• Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• mystic
  • mystic

Post 3+ Months Ago

from what i see it looks like a great site! good job!

the only thing thats very minor i would change is at the bottom the links i wouldn't put a "..." after each word
  • ronburk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Insists on displaying a teeny-tiny font, refuses to obey my IE setting of View|Text Size|Largest (if you're not interested in older visitors who have the most money, teeny fonts can be fine).

The HTML begins with a botched comment syntax (hard to guess what SE robots will decide to do with that). There's a who-knows-what-that-means "<!LINK" construct in the middle. Some table tags have duplicate "border" attributes. Various other severe HTML errors. All in all, unlikely to display correctly across very many browser/configurations.
  • samp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • samp

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi

will look into the syntax, thx

i have tested it in IE, Firefox, Opera and Netscape and it seems to work perfectly, havent tried it with mac browser as yet

thx
  • ewomack
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

That looks cool. An auction site for art and such. Sounds like a niche marketing strategy. With e-bay starting to bloat (and subsequently getting more expensive) you may be on to something here (though I don't know if other online art auctions exist - I'm assuming more do).

I like the random pictures and the general look. The one thing I would say is that your byline "Online auctions for art & design" gets a little bit buried under the text box to the right. That line could be showcased more, but for an art auction site design probably takes precendence over practicality at times.

Now all you need is more art to auction and some bids.
  • samp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • samp

Post 3+ Months Ago

thx for the feedback ppl
  • malls
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • malls

Post 3+ Months Ago

mystic wrote:
from what i see it looks like a great site! good job!

I'm joined!
  • miniRank.com
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • miniRank.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

samp wrote:
hi guys

just went live with my first auction site please let me know what you think

http://www.4dgallery.com

thx

4dgallery by 4paws design :) I like it already.

Maybe you can 'fade' the orange a bit? everywhere on the site? It just glares on me on my 19'' screen.

I was wondering what the grass+ball image on the bottom is doing? Whatever is the intention, it's just delaying me to get to the navigational links on the bottom. It is a great picture to be put somewhere, but not where it's laying now.

Maybe you can make each page with a bit of separate background (it's white now). That way, when I skim throughout you site quickly, I'll get the feeling that you distinctly different pages?

About those few pictures that change randomly at the top of each page. Maybe you can make them to be links to already existing pieces of art that are being auctioned?

Overall, good site, I like it.
  • samp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • samp

Post 3+ Months Ago

as the user and auctions build, the random images should change to user auctions images with the link idea.

but at the moment they need to get auctions happening,

thx for all the feedback, its been great
  • tonymartin123
  • tonymartin123

Post 3+ Months Ago

hi

its a good work dear but orange color is not looking so good may be you can try some sober color -just my own opinion
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh i like what you got here.. i am a sucker for orange and i likw what you did with it
  • Younggoggles

Post 3+ Months Ago

very nice layout samp, really easy to see everything and it is organized very well
seems as though u've done a good job of this mate,
1 thing you could probably work on, was maybe arranging the content on the right (links etc.) to just beneath the header
  • teambackyard
  • Loc: GUAM

Post 3+ Months Ago

the site is eyecatching with the color and all. it took a while to load, maybe the intense graphics. you need the graphics to see products, though for users with less system memory, the site will open slow and they might get turned off. try a lower graphic format. other than that, its eyecatching and informative, great job.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers