SITE REVIEW: Webvolver.com

• bobej
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bobej

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi All,

After a weekend of frantic coding, here's a custom uilt news-list/discussion forum that I've whipped up.

Webvolver.com

I've only got a few of my blog posts on it now, but I've love to hear what you all think of the site's design. I'm especially interested in what everyone thinks of the site's UI. I'm working on incorporating more images, but I'm very good with photoshop.

Bob Jamison
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• agate20
  • agate20

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice and clean design. Easy to navigate. The pages seem a little bit too crammed. It might be better to have shorter summaries of the stories and show more than six stories per page.
  • takai003
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • takai003
  • Loc: Albany, OR

Post 3+ Months Ago

A great start! You've really done an impressive job with the site so far, I'd love to see what it will look like in a few months.

The idea of the site is great, and it's easy to register and submit a story which is also a big plus.

Because your site is mostly text, I would suggest finding a constant color scheme to use that makes the site unique from any other blog (this will bring some life into things as well - you could really go wild with css on this site). Also like agate said, I would shorten the story descriptions and put more space between the table cells.

But overall it looks great so far. I've bookmarked the site if that's any indication ;)
  • azza132
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • azza132
  • Loc: U.k

Post 3+ Months Ago

My first impressions of your site were that the front page looked a little like when i do a spelling mistake whilst typing in a web adress and it comes up some weird search page but when i actually began to read the purpose and well dont by the way for adding the purpose at the top (some sites you just don't know what there about) The actual idea is really good and constructive, maybe (my opinion) a little more colour on the site will add some more affect to the front page but it is entirely up to you but overall the site is good!
Keep it up m8! :D
  • harlequeen
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Wales

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think I would like to see more white space as the page looks cramped. At first look it appears to me like one of those sites which sell 'get rich quick' schemes, they bombard you with all sorts of things on the first page, without giving you space to look at stuff.

Perhaps a bit more padding around the text of each story would make them stand out more.

Good work though
  • Ishii
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Ishii
  • Loc: Gilbert, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Information overload when I first enter the page. I think if you did a single column instead of double column and centered the whole thing it would look a lot less intimidating.

Also, I found an error on this page. Looks like some HTML decided it wanted to be displayed as part of the article.
  • bobej
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bobej

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the feedback. I'm working on tidying up things. I used the same basic layout to do another website: http://www.stickyissue.com and I much prefer the centered layout, though I hate to waste all the space on the sides. I'm looking to incorporate some more color and images, but it's slow work.

Much thanks,

Bob Jamison
  • multiplayeren
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • multiplayeren

Post 3+ Months Ago

I newer like those simple sites.. looks like a Frontpage site.

Why not adding a design with nice and smooth grafix.

And the colours are doll.

But you might like it simple, so keep it simple ;)

Regards

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers