SITE REVIEW: My Website

• kevsterb007
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kevsterb007

Post 3+ Months Ago

link

This site has only been up for one week so there isn't any good content. (thats not what I'm interested in hearing about anyway)

How does the html look? How does the css look? How are the layout/colors/graphics?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

Topic has been unlocked. Please resume your reviews.
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site has a very nice blue-grey theme going in it and the layout is clean so far; nice job on that. I do think you should pick a unique font to use but its a minor point. Interestingly, when you mouseover the "Home" link, it turns blue but does not turn grey again (like the other links) unless you mouseover it again. Best of luck to your site!
  • kevsterb007
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kevsterb007

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the positive input! I'm still seriously working out the minor details. I have noticed that myself. The problem is in the linkfader.js (like this site uses) The active page is supposed to be highlited blue, but the linkfader cancels it out. I may just make the gradient background darker under the active link.
  • Bladesling
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Bladesling
  • Loc: Utah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm, login seems randomly placed.. maybe try placing it where there is some other text to sorta make it less out in the middle of no where.. like in the copyright info...
The little world with the text to the right of it, maybe that text could be verticly aligned to the middle or the top?
Hmm, this may be a strech, but maybe you can do an image inbetween each navbar item that looks like a little indent or something...
Thing that kinda puzzles me is why does the shadow on both text reflect at the same verticle starting point? Blue Axis is much higher then productions.
Other then that I think its pretty nice, very simple. Technical, proffessional.
  • wellstyled
  • wellstyled

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the logo and color scheme (but I'm always a sucker for blues). I agree that the font detracts from the style of the overall site - get that a little sharper. Also, the image on the first line creates an odd gap, I would alter that.

Finally, I'm not clear on the purpose of the site, but if it is just an identity page for someone the size of the logo image might be ok. Otherwise, if you have content, I would want to make it smaller so that you can fit in more content on the visible screen.

What's the "V la" in the corner of the logo - someone's sig? Might clean that out if you can.

Very cool stuff.
  • kevsterb007
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kevsterb007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I tweaked the logo, and moved the login (For administrators only) under the copyright. Vertical alignment isn't working for the "users online" at the bottom. I'd like to put the image next to the content under welcome next to the title, but Mambo cms isn't allowing that at present.
  • schizzorl86
  • schizzorl86

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is well done
congratulations!
  • kevsterb007
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kevsterb007

Post 3+ Months Ago

I changed the top menu a little bit, how does it look?

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers