SITE REVIEW: My website

• rtrev64
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rtrev64

Post 3+ Months Ago

Take it easy on me. I can tell it can get tough in here. The website just have alot of links and some comments from me and places to visit to even listen to a few songs etc.. there is videos and stuff.

rules followed.
  • found it
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • found it
  • Loc: united kingdom

Post 3+ Months Ago

please add your url....thanx :lol:
  • rtrev64
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rtrev64

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.roberttrevino.com
  • rtrev64
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rtrev64

Post 3+ Months Ago

No response means that my website sucks so bad you all are pittying me?

:oops:
  • meman
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: London Town , Apples and pears and all that crap

Post 3+ Months Ago

it dosnt seem to have any content. to me it just looks like you uploaded a template then maybe went to make a sandwich and forgot about it.
  • rtrev64
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rtrev64

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:
it dosnt seem to have any content. to me it just looks like you uploaded a template then maybe went to make a sandwich and forgot about it.

which page are you talking about? not the front page? it has all those links to go to other areas of my page.. help me here..a little more info please.. yeah it was a good sandwich.
  • FatBoi
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

see it is a good site, but u need to tell us what it is about, or is it there i didnt read nuttin cuz i dont like reading, lmao, but it looks kool, could be better
  • elrayjones
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Texas,Wise Co

Post 3+ Months Ago

it all depends on what your needs are. if all you need is a small portfolio then it is find. you have a good template going but it needs balance. A fill logo at the top. But a website it is not. you need much more content.

My 2 Cents

EJ
  • Northtexas
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: magave desert

Post 3+ Months Ago

meman wrote:

it does not suck. you can change the name abit. i have a suggested website based on someone's name you can visit. this is a very successful bargain website with a forum. its called http://www.bensbargains.net look around it and see if you can borrow some ideas you can incorporate into your own. otherwise i like your site just fine, but it does not exp[lain to me clearly what you are about. think about making the text in the middle into a bulletted listing for beter impact(visual)..
  • rtrev64
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • rtrev64

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for your opinion. I want to improve it and I needed help. Thanks.

Content... give me an idea..

• elrayjones
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Texas,Wise Co

Post 3+ Months Ago

rtrev64 wrote:
Thank you for your opinion. I want to improve it and I needed help. Thanks.

Content... give me an idea..

Content: Forums, Newsfeeds, Photos of your cat, Links, World or Local events, Book Club, Car Club, and others. Content is the reason people will come to your site.

EJ
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Umm, nice template....?

Pretend you don't know what you do and visit your site. Is is obvious what you do? Your site looks more like a corporate presence website than a video transfer company.

If you aren't that great at content, take your ideas to a newspaper writer and ask them to help. They are usually great at getting ideas across to the readers!
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think your website has a nice template to it. My only gripes are that there doesn't seem to be enough content as stated in the above replies, and your title (where your name is) just seems to bland. I think there should be something more. I know this is a website for your business, but if you have personal information about yourself, your hobbies, family, etc. It should convey your personality and style as best it can. All in all it's a good website, it's just a little bland in places, and not enough content yet. Just my 2 cents.
  • Jepps98
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Umm, not exactly sure...

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey man cool site. I do have some tapes i want to convert. just email me man, but it is a very good site
  • nicolas
  • nicolas

Post 3+ Months Ago

Wow! The animation is cool.

However can you 'loosen up' the spacing so your body of text is not so close to each other?
  • conorific
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I visited this site, I would be immediately irritated with it because it is very corporate and bland. It's a cool template, but I have no inclination to believe that you designed it yourself, because there's no creativity in it. And if it IS a template...you want to put enough of your own ideas in it to make it seem like yours...not someone else's.

Very little content, lots of grammatical and spelling errors. Proofread (or ask someone else to) and spellcheck very carefully.

Has HUGE potential. I like how quickly it loads. Put more of you into this, and quit trying to be all corporate - it's a turnoff.

PM me if you want a more personalized opinion or some ideas or whatever.
  • northjersey78-2
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • northjersey78-2
  • Loc: North Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

rtrev64 wrote:

Not bad - the front splash screen loads pretty quickly.

A few things...

There is a missing graphic at the top of this page:

http://www.roberttrevino.com/indexbusiness.htm

If you are serious about using this site as a business, you need to correct some of the typos you have on there. Also - if you plan on promoting this site anywhere, you might want to have a domain name that is a little more indicative of what the business is actually for - and not just your name.

Just checked and it looks like some missing pictures here as well:

http://www.roberttrevino.com/page2a.html

Otherwise it looks like a good start - but improvements need to be made to get into a serius business.
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, the graphics is overall good.

but I dont see the point of having your name on home page. Should at least say "Yr name home page " or something. whatever.

first impression/question - where am I ?

:-)
  • TannerDude
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: ENGLAND!!!!

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yo Dude that site is pretty kick ass if you ask me, I, too, am only a beginner and its pretty damn guten what with all da flash and stuff - v impressive :!:
  • horkam
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Central, KY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

You seem to be missing quite a few graphics, are your paths right or do you just not have them yet? Also you may want to think about using a style sheet instead of putting the styles in the head of each page. The indexbusiness.htm page also has quite a few broken links such as "news and events", "links", and "contact us".

You have a good start, just try to be more consistent and fix current probs before getting in deeper. It is an absolute nightmare to fix 50 pages as opposed to two or three.
  • derrick
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • derrick
  • Loc: The other side of the cross fader

Post 3+ Months Ago

The "link" to the links page produces a 404 error......
  • dojo
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Timisoara, Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a TEMPLATE. I have it on my computer :) You can download it free and change ONLY the text since the animation is swf and you cannot edit it (it has a pass or something similar).

No offence ... What am I supposed to review here? Your talent in writing a text? :twisted:

And now that you do hate me I'll just wish you luck with the project and advice you to play a bit with the idea. The layout isn't impossible to make in your Flash editor. Maybe you could use it as a learning tool and come up with something even more beautiful. :wink:

I'm talking about the main page (the one in flash :))
  • madmonk
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • madmonk
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

heheh. a template for review?
  • CraigL
  • Born
  • Born
  • CraigL

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks good although like the others said it needs content. Also, I dont get what the image at the bottom is for. It seem kind of distracting.
  • buzzbuzz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is a template. i really am not a fan of them. i think they take away the creative flare if you use a template for all elements. if the site is not finished then i will allow you. it seems a tad incomplete. the animation is plane and 'normal' which is ok if you like that sort of thing. not sure what that big square thing is all about. didnt stay too long to find out actually
  • thindex

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site looks good, but could work on the body text it doesn't do the rest of the site justice
  • justice
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • justice

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wouldn't personally use Flash. There are arguments for and against using it due to SEO reasons. Maybe other members can comment on that but Flash sites.
  • Datagg
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Datagg
  • Loc: AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the flash look. Loaded up quick too. Good Job
  • spintwo
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • spintwo

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think a good banner could bring your site from the dumps. Right now it's too plain. Flash work isn't too bad.

What's the dealio with the little thing on the bottom of the page?
  • ausmeister
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ausmeister

Post 3+ Months Ago

As others have mentioned, it's not self-evident what the company does once the site has loades, and IMO the flash isn't the best.. The kind of square transparency effect when rolling over links just screams template, and are pretty worthless. I do like the moving one px lines, because they are smooth, but the squares look like a basic tween, and not enough frames meaning it looks a bit jerky..

Personally I'd just do a small animation on the circle next to each link to highlight the fact that it's the currently selected one. And the text looks out of place.. use some CSS to style it up a bit.

My 2 cents...

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 31 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers