SITE REVIEW: would a site like this make me money?

• CircleOfLinks
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi ive just done a simple site hoping i could make some extra cash out of it? do youz think something like this would work and would be worth participating in the google adwards scheme?

the site is http://www.CircleOfLinks.com/au/jokes.htm

Please let me know what you think i appreciate all feedback. Even the nasty ones.

ps> remember i made it a simple site. Didn’t really want to spend much time on it,

Thanks

danny
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well if you're counting on people to confuse the Google ads links as links to jokes on your site then you poorly misjudged the intellect of your viewers. In truth as soon as I realized you have no jokes on your site, I left immediately never to return. After I realized what you did, I thought it was quite deceptive and in no way would I give you the satisfaction of increasing your income by falling for that trick.

Sure, you might catch a couple of gullible ones and make a few bucs now and then, but as soon as they realize what you've done, they'll never be back. That's not gonna make you a bunch of money. Repeat and regular visitors will.

Quit trying to make money the lazy way and make a real joke site, and then you might have something. It was quite obvious that you spent very little time on it at all.
  • Truce
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Truce
  • Loc: Washington DC

Post 3+ Months Ago

To be short, No.

If you create something worth using, then people will use it.
  • pinkink
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is no funny there, just the deceptive adwords links. The problems with this are stated above, plus adwords probably has something against tricking people into clicks and they'll probably cancel your account.

The design reminds me of the styles popular back in the late nineties -- multiple identical animations, cariacature cartoon images ... I don't think people are going to take this seriously (no pun intended), or be tempted to stick around or click anything.
  • dyefade
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

pinkink wrote:
There is no funny there, just the deceptive adwords links. The problems with this are stated above, plus adwords probably has something against tricking people into clicks and they'll probably cancel your account.

The design reminds me of the styles popular back in the late nineties -- multiple identical animations, cariacature cartoon images ... I don't think people are going to take this seriously (no pun intended), or be tempted to stick around or click anything.

Excellent. Welcome to Ozzu pinkink.

P.S. your misterworld link is broken?
  • pinkink
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

dyefade wrote:
Excellent. Welcome to Ozzu pinkink.

P.S. your misterworld link is broken?

Oh, hay there, thanks for the welcome. I'll get around to introducing myself shortly. :D

Aa, thanks for pointing that out -- tired, typed in the wrong domain, etc. Fixed.
  • wallarookiller
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

yea trying to trick people into clicking ads never works and it does go against the terms of google adwords
  • drojdierii
  • drojdierii
  • Loc: GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya, it's a joke alright.
  • Alexey
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Alexey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anything can make money if you put in work. That page though requires alot of it.
  • jonathanl3
  • jonathanl3

Post 3+ Months Ago

As others have pointed out, you won't make any money with that webpage without some pretty serious additions. My advice is to simply scrap it, and move on to something else.

For one thing, how do you plan to generate traffic to your site? You're not actually offering anything of value, meaning no-one will bother linking to your webpage. Thus, you wont rank in the SE's so for all intents and purposes your site will be 'invisible' to 99.999% of web users.

On top of all this, I can't imagine Jokes/Humour related keywords are all that competitive, which means you'll only get a few cents in the unlikely event someone actually clicks on one of your adsense ads.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers