Thanks
:)
  • TripleHelix
  • Born
  • Born
  • TripleHelix
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know the google ads are probably necessary, but their placement kind of bothers me. Mostly the ad in the middle of the page. 3 google ads is too much though, imo. Some of the content seems lacking too. For example, under "Warm up" you don't list basic methods of warming up (just examples of joint warm ups). I think it'd help if Q&A was in the menu bar and it might help to change how "interviews" and "Abs book reviews" look. It's kind of similar to the google ads, which caused me to not pay attention to them at first.

All and all, it looks like a decent site. You have some interesting content, but it feels like it should be part of a generaly fitness website. This makes it feel a bit lacking. Maybe focus more effort on the interviews/reviews to show what experts say on the subject.

Best of luck!
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

TripleHelix wrote:
I know the google ads are probably necessary, but their placement kind of bothers me. Mostly the ad in the middle of the page. 3 google ads is too much though, imo. Some of the content seems lacking too. For example, under "Warm up" you don't list basic methods of warming up (just examples of joint warm ups). I think it'd help if Q&A was in the menu bar and it might help to change how "interviews" and "Abs book reviews" look. It's kind of similar to the google ads, which caused me to not pay attention to them at first.

All and all, it looks like a decent site. You have some interesting content, but it feels like it should be part of a generaly fitness website. This makes it feel a bit lacking. Maybe focus more effort on the interviews/reviews to show what experts say on the subject.

Best of luck!

Thanks TripleHelix,

I will have a look at the add placements.

The Q&A idea sounds great to me.
I will add more expert content soon.

A work in progress.

• shyguyjeff
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

Try to check your errors with this link and i hope it will help you
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.6pack.co.za%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline
Goodluck and Have a nice day. :D
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks shyguyjeff

I see that there is 188 errors, but it is amazing that with all the errors I still have 3000 + keywords in the top 10 in Google, Yahoo and MSN

I will try to fix the errors.

Regards
L

• shyguyjeff
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Philippines

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ur welcome. :D
  • marblehost
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • marblehost

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the homepage is too long.
maybe the custom will lost patient.
And if add some video or animation ,the wesite will be better.
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

marblehost wrote:
I think the homepage is too long.
maybe the custom will lost patient.
And if add some video or animation ,the wesite will be better.

Hi marblehost,

hanks for the advice.

I made the homepage shorter.

Regards
lajocar
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I must say I'm not a big fan of the navigation menu and the hover effect. It doesn't stand out enough for me. The structure seems very open. I think it could use some work with the display a bit, but a nice start.
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Merlyn wrote:
Well I must say I'm not a big fan of the navigation menu and the hover effect. It doesn't stand out enough for me. The structure seems very open. I think it could use some work with the display a bit, but a nice start.

Thanks, Merlyn

This is a work in progress
I will keep on improving the layout and navigation

• cinema88
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • cinema88

Post 3+ Months Ago

hmm .. i think that design is too simple .. but usefull!
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

cinema88 wrote:
hmm .. i think that design is too simple .. but usefull!

Simple is actually best. If you look at the Google homepage... now that is simple.

• questmedia
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

very low resolution on those pictures...split the content cauze no one will scroll all that content. good luck
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

You say that you've already shortened the homepage ... shorten it more ... it's still very long ...

Those rollovers bother me aswell, something doesn't look right there ...

then like there's been said before you have 103 validation errors on your home page alone ... click here to see them ...

then like questmedia said, you need some higher resolution images on the site ...

Then please won't you disable the link of the page that a user is on, for example if a user is on the "the mindset" page, you could disable the "the mindset" link and make it another colour (or rollover state), so that users which page they are on, and that they don't redirect to the same page again ...

On the right hand side you could swithch around the google ads and the and the interviews so that the interviews and book reviews are above the ads, because I'm sure they are of more importance too ...

your website wrote:
- Your Weight / (Your Height)2

that looks a bit misleading, because in maths that would be "Your weight" divided by "((You height) times 2)" instead of squared ...

the BMI calculator doesn't work for me ...
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
You say that you've already shortened the homepage ... shorten it more ... it's still very long ...

Those rollovers bother me aswell, something doesn't look right there ...

then like there's been said before you have 103 validation errors on your home page alone ... click here to see them ...

then like questmedia said, you need some higher resolution images on the site ...

Then please won't you disable the link of the page that a user is on, for example if a user is on the "the mindset" page, you could disable the "the mindset" link and make it another colour (or rollover state), so that users which page they are on, and that they don't redirect to the same page again ...

On the right hand side you could swithch around the google ads and the and the interviews so that the interviews and book reviews are above the ads, because I'm sure they are of more importance too ...

your website wrote:
- Your Weight / (Your Height)2

that looks a bit misleading, because in maths that would be "Your weight" divided by "((You height) times 2)" instead of squared ...

the BMI calculator doesn't work for me ...

Thanks for the tips I will redesign the whole site, but this time in xhtml with css.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

lajocar wrote:
Thanks for the tips I will redesign the whole site, but this time in xhtml with css.

Wow, big job ahead of you ...
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

righteous_trespasser wrote:
lajocar wrote:

Wow, big job ahead of you ...

Yes, it will be a big job to redo not just this site, but all my sites.

8)
  • Loonm
  • Loonm

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice website, but you could make design more attractive, thats a fact :)
You could remove one adsense tower and put a square ad block (250x250) in the website body,
also you can find some 6pack products like weight loss and ab dominal weight loss on clickbank to get the best revenue from your website!
  • lajocar
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Loonm wrote:
Nice website, but you could make design more attractive, thats a fact :)
You could remove one adsense tower and put a square ad block (250x250) in the website body,
also you can find some 6pack products like weight loss and ab dominal weight loss on clickbank to get the best revenue from your website!

Thanks Loonm,

I have someone that is going to redesign the look of the site for me.

I will try your idea of adding a (250x250) ad block.

I will add some more clickbank products as soon as I buy my link cloaking software.

8)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers