SITE REVIEW: whatatop.com

• csr03
  • csr03

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi! I have this site http://www.whatatop.com with about popular pics with a considerable amount of visits. I would like to get comments about design, colors, logo (still needs some work), etc. I will thank as well any comment about the translation to English, whether it is enough well translated (more or less) or there are mistakes on it.
Thks very much.

Carlos
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• JasonStanley
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • JasonStanley
  • Loc: London, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

A couple of problems... the adsense ads are advertising womens underwear...

POST A PCITURE should be POST A PICTURE

My issue is that the site doesn't really have a theme. You can add any photo of any kind For a little while I thought the site was for winter shots as I saw an igloo then a host of snowy pictures. I think a description on the first page as to what the site is and does would go along way.

Your About page also needs some work as there are many small errors on it.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok my Main issue is that picture on the main page, Its not that attractive and the quality of it is not that great. If you change that this would be a good start.

Then mabye think of a new banner mabye? Something a little more eye catching would be good.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

On the landing page the W3C Validator found 6 errors ... click here to see them ...

Okay, this is weird, whatever script or control you are using is disabling my mouse's scroll wheel ... when I hold my pointer right to the side of the page (where it'as not above a control) it can scroll, but when it's on one I can't scroll ...

To be honest, there are way too many of these type of sites on the internet for my liking ... And I don't like one of them ... Sorry ... yet another one of those ... No offence ...
  • kc0tma
  • o|||||||o
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Trout Creek, MT

Post 3+ Months Ago

R_T is right about the volume of this type of site on the internet, they really are a dime a dozen. I do like this one though. I don't know why, but websites with black and gray and brighter colored text appeal to me. And the pictures I saw are very cool too. The first thing that caught my eye was the counters on the main page, I saw the vote counter going up. Nice touch there, but maybe if you can choose a different font for those counters. The digital LCD type of numbers just didn't quite fit the rest of the page.
  • wayzee
  • wayzee
  • Loc: pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

logo is good but your site layout is not good & does go with the theme . you need to improve your site design as your site concept is good.
  • motionmountain
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • motionmountain

Post 3+ Months Ago

csr03 wrote:
Hi! I have this site http://www.whatatop.com with about popular pics with a considerable amount of visits. I would like to get comments about design, colors, logo (still needs some work), etc. I will thank as well any comment about the translation to English, whether it is enough well translated (more or less) or there are mistakes on it.
Thks very much.

Carlos

Very beautiful site!

On pages like http://www.whatatop.com/fullstatistics.php?id_pic=14209 the font is too small.

MM
  • matview
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • matview
  • Loc: http://www.tedjob.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks and works great. my only concern is how your site differentiate and excel sites like flickr, pbase, etc.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers