SITE REVIEW: www.995sunglasses.com

• 995sunglasses
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello, I am requesting a website review for my new shopping site http://www.995sunglasses.com/.

I used to run a landing page but took it out because my seo guy told me it was a good idea, but then I have other seo people telling me to keep it.

Here is a link to my old landing page:

http://www.995sunglasses.com/landingpage.html

Should I keep it or leave it out?
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• octavian
  • octavian

Post 3+ Months Ago

Strictly from a functionality perspective - keep it.
  • 995sunglasses

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, everyone tells me to keep it, so I'm going to leave it down just for this month of March to see what happens with my bounce rate which is currently I think about 71%.
  • SpiderZ
  • Born
  • Born
  • SpiderZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh wao u started ur online shopping business...so how many payment options do u support? incl. alertpay?
  • 995sunglasses

Post 3+ Months Ago

SpiderZ wrote:
oh wao u started ur online shopping business...so how many payment options do u support? incl. alertpay?

We support Alertpay, Google Checkout, and any Major Credit Cards. (no paypal).

If your paying with Alertpay and do not see a Alertpay payment button in the item description on our site, please request that it be added. We are still working on Alertpay integration on all items.
  • Phoenix_Sky
  • Loc: Western Cape, South Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi there

I reviewed your website and my first impression was that the site was well layed-out, easy navigation and soft on the eye. This can not be said for many on-line store with items as vast as what your company sells.

As for your question about keeping or dumping the landing page; I would suggest to keep it as it draws in a younger, hip crowd (younger generation) with the layout out content - perhaps just put a linkable button to your new site also.

Traffic is always good and the more you advertise the more is your selling potential.

Yours in Design
Phoenix Sky Designs
  • sfhdweb3
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • sfhdweb3

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your website took a while to load - I'd recommend working on database optimization.

Design-wise I like the simplicity of everything, and the colors work well, but I feel you should add a bit more style to your logo - plain text is not flattering.
  • khbasha
  • khbasha

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I saw your website looks good,since you are talking about SEO I would suggest you to give alt tags & title tags for images & for the links which helps you a lot in SEO.

Also make sure the page titles are given properly I see the page title in Testimonial, About, shopping cart, etc.. are not proper, please rectify those.

In the catalog page the center content with links are not aligned properly use left align so that it looks good & in a proper manner.

In sitemap the arrows which is used a bullet for the links are not aligned properly to the text with the links. The Friends sub pages are not indented properly, please make sure it is indented. To indented the sub pages separate ul li tags should be used to get indented.

Go to Advanced Search and see the tab "Products found: 0Advanced search" where the UI is totally broken make sure you use fluid width every where in order to use it globally, also the text box are sticked there is no space in between each text boxes.

Background color I see you have used an image but the color is given as white in the CSS, please correct this one also.

please give border="0" for twitter & facebook image in the left bottom of the page, to avoid the blue border as default if incase you require a blue border use the website "995sunglasses.com" blue.

In the right hand side Enter email Text box don't enter any email address in it and click on the arrow icon to submit the email. I see a message "The e-mail address in the E-mail field is invalid.
The E-mail field is mandatory." The E-mail field is mandatory can be removed because you show the email is invalid it means that it has to be entered properly.

Note:-

On the whole I see the website is not quality assured, please make sure the QA is done alone the usability testing since it is a shopping cart website.

If any queries, please contact me.
  • samuelsun
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • samuelsun
  • Loc: Elka Park, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, this site is purely E-commerce ..
  • WritingBadCode
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

samuelsun wrote:
Hi, this site is purely E-commerce ..

So?

----

My reflections:

The glasses looks nice and the prices seems fine, I would probably be interested in buying a few pairs if you were located in Sweden. Also I like the landing-page a lot more than I like the page that is shown now. The site overall feels a bit badly organized and cluttered with a bunch of junk I rather not see and don't need as a visitor ("Tag Cloud" for instance).

I would personally remove some of the boxes/junk and focus on presenting what users are really interested in, security and the product(s) + design. You can still have a SEO friendly page I think.

Also the SSL certificate is wrong/badly implemented so the site only gets partially encrypted (at least where I checked), people most likely don't notice but I thought it was worth pointing it out.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers