SITE REVIEW: WoWJuju

• Loky
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello everyone,

I had a lot of projects in the past few years and I managed to make them work very well. Like one year ago I started a website dedicated to World of Warcraft. News, custom guides, custom tools and stuff like that.
I used a lot of things to promote my website. Signatures and forum participating, directory submission (website and feed also), social bookmarking websites (users started to submit by their own now), yahoo answers, a lot of SEO tuning for my source, idiot-proof layout, etc...

I guess you guys got the picture. I have done and followed most the advices i could find around.

Now, what else i should do? I need members/guests participation and maybe some more feed subscribers. I also ran a contest and everything went great... some idea of future contests would be cool too.
Also, any ideas related to SEO, layout design and... I don't know... everything you can think of.

Link: www.wowjuju.com

Thank you all in advance.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• JasonStanley
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • JasonStanley
  • Loc: London, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Firstly your top right image at 95kb is far too big. I find your site slow, I also believe it isn't correctly design.

This is World of Warcraft. http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/index.xml

When you arrive on that website it is obvious as to what the site does. With your site it takes 5-10 seconds to load, it then takes 5-10 more for your one WoW image to load. What you do isn't immediately obvious. This is your problem.

Speed up your website
Make the design reflect the content.
  • Loky
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for your reply JasonStanley.

You are right about speeding up the website and you are also right about the 95kb image. It will be fixed...

As for the layout i'm not totally agree. The design should reflect the content but I'm totally against heavy graphics websites. Remove your cache and see how long does it take you to load the WoW official website... Beside that, here is an example of a HUGE wow dedicated website wowhead(dot)com. Things could be added and i should add more stuff to the layout to reflect it's content but I wont switch to a heavy graphics website.
  • Larrycleve1
  • Larrycleve1

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, I like the colors. However there is way too much content on the first page and the font is too small for my tired old eyes. How about having info on different pages with links to them on the first page? Good luck!
  • itduke
  • itduke

Post 3+ Months Ago

Larrycleve1 wrote:
Hi, I like the colors. However there is way too much content on the first page and the font is too small for my tired old eyes. How about having info on different pages with links to them on the first page? Good luck!

Yes increase the font so would be more readable.

ITD
  • Loky
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Done...font increased now :D

Now, any other ideas?
  • fukera
  • Born
  • Born
  • fukera

Post 3+ Months Ago

well you can start contest like who can draw the annoying creature in photoshop or paint versions.
  • Loky
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks a lot for your replies again.
Looks like the contest was a good idea. I'm running a story telling contest at the moment and everything is just fine.

Plus I'm happy that with the new google page ranking update I went up from 3/10 to 4/10 :D
  • sbrown2009
  • sbrown2009

Post 3+ Months Ago

color scheme can be tweaked a bit. i think it could be easier on the eyes.
  • Loky
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

sbrown2009 wrote:
color scheme can be tweaked a bit. i think it could be easier on the eyes.

Don't really think is so hard on the eyes but I'll try to fix the green a bit.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers