SITE REVIEW: Weighty.info

• cubechris
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Gloucester, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Recently acquired this site from somebody over at Namepro's, currently its a bit generic but hey I would appreciate some comments anyway.

The site can be found here:
Weighty.info
and
WeightInfo.be

As you may have guessed it specalises in Weight Loss Infomation Articles, and has thousands on site, I am fairly happy with the placement of the Google ads as I dont think they get in the way to much.

Please leave your comments below

Cheers
Chris
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• sports-facts
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • sports-facts
  • Loc: Detroit

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like your site, but i think you need to find a way to organize your articles. it is hard tofind something looking threw a list of 100's of articles. perhaps organize them in to sub-categories
  • cubechris
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, It is something I would love to do, and ofcourse add a search facility along with categories, but I fear the shear amount of time it would take!

Any more comments would be appreciated.
  • miniRank.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • miniRank.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

cubechris wrote:
Recently acquired this site from somebody over at Namepro's, currently its a bit generic but hey I would appreciate some comments anyway.

The site can be found here:
Weighty.info
and
WeightInfo.be

As you may have guessed it specalises in Weight Loss Infomation Articles, and has thousands on site, I am fairly happy with the placement of the Google ads as I dont think they get in the way to much.

Please leave your comments below

Cheers
Chris

Put some structure in the articles, it's too much SEO this way, I stopped reading the link's names after the 10-th link.
  • cubechris
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

miniRank.com wrote:

Put some structure in the articles, it's too much SEO this way, I stopped reading the link's names after the 10-th link.

Could you elaborate on what you mean please?
  • biossss
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Latvia

Post 3+ Months Ago

At first you must define background-color to your page... then next that really made me angry were ads by goooooogle, thay are too many, are they?

And site is pretty poor, so from designers view- there is nothing to review... Site is already loose its weight :D
  • bpeh
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bpeh

Post 3+ Months Ago

your homepage shouldnt scare pple off and it scares me. the list of links are just crazy. like suggested, you need to categorize them. homepage should be simple and appealing.
  • Elite Skills
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Elite Skills

Post 3+ Months Ago

The content is good. Plenty of text, but at first with the adwords and the tons of links it seems like a spam page. It also is uncomfortable with the apple and the measurer. Use skinny white people like all the other weight loss pages. People dont want to think about eating fruit and measuring themselves just yet, they're looking ahead.
  • Foofie a Boo
  • Born
  • Born
  • Foofie a Boo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Reduce the number of related articles on the right side.
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

First thing I noticed was the way the apple image loaded. I'm on a fast internet connection so its not that big of a deal for me. You may want to reduce its size. Someone on dail-up wont be too happy. The image is 247.19 KB and thats a tad large. I would try to get it down to at least 30 - 50 KB. You shouldnt lose much quality, if any at all. And it will make for happier browsers and less bandwith usage.

Make sub catagories for all your links. Google will love your website, but users will hate it. I cant stand looking at all those links, even though I might not mind reading some of them, the only reason I clicked on one was to see how you had the articles formatted.

I would also change the link colour to a less jumpy colour. Most people wont be able to look at your page for too long without seeing spots.

I would reduce your related articles down to 3 - 5 (5 at most). what are those articles related to anyways? Perhas randomise the "Related articles". If you dont know how, just ask someone. I could help you if you needed it.

I would make your header a little bigger and add a few graphics in there. Make sure the name of the website is what people see when they look at the top. I would rather people remember my website and return than click on a google ad that might make me $0.02
  • ginko
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would like to see the articles grouped by sub subjects , It will help allot for anyone looking for info. overall I like it
  • kevsterb007
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kevsterb007

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first thing I notice is all the infromation. It's intimidating. I agree with "sports-facts". You need to try to organize your infromation.
  • brd1984
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • brd1984
  • Loc: Chester, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the structure could be laid out better.

Not very eye catching, they say it takes milliseconds for visitors to decide whether they like the site or not.
  • digit_info
  • digit_info

Post 3+ Months Ago

Need nice template or header. May be flash.
  • BellaNightshade
  • Born
  • Born
  • BellaNightshade

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not too keen on the design, it needs a bit more impact to it, as sugested maybe a banner or something. Content is good and the design is getting there it just needs a bit of work in my opinion. Well done though
  • khasmoth
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • khasmoth

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice niche.Very informative site.I think I missed this one on NamePros because I like this type of site.
It has rich in keywords.Good luck to your site pal.IMO you should put some menu at the top of the page.Or some visitor will get lost in your site.
  • Mall23
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like one of those spawned sites that you hit when you mis-type a url. Do what some of the others suggested and categorize your links. Nicely and not in a spreadsheet format like those spawned pages do.

Also, the first article I clicked on auto-forwarded me...another sign of a spawned/scam site.

And funny enough, the thing forwarded me to http:/// -- Heh, duh. :roll:

Might want to clean it up and re-release it in a month or so after it's been tweaked and bug tested.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 17 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers