SITE REVIEW: World of Discussions (Forum)

• Precision
  • Precision

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site: http://www.worldofdiscussions.com

World of Discussions is a new forum created for the general public to come relax, and talk about whatever it is they want to. We have a Digital Design company known as Precision to help create your logo or web design images for you :). I wanted to get some feedback from visitors. How is it? Theme okay? Logo good? Any ideas to bring in traffic, and potentially members?

Right now I would like to have feedback on these ideas we have going:
1. $50 Contest (monthly)
2. Give-aways of software that is paid for (~$49.99 worth)
3. Post / Forum exchange (you post on mine . I post on yours type deal)

Wanted to get some feedback if you think those are good ideas.

Thanks for everything,
Mike
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I went to your site and then on the very top clicked on your $50 Contest - February, and then on the bottom of that page it says:

Quote:
after completing your article, please submit it in our Articles section of our Forums

Articles and Forums there are actually links. So I clicked on Articles as I would think that is the link you would want people to goto and on that page it says:

Quote:
World of Discussions - Error
The requested forum could not be found.

So I am guessing others might run into that problem and give up.

Hope that helps you some :)
  • Precision
  • Precision

Post 3+ Months Ago

Will look into it now, thanks so much :)

[EDIT] Fixed it, thanks so much.
  • Precision
  • Precision

Post 3+ Months Ago

Changed a couple things on the site. I'd appreciate some more feedback.

Changed the logo.
Changed a lot of topics in the forum, so its more "general-based" now instead of "web design"-based.
  • Zealous
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

o.k i have a few thoughts.....

Firstly the layout is not too bad, it is clean enough, i like a border box my white web sites to sharpen the edges but that is just me i like my sites aligned for the eyes to instantly tell how the site is setup.

The logo is nice but i would change it to a GIF for rendering and also add a white background to it so the blue center circle has a better edge as i can see the lines as it curves but that is just anal presentation.

I also can not groove to the logo font of the name of the site, looks too plain but again anal presentation.

http://worldofdiscussions.com/useralbum ... lio.1/view
No comment on items them-self but.....is this a hidden developer advert inside the site? Like the name "WoD" to me is a article site for reading about others and so when i see portfolio and it is for something unrelated to the web site i ask myself "Why".

Professional recommendation if that is a advertising portfolio to clients is that i would rethink what you have them and add something else to it. I like the background photo for what you have done with the energy lines but that is it. The water drop looks like a pattern overlay liquified.

It is good to show your work but i find that these are not professional portfolio items that you want to show clients.

I can't review the rest of them so i would suggest working on some new items this week when you get a chance.

Next......

Your article in the content about adobe flash http://worldofdiscussions.com/threads/a ... -flash.88/
I am not sure if it is just me but the background is white and the text is white...........

Not sure if your hosting it off the site but checked the download section and good to see your protecting your content with login to download but 99% of people won't sign up for that when they can download it from Google Servers but not sure how effective it is going to be having chrome browser for a site attraction but moving on......

Your forum seams friendly but really what do you have that every other single forum has with general chat coffee lounge and gamer/geek chat just about 80% of forums have that but o.k my suggestion is to extend to something more unique that will gain you attractions. Keep what you got because it is run of the mill but the great question all ways is Why.......Why should i be apart of this forum when there is more active and dedicated community's out there which is all ways the biggest issue when getting started is forming the community which is why you need to find that unique article writing content to be able to attract people around to your forum not another site.

just to add something else to this novel of a post i am not quite fond of that menu bar as it is boxy and looks like a duplicate of this template that has been around for years. Nothing big but i would extend the theme to be more redonkulious. lol

My review may seam like a narcissist but it is my personal opinion on how you take it that extra mile which you have done some nice work with the site but just like any other project there is more to do. You have a great start but i feel with a bit more work you could be a lot more representable with the public and pull more traffic.

Finial thoughts........i type too much lol

Zealous
  • Moola Mails
  • Moola Mails

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site, I think that it feels a bit cluttered. Also you need to get more members to post and add to the content of your website. It is a forum that I would be interested in joining. Is there another way to get keywords on your page without the keyword clowd. It seems like your trying a bit to hard with that and I"m not sure if members will particularly like that clowd when they are navigating the forum.
  • mindfullsilence
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks great, very easy to follow and very nice design/color scheme/use of white space/contrast. The images within the slideshow on the homepage look cheap and sort of break the overall feel, I'd tweak those a bit to make them more presentable. And I agree with Zealous that the font used in the text next to the logo could work better as something else.

Btw, Zealous...use some damn periods once in a while :P

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers