SITE REVIEW: I Will Speak

• balko
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • balko
  • Loc: Lancaster, Pa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes, it's my crappy site. I'm sad to say, it's not my first. The sites mainly for people to send in their poems, stories, and graphics and I'll put them on the site for others to see...

Yes, I know I'm bad at HTML...lol. And I'm working on a new submission form...but it's php, (and i don't know any really), and my friends helping me with it...
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Rat
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: desk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Actually, that site is pretty nice. Small but nice. The navigation is simple, and easy to access. I also like your header. What did you do too make that effect? :?:
  • balko
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • balko

Post 3+ Months Ago

I must tell the truth.

The layout and header were made by my friend. I can't make things like that, but i did make the CSS file...lol. I did script it all though.
  • paul72388
  • paul72388
  • Loc: new york

Post 3+ Months Ago

it needs some work. Maybe some pictures to make it look more intertesting.
  • Necrite
  • Necrite
  • Loc: Belgium

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

it's a good site, just a few remarks :

@ a spelling error in the submit page : "SUBMIT YOUR PEOMS"
In the book review, you should add a pic of the books near the critics or a link to a site for more infos (eg: amazon.com)

@ The place you use for the text is too narrow and you have empty place in the right and the left. It's difficult to read long text (eg: The inferno).

@ I must scroll down 5 minutes to reach the end.

@ Why don't you put the menu in the first right column, it would be more easier o use.

Necrite :twisted:
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad. I seemed rather plain to me. and are all those lines really necessary? Im not sure, maybe more pictures, more content? Its not bad but it needs some work.
  • futurebuzz
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Birmingham England

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off.. i dont like the colors. Both the text and BG.

I do like the header. Nice work!!

I dont like the font-style you have used, but that's just me...

The page looks odd in the way it's positioned to the left. Looks better central IMO.

Too much space at the bottom of the page.

On the Graphics page, the 1st pic is over the line/border. Looks like a mistake.

IMO, you need to change some of the BG colors in the cells. Looks odd that you have vertical lines that have the same BG surrounding them...

Good effort though. Don't be put off by my comments... :oops:
  • balko
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • balko

Post 3+ Months Ago

I took away the brs at the bottom. Didn't know they were there.

The layout was made on a 800x600 (or whatever) is it looks kinda bad an empty on higher res.

I can't move the nav, cuz the img. That says "Navagation" is part of the header.

More content...
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

The text is very hard to see with such a background, I like the Girly colors ^-^ theyre very cute, simple site, a very nice starter site. yea, keep up the good news, also, need a affiliate ^.-?
  • Foxy
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: places..

Post 3+ Months Ago

also, your site needs to be fixed, as in every link gets=

Warning: main(submit.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/balko/public_html/index.php on line 40

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'submit.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/balko/public_html/index.php on line 40
  • balko
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • balko

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, I was doing somethin' to the index.php file, and i messed up the one code...and yeah. It took me like an hour to relize why it wasn't working.

The 'Girly-Colors' come from my AIM colors. Haha. Been using the same kind for like a year.
  • khs
  • Born
  • Born
  • khs
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

You should add a better font (may some layer effects on it, on photoshop) that's on your banner.

You should redo the color scheme completly to match your header. (I think the layout is way too bright)
  • Volki
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi i saw your site, and i liked the header a lot however as it was mentioned before you have to change the color scheme to match it also i didn't like the text color it hurts the eues and is hard to read and just not nice but well that is my opinion.

You got a problem with your tables i not sure why it occures however when viewing it with IE with a resolution 1024*768 i could see three lines on the right hand side which are toatlly pointless there take a look at the picture(i did a screen capture) it's hosted at my site the url is http://www.humorindustry.com/images/temp/I%20will%20speak%20image.gif so you can see what i mean.

Also u need to make it more interactive and user friendly i guess(add a forum maybe or if smth easier then poll will do also). More pictures, graphics?

ur header is nice however u should add ur logo to it not just write I will speak on bottom bottomright corner of it. Kills the header as well it doesn't look professional.

If u need any help with this stuff PM and i will do my best.

All the best,

Volki[/url]
  • Volki
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm looks like i **** up on posting a url to the screen capture let me try again:

http://www.humorindustry.com/images/temp/I%20will%20speak%20image.gif
  • Volki
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol again what m i doing wrong here

*scratches back of his heading, feeling embarrassed*
  • balko
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • balko

Post 3+ Months Ago

i do have a forum on my site...

Yeah, I'm getting a new layout.
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmm... I'm' not so partial to the whole "the entire page is has one background color" thing going on there. It hurts :(. I like centering things...but I think there's way too much of that going on. Things like stories should be aligned left or justified. It would help. On the submit page, I notice a very big different with the font sizes... it scares me. :( And maybe some more color in your text would be good. While I'm on the topic of color...I don't recommend using those basic colors (you know, when you get like 16 or so choices). Custom colors are a plus. Use this page to help pick colors (http://hotwired.lycos.com/webmonkey/reference/color_codes/).
  • balko
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • balko

Post 3+ Months Ago

well, the center tag is in the index.php layout file. If i were to code every page a certin way...then i'd forget the codes on the pages...

it's happened before.
  • Liquescence
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Queens, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

huh??
  • balko
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • balko