SITE REVIEW: webtoolhub.com

• Blester
  • Blester

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello Friends

I need your valuable review about Free Webmaster Tools site.

Url: http://www.webtoolhub.com/

Thanks all for your effort and time you devote.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

What all would you like feedback on? Design, UI, SEO, code, etc?
  • Blester
  • Blester

Post 3+ Months Ago

You can review and give your valuable feedback on any section you have experience or think should need changes.

Still to be more specific give your opinions for Design, UI etc.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok sounds good.
Well I will give you some feedback on the design. My first impression was that there was a lot of white (not that this is bad its just what I noticed). Then I had trouble finding a focal point. Where would you like to lead the eye to on the page, whats the most important thing? Also I am having trouble figuring out the color scheme with the colors in the logo and the colors in the buttons and content (not that this is bad its just what I noticed). There seem to be a lot of different elements going on as far as containers go whether it be colors or images. I like the image in the header its subtle but very techy and clean.

Hope this helps and sorry if it is a little abrupt.
  • sambkk
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • sambkk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi
I think since your target is people who use free web tools, that means they know more than just how to open a browser and login to your email box, then the sort of "busy" home page" is as distracting as with another type of market perhaps.
I didn't test any of your tools.
You have your google ads at a very prominent place. Interesting, as my firs't though was will the changing ads (with their changing content) dilute visitor focus on your content? Also not sure what % of the home page is covered by ads, so its again the same worry, but here I must also at the same time admit you have pulled it off nicely.
Also from just looking at the topic/content, I am assuming you have applied the latest and most useful tweaks regards to code and titles etc..

Well done

Sami
  • Blester
  • Blester

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feedback. From design point of view I'll try to experiment with different colors and layouts.
  • Qgb
  • Born
  • Born
  • Qgb

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site is very good in my opinion. Design looks great and I normlly place my ads on the place my eyes hit first, so that's the hotspot. In this case it was right of the "Add live pagerank button" and you already have an ad there which is good ;).
  • FettesPS
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • FettesPS
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

The tools are all very handy and I did play with some of them to check my site with them. Problem is the design is a bit antiquated. It needs a more Web 2.0 look (as much as I hate that term). I agree with the others here that it is way too busy, if I wasnt there for the purpose of reviewing I might have closed the tab as I had no idea where to start with that page.

Also there's no indication of why I'd want to create an account or log in... so naturally I didnt bother.
  • webcrate
  • Born
  • Born
  • webcrate

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would change the position of advertisments. It`s look a little messy.
  • new_taresh

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your website is one of the best website I have found on this forum.
However, I would advise you to make the theme of your website a little bluish.

Apart from this navigation is good.
Accessibility is good
Color - As suggested above

Hope this helps.
Regards,
New Taresh
  • Vector
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like that your design is clean and roomy, but the (yellow) menu is broken for me. (FF Linux). Make its font size 1px smaller. Linux/open source font kernings aren't the same as the fonts on Win/Mac
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Layout itself is a pretty good and an effective layout. I could easily tell that this isn't your first attempt at it (especially since you are providing web-master tools :P ), but that's beside the point. I think you got a pretty effective layout there.

I like the fact that you have a lot of images and different colors in there. It is a real good plus for people who are more visual at things than others. Like me :)

I like how you got your footer and header set up there... really looks professional (at least I think so). The description of tools are too the point and explain everything well. I know what each tool does without even trying them out. All this is coming from the first page so far... I haven't really explored the site yet.

You could use the © to create the copyright symbol rather than typing (c) in the footer... although doing that could add a little more bits to the loading of the page, but I don't think that that would make much of a difference or a loading lag.

The site loads pages pretty quickly. That is really good especially for people like me... people who barely have any patience on the web. I usually wait for 5 seconds, and if the page is not loaded I would leave... unless I really need the information.

I believe that the link titled "SEO Articles" is what I consider to be a misnomer. It should be called "Web Articles" or something of that effect. SEO is search engine optimization (I know you know... I'm saying that to keep my thoughts intact) so the link title implies that the articles are about SEO... a specialized topic.

What you got though is a mix of SEO and other web/font related articles. Maybe just title it "Articles"? Short and to the point, like all those descriptions of tools you got there on the first page.

I think that there is too much space above the comments. There is literally like 5 inches of whitespace from the article and the comments... I just think that is a waste of calories (I got to scroll more :D ).

Your code could do some cleaning up. I don't know how much of importance you put on valid coding, but I put a lot of value to that. I think that you should fix all the validation errors on all of your pages.

You also have like 5 inches of whitespace between the article title and the horizontal line above it. You should shorten that distance. (Once again, a waste of calories and space...).

I don't know if you made the design but I think you should make both versions of your design (Narrow and Wide) fluid... otherwise make the Wide version the default version since it's more fluid. It just forgives the shorter resolutions and people who can't afford bigger resolutions in this economy.

I don't know how long you had the site, how many people used/uses your site, and of your site's on-line reputation, but I think that gears are beginning to be overused to represent webmaster tools workshop or w/e. Not telling you that the logo sucks or anything because it doesn't... I'm just saying.

I can't bring any examples to mind right now, but every time I see a gear or gears as a logo there is a fleeting moment of de-ja-vu.

The title for the search is "Custom Search"... maybe change that to something more original or something that doesn't seem like it came from a page generator? Something like, "Search Webtoolhub", or just, "Search" or something to that effect? Not that I'm picky, the current title works, but when I saw that, I thought it was Google that was doing it. (It might though... )

Also, why does sitemap open in a new window? Or the Webmaster tools? I see that you done that intentionally (based on the images besides those links), but why? Maybe I'm missing out on something or just didn't learn something, but I don't see anything in that.

Why should I register? I see a link to log-in and a link for new users to register... but nowhere does it tell me what additional features I would get after registering. Maybe I missed something, but I can't find it. The log-in says that "Joining is as simple as 1,2,3...", but it doesn't tell me why.

The FAQs are also staying silent about it, and so does the rest of the site it seems. I couldn't find it anywhere. Maybe you could right a little bit and tell me "Why" to register after the "Joining is as simple as 1,2,3..." and on the actual register page... maybe in the FAQs as well... the question would be, "Why should I register?".

Maybe you did tell me why and I completely overlooked it... or there is a service that requires user-recognition and I overlooked that service, but I can't find such service there... I know that "My Tools" has to do something with it, but I fail to see how user-recognition is required there.

There are other pages like the Banner page that has extra space at the bottom or other places. I suggest fix those...

I applaud you on your successful placement of links and user-friendliness (outside of the membership service... ) I'm only talking about the site outside of the membership place... haven't registered or logged in... but so far so good.

The site is easy to navigate through and the links are in logical order (or so as I see it), so I don't have anything against that.

I think I'm done with this novel right now... I just might have depleted my ideas on your site :D Good job, I think that you have done a good job overall.
  • drexter
  • drexter

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice easy design. My opinion 6/10

- nice icons (+)
- nice form (+)

- really easy (-)
  • Blester
  • Blester

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks all for your valuable replies and special thanks to Bogey for detailed review.

I'll try to make changes based on your suggestions in next couple of days.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Blester wrote:
Thanks all for your valuable replies and special thanks to Bogey for detailed review.

I'll try to make changes based on your suggestions in next couple of days.

I'm looking forward to it :) I find it easy to review a site that I like :)
  • Markort
  • Born
  • Born
  • Markort

Post 3+ Months Ago

Make more bright logo!
  • katierosy
  • katierosy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Blester design wise your website is grt :) But some of the tools have errors in it. please check into that...
  • katierosy
  • katierosy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Blester Design looks cool...But there is some errors in the tool please check that.
  • ArtphotoasiA
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Italy

Post 3+ Months Ago

My 2 cents.........

layout: is quite good but quite starndard

colors: also quite good but quite standard

contents: personally I will not use the website becuse already there are tons of tools out there...

suggestion: probably you must focus your website on articles and very original contenents that can add value!

Regards
  • richkinsella1
  • Born
  • Born
  • richkinsella1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very white, i'd think about experimenting with a different colour background but the content is great.
  • MichaelCar
  • MichaelCar

Post 3+ Months Ago

Web Tool Hub

Well this is perfect for the newbie like me everything you need to check your web stats, I would however, allow for Q and A page.

Very good Site.
  • misaki_chii
  • Born
  • Born
  • misaki_chii

Post 3+ Months Ago

It seems like there is a wide range of colors so I can't really find the focal points anywhere. I would limit the colors so the user knows what is a header, link, etc.
  • Longclark
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Longclark

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all my thanks or creating such a most useful and needed website. Yes because, now-a-days most of the companies are doing SEO to increase the relevancy and PR of their respective websites and also the concept,layout,design,theme and colour all are nice and good. Please do regular updation which will brings you more number of visitors to your website.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 23 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers