SITE REVIEW: Whoz Web Creations

• WhozWoody
  • Loc: Whittier, NC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am always thinking of ways to improve my site.. I know it is something simple but I can't quite put my hands on it.. Thanks in advance for all your reviews. Any help will be apprecitated..

http://www.whozwebcreations.com
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks like you got a little too excited with a banner maker. :p

Using Firefox 1.5/XP:

- Why is there so much blank space between your navigation at the top of the page and the welcome message?

- Why do you have a search that doesn't search your site?

- Your graphics are so... different?... from each other that I thought they were all ads for different web sites.

- The navigation at the bottom of the page links to various areas of your site. Those links seems to correspond to the images you have on either side of your centred (ugh) text. Why aren't those images links as well?

- Your Flash animation serves no purpose. If you want to use gratuitous Flash, that's up to you, but it should have more of an impact... presumably, you're trying to wow prospective clients with your multimedia skills. What you've got up there now looks like it was exported/converted to Flash from PowerPoint.

Hth.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi woody. Ok many things here......

First off I can tell you are using free online graphics for the links at the top (the navi ones) and the banner. Do you have photoshop? Corel? Maybe paint shop pro? If you do and just dont know how to use them yet, google a tutorial for them. Thats how I learned a while back.

Next off I dont like the space back ground at all. Maybe a greyish background instead. And for the background behind the content background, maybe a black that gradually turns white? That would look much better in my opinion.

Next we have to maybe low quality images on the site. The gifs are flashing in my face and taking away from the rest of the site, you need better content postioning. And the search feature you have would be better placed near the bottom of the page for your particular layout. As justG said, the search feature should search your site also.

Last off I feel like your own actual content is lacking in abundance. There is not much on your site that pertains to your site at all. I cant tell if you have a theme for the site. What the heck is it about? The ads/gifs (maybe these "ads" are links to your site but if they are they are coming off like they are ads, I didnt feeling like clicking them all) are over taking the site. The ratio of gifs/ads to content is not good at all.

Sorry I could be more positive in this review, just trying to give you a sincere review that can improve your site,. Unlike more the reviews people give like "good job" or "needs work".

Good luck with the site woody, keep working hard.
  • pimpmasta
  • Student
  • Student
  • pimpmasta

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi woody. First off, good job, but... there are a few things that seem to bug me about the page off of a first impression point of view.

- I would reccommend changing the links at the top of the page. I personally don't like seeing free links used either. Now I know that it may sound negative but hey, if I noticed it chances are other people will too.

- In a website, I like to see images that have somewhat the same colour scheme / style. Try changing colours to match each other.

- It seems as though your theme is jumping all over the place. I like looking at sites that are all one themed sites. In other words, change the images so that they are all related to each other, it gives the site a sense of flow and organization.

Other than that good job. I know it sounds corny but don't take what I say too too seriously, I am only one person and my opinion is my opinion, so what I say could not be what another person feels... just throwing it out there :wink: .
  • musicbiz
  • musicbiz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maby u can use different types of tables for your index page.
Or use 1 big logo on it with ''Web Design Pages and Logos, Whoz Web Creations Forum etc. under the logo.
change the worldglobe into something orginal.
  • dreams
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: New Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

sorry to say but didnt like anything here. if you are in learning phase then its ok, but if you are professional then is of no use.

as mentioned by pimpmasta and apsblackbelt2 you must improve your design and navigation.
  • grinch2171
  • Genius
  • Loc: Martinsburg, WV

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are offering your service as a web designer, presumably for businesses to come to you for a design solution. Just by going to your website I immediately thought this wouldn't be someone I want designing my site. It lacks a level of professionalism I would be seeking. It looks as if it were done using Front Page.

As mentioned before, the starry background is unnecessary and overdone. The logo looks like you were in a rush and just needed something. You offer a Digital Design service but yet you didn't employ it for your own site or is that type of service I can expect from you.

Some pages have center aligned text while others are aligned to the left.

I realy hope this isn't the best you can do, if it is your business will not last for very long.
  • WhozWoody
  • Loc: Whittier, NC

Post 3+ Months Ago

I had an Idea that it was looking to crowded and I now have updated with my own graphics. I am new at this and with time I hope my skills will improve... Hope it looks presentable now... Thanks Again.....

You can See the new look at
http://www.whozwebcreations.com

Happy Holidays
  • musicbiz
  • musicbiz

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try to get inspiration from other sites that actractive , once you see interface that you like, you can take parts as an idea from it, but try to stay orginal.
(for example templatemonster, got a lot of nice layouts)
  • vasam
  • vasam

Post 3+ Months Ago

OOooops.. the background is terrible. you need work work and more work on this site.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

Decent attempt to improve the site woody! Much better than before I will add. But the back is not exactly working still. Also, the links on the left shouldnt be the same shade of color as there background. Keep working!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers