

kool mate tell us went aht shout box is in i want to see want to see how it will look like
  • buzzbuzz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i saw the shoutbox in IE and it looked fine. but there was a notice in red saying that it wasnt being viewed with a complient browser. basically had a detection script to see what browser you had and if it wasnt the firefox borwser it had a message saying you need to get this browser to view the site properly. but there isnt any real difference. but on my site i have some CSS styles that IE picks up like normal but firefox doesnt. not a good start at all
  • sycofi5h
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • sycofi5h

Post 3+ Months Ago

which site did you use for you shout box??

-sycofi5h
  • buzzbuzz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

i havent used the shoutbox yet. i was trying to make nmy own shoutbox. i am tired of using a shoutbox then the server where the shoutbox is goes down and my site looks incomplete, rather i make my own with no hiccups. i might not use a shoutbox at all but instead have a guestbook fashioned by myself later on when i revamp my site.
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman
  • Loc: England, Hartlepool, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

a simple typing mistake, in your title tag you have duplicated a word twice, only small mistake but i thought i should let you know (bearing in mind that no one else has, i was too lazy to read the other posts) :lol:

i like the site very much, mainly the structure, the way everything is put together, it's easy to use etc

one thing i like is the i-frames, i wanted to do something with i-frames before like you have, only scrolling one way, you only have one scroll bar visible, may i ask how you did that, i have an idea how i can do it but i would like to know how you did it

lemme know if you can please
  • buzzbuzz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

fir the iframes i made sure that if i wanted to scroll vertically then the heigt of the table and frame is smaller than the actual page that is going to be placed in the iframe. same with the horizontal scroll; i made sure that the width of the table and the frame was smaller than the width of the actual page that would be read into the frame. also make sure that the table and frame is more than the page to be read in so it doesnt scroll. thats how you get one scroll bar. also setting the scrolling options help. auto may give you scroll in both directions wherea scrolling =yes may give u definate scrolling in one direction only. thats how i did mine.

thank you for your comments about my site
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman

Post 3+ Months Ago

buzzbuzz wrote:
fir the iframes i made sure that if i wanted to scroll vertically then the heigt of the table and frame is smaller than the actual page that is going to be placed in the iframe. same with the horizontal scroll; i made sure that the width of the table and the frame was smaller than the width of the actual page that would be read into the frame. also make sure that the table and frame is more than the page to be read in so it doesnt scroll. thats how you get one scroll bar. also setting the scrolling options help. auto may give you scroll in both directions wherea scrolling =yes may give u definate scrolling in one direction only. thats how i did mine.

thank you for your comments about my site

yea, thats how i thought i would have to do it, so what if someone views your site at a different resolution, what would happen then, and no problem about the comments, just keep up the good work
  • buzzbuzz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

i have the main table at 750 width for the 800*600 reso and for the 1024*768 reso thereby covering the main resolutions that people have. i do not intend on having a liquid table design. i am toying with the idea of a css site - totally css. but thats for later on. need toget few these projects i have first.
  • liltman
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • liltman

Post 3+ Months Ago

kwel man kwel, keep posting any new sites you have and i will be sure to check them out
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

dude...you have a great site and if it's anything i admire is your use of white space which is great. The structure is nice and the rollovers are simple but effective. I must agree with the individual who says the buletted on the main does look like links. In fact, I think you should make it into links..I mean when someone reads there...they can simply see what you're talking bout on your resume

For instance i wouldn't download your CV just to read it...For user friendly purposes i just think you should make those bulletes list into links of hints to what's on your CV.
  • nxb22833
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nxb22833

Post 3+ Months Ago

Great Design, easy to navigate, great color scheme, fast loading. Definately, you have a winner.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

very tastefully done mate!
no overuse of graphics. :-)
the mix is just nice..
  • buzzbuzz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

i thank all for comments about my site. i must say tho that the one thing that was bugging me was the difference in browsers. when looking at it in IE it was fine but when looking at it in Firefox it was a little skewed. tables were not dee enuff and cellpadding, cell height details were not having any effect in firefox when in IE they were fine.

i have sorted it out now with CSS coding specific to table height percentages. they now look identical. altho firefox displays certain elements differently they still remain the same in depth and line styles and look. i am happiuer now. if firefox is the new explorer then i suppose i have to bring my site upto that standard kicking and screaming.

thanks for your comments and continue to enjoymy site
  • ausmeister
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ausmeister

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think you'll find it's Firefox that interprets CSS correctly, and IE (different versions interpret CSS rules differnetly, goddamn you Microsoft!!) that doesn't conform to standards (i.e. messes up the coding). The fact that 90% of web users use IE means you have to code for it, but Firefox is a superior browser in every way (IMO).
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 30 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers