SITE REVIEW: Whosend.com

• fatihn123
  • fatihn123

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I have developed http://www.whosend.com

Short site description is "Whosend, one place to follow your friends and interests..."
---
Use Whosend to;
- connect with your friends, follow all of your interests
- create public and private spaces between your friends, share whatever you want, videos, photos, files, links and events
- keep track of your interests/works/events by using followables.
---
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks good, unfortunately I have to watch the video to see your site since I'm not a member. From what I see it looks very clean, very much an emulation of facebook.
  • fatihn123
  • fatihn123

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually only looking side to facebook is middle section which very much same in very blogvsite. in whosend main difference/addition is usage of 'followables'. you create public and private spaces for your friends. you create subgroups of your friends and share among them which is independent of other followables.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

so it's somewhat like twitter except that you can allow only certain people to "follow" certain things?
  • fatihn123
  • fatihn123

Post 3+ Months Ago

actually it is up to you you can make it public for all of your friends or a subbgroup.

In addition, you can create infinite number of followables for every purpose such as you create one for a school project in between 3 of your friends another for any sport group for 8 of your friend shortly you just open a new followable for any purpose or follow your friends followables.
  • fatihn123
  • fatihn123

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here is a short drawing about followables

• winterdude
  • winterdude

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the general appearance of your website. It is well organized and has a professional appearance which will most definitely help in attracting new members. I don't think you really need to change anything design wise, but one small mistake I found was on the registration page. Underneath the CAPTCHA it says "aggreeing." There is only one g in agreeing. Other than that it looks good! If you get just work on getting some traffic to your site i'm sure it will be a success!
  • missyvoid
  • Born
  • Born
  • missyvoid

Post 3+ Months Ago

it does look very similar to facebook, the colour scheme and layout in particular. the 'followables' are very similar to the groups and friends lists that facebook has too.

It looks clean and easy to understand though, which is a major plus point. And I love the video, that's a really good idea and showed me exactly how to start using your site.

well done!
  • evatw001
  • Born
  • Born
  • evatw001

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the layout. I didn't make an account. The followables are a good idea they make it differ from Facebook or at least feel like it.
  • fatihn123
  • fatihn123

Post 3+ Months Ago

Another under development feature is global followables which is accesible by non-registered users also with a simple link

http://www.whosend.com/121342

just like a phone number. You can share aything with the world easily by this type of followable.

http://www.whosend.com
  • genux
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site.. :).. nice idea.. very similar to allot of other sites out there at present or am I missing something ?
  • fatihn123
  • fatihn123

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually idea is making sharing anything in simplest way. you create a followable for any purpose with just filling a title and defining 2-3 privacy option and that is it. you start sharing either among your friends or with the world. you can even use it for any course home page, project page (such as http://www.whosend.com/121342). Make the privacy of followable private just to use it between your family.

The point is these features can partially be done with other sites such as google groups, facebook pages twitter and so on, in whosend whole idea is to communicate with friends and world through 'followables' (~spaces ~groups.. ). it is the simplest way.
  • fatihn123
  • fatihn123

Post 3+ Months Ago

in addition; in whosend we try to make the data(anything shared) valuable. in other words we just want to make sure any valuable info is not getting lost among other threads/entries. every entry goes what ever it belongs to.
  • genux
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ummm.. sounds very similar to facebook ? groups and family members with different privacy settings ?

hope that it takes off though.
  • fatihn123
  • fatihn123

Post 3+ Months Ago

in facebook you define privacy but all entries goes into same wall. assume you have a school project and want to use facebook to communicate with project members, alll posts of your friends goes into same wall even you have defined privacy for each entry. and everything is mixxed.
  • genux
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

k.. so you organize each area and so that only posts in that area are posted in that area only ? which if you post on a wall in a area on facebook that is only for that area ? again am I missing something ? of course in facebook if you post your status update then you everyone that you are "friends" with gets to see that..
  • fatihn123
  • fatihn123

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes each area(followable) has its own entry space (photo albums, video albums, files, activities etc...)

from the area I mean a shared space between a subset of your friends.
there is only one followable some of the friends can write others just follow.
  • fatihn123
  • fatihn123

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have updated intro page to make more informative, any suggestions?

http://www.whosend.com
  • joomlads07
  • joomlads07
  • Loc: 3 Locust Street, Suite A Assonet, MA 02702

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its a nice site but I want to give you a humble advice i.e you have used so many tables in your site which are just slowing down it a bit. Try to use more div which will surely decrease the loading time

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers