SITE REVIEW: Window Cleaning Directory

• Bartell
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Bartell

Post 3+ Months Ago

This is my first website. It's a directory for window cleaners. Within the last couple weeks I have started to get very good ranking for my targeted keywords in Google. Right now the design seems too plain to me. Please let me know any comments or suggestions.

http://www.windowcleaningdirectory.net
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• DPZero
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off, I think the layout is messy. The map on the right side is great, but that is the only graphic element you have on your main page. I think you should place some more graphics. I think a simple window-wall of a sky scraper should do it.

Also, you should think about a site logo, a nice title and make sure you get rid of the huge AdSense in the middle of your homepage. It might earn you some money, but I think you loose more on the image of your website.

Cheers!
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The W3C Validator found 24 errors in your coding ... you can click here to see them ... Please note that this is on the "home" page only ... you should check the others yourself aswell ...

Then won't you add some rollovers to your main-nav ... I think that'd make it look a little better even ... Then you could also disablr the link of the page that a user is on, for example, if a user is on the "window cleaning" page, you could disable the "window cleaning" link and make it another colour (or rollover state) ... that way, users will know which page they are on, and they won't redirect to the page that they are already on ...

On the "home" page there is a huge gap in the content right below the words "You may also apply for a free listing for your company on WindowCleaningDirectory.net!" I think you should remove that ...

Then I think you should switch from using tables and go to using CSS and DIVs to lay out your pages ... which makes editing a lot easier at the end of the day ...

Again on the "directory" page there is a big gap below the picture (map of USA) which can be removed ... Also on the "Information" page below the words "Rain may lead to slippy surfaces which inturn could cause fatal accidents."

On the "contact" page you may want to validate that form a little bit better ... adding an email validation checker ... I just sent a message using an email address of "rt" ... just maybe check for an at (@) and a dot (.) aswell ...

I think DPZero is right in the fact that you need an image for the heading aswell, just tospice things up a bit ...
  • Bartell
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Bartell

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thank you for the feedback. Don't be offended if I don't change everything that was recommended. This site was pretty much just practice for me and I don't intend on spending too much time on it. It more of a reference for future sites for me. Thank you for all your input.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's not glamourous, but it's a reasonably clean site - not too bad for a first effort! I would add some nice picture somewhere, maybe in the header - just to make it a little more visually stimulating.

And I must confess the tooltips that pop up over certain links are annoying the hell out of me.....

celandine

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 5 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers