SITE REVIEW: www.advantagecroatia.com

• sammahoney
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: divinemonkey.co.uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi All

I've recently revamped my entire website. The old version used frames, so I wanted this new one to be more SEO friendly.

I'd appreciate any feedback - I'm currently trying to iron out a few Firefox viewing problems - I developed it for Internet Explorer as according to my web stats over 90% of my viewers use IE.

I'm interested in how it would appear to the search engines as well as potential clients, so any feedback very much appreciated.

www.advantagecroatia.com

Sam
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The W3C Validator found 79 errors in your coding ... you can click here to see them ...

Please won't you then disable the link of the page that a user is on, for example if a user is on the "tourism" page, you could disable the "tourism" link so that a user doesn't redirect to the page that he/she is on ...

Maybe on the "news" page you could add some rollovers to the articles aswell ... Same with all the links in the "body" of each page ...

On the "FAQ" page you could add a little minus (-) sign for the content that has been expanded, because the plus(+) is there, and then it just disappears when the content is expanded ... Same with the "Links" page ...

Also on the "Links" page you could add the content in two columns like on the "tourism" page ... instead of just one column ...

On the "contact" page, you may want to validate the contact-form before sending it ... it seems to just send empty messages aswell ...

You probably already know about the shadows on either side of the content not lining up perfectly with each other (the lines) ... just mentioning it again ...
  • Nebojsa Stanojevic
  • Loc: Around The World

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
I am using Firefox and didn't experience any problem viewing your site.
BTW, I am from Tuzla BiH, and currently sailing around the world, at the moment I am in Costa Rica. It's nice to see professionally done site about Croatia, as my sister was looking for something like this 2 years ago.
  • sammahoney
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: divinemonkey.co.uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey Nebojsa - my next project is BiH real estate - currently making a few deals in Mostar to get some property so hopefully it'll work out. Hope it's nice in Costa Rica?

And Righteous, how will those errors affect my site? I tried fixing them but they just create different errors instead, and some of them aren't errors as far as I can see, such as...

Warning Line 158 column 45: cannot generate system identifier for general entity "lfield2_max"

...which is a link through the search function to open certain properties on a page. The 'lfield' fields are filled by the listing software I use.
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Out of many of the sites I have seen in this forum...this one is very good. The colors and design are excellent. Very smooth design with great simplicity. The only problem I see is with Fx...about 20px to the left, bottom, and right of the content you can see where the bg-images don't match up with the
content-side shadows.

Very nice...good work.

//Edit: But make sure that you see to those errors.
  • Nebojsa Stanojevic
  • Loc: Around The World

Post 3+ Months Ago

I sent you PM, I hope you get it. I dont have it in my sent box....
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Validation to me is a certainty that the site will display the same in all browsers, and that search engine spiders will get to everything in the site, for instance, if there is a missing closing tag somewhere, the browsers may fix that for you, but the spiders won't they'll just stop there, or won't know what's going on ...
  • kaoskorruption
  • kaoskorruption

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey,

That's a bit much green. Maybe replace some green area with blue or something?

Otherwise it looks nice and professional.
  • montyt
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

over all site is good.
At the home page flash should had to be more attractive.

at the gallery page u can add xml+flash gallery

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers