SITE REVIEW: www.agreataffiliate.com

• infoscripts
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I've just created a new website called http://www.agreataffiliate.com
Could you give me some feedback on the layout, design, colors and time loading. Thanks very much!
(don't hesitate to submit your affiliate program for free as well :) )
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

A good design, I think. I am a fan of soft edges myself. Nice colours. Blue and yellow go well together.

I am on 56k and its pretty good for load time. I would suggest adding sizes for all the images on the left menu and in the search bar to keep things in place while the page loads. The search bar is smaller than the menu for a small portion of the load-time.

An awful lot of ads on the page. Many of them, particularily at the bottom, are not incorporated well into the design.

I just noticed the little browser-icon for your site. Not sure whether its a ring or a can of tuna, or what either of those has to do with your site. Maybe just the letter 'A' like you have in your logo would be better for this.

In your introduction you say 'Welcome to the aGreatAffiliate.com web site'. This seems a bit long, and can easily be shortened to 'Welcome to aGreatAffiliate.com'. Also, what might be nice to add is why human-edited is so good(avoids spam, opinions listened to more). There are thousands of affiliate programs out there, so you need to make your stand out and be remembered.

The following pictures did not load on your front page:
http://www.agreataffiliate.com/images/search.gif
http://www.is1.clixgalore.com/cgd.aspx? ... &AdID=5459

Disappointed there's no non-gambling games section to choose from. And shouldn't you have an affiliates section yourself?

Also the link on the menu that goes to 'Top Rated' says 'Top Rates'.

Wish you luck. I will add myself, although I dont know if a Link Exchange counts as an Affiliate Program. If it doesn't, I think it would be a good idea to expand the site to include Link Exchanges.
  • infoscripts
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Ireland

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks very much for that very long review!
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

I wish very much people would give my site long reviews in return.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Azoundria wrote:
I wish very much people would give my site long reviews in return.

Dude, you have 13 pages of comments. How much more literature do you need to read about your site? :shock:
  • Azoundria
  • Professor
  • Professor

Post 3+ Months Ago

98% of the reviews aren't relevant to my site anymore. You must remember how it was when I first put it up for review. A site in a frameset just graduating from Geocities to DotCom. Over time I have gotten lots of reviews and they have been taken into consideration and my site changed based on them. Once this is done they serve little purpose but to look back at them and say 'Yeah I remember how horrible or silly that was'.

My site still only gets on average 25 visitors daily, a long way from where I hope and I am constantly trying to figure out what the super-popular sites have that I don't and why my site never seems to catch on to anything big. If there was a way to read visitors minds I could figure it out but even the best traffic analysis gets me nothing but random numbers that do not really change based on what I do to the site. I can see how far a person goes in the site but I can't see if they're saying to their friends "Oh look at this horrible site someone built" or "Hey cool come look at this" or just saying to themselves "Thats neat but theres nothing worth mentioning here".

I'm sorry if it seems I'm expecting too much but the site given me great reviews in the past and I still hope for them.
  • kingrye
  • kingrye

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think i would like your site if instead of having a ton of information on one page. You had more pages with less info.
  • cjxxi
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • cjxxi
  • Loc: Fort Worth, TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

Azoundria wrote:
My site still only gets on average 25 visitors daily, a long way from where I hope and I am constantly trying to figure out what the super-popular sites have that I don't

advertaiment :?:
  • pspdownloads
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • pspdownloads

Post 3+ Months Ago

your site design is clean and good.
it is loading fast
and overall it is almost perfect in most aspects.
i dont understand why there is lot of empty space at the bottom.
  • mabdr2
  • Student
  • Student
  • mabdr2

Post 3+ Months Ago

what is the purpose of your site?

that should be clearly defined on your site...and how do you want people to find you in terms of key search terms?

you should also start linking to other sites so that you can get properly indexed by search engines
  • VP-Kaumil
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • VP-Kaumil
  • Loc: Toronto

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nicely put together! I don't think I would change it.
  • NetzzJD
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • NetzzJD
  • Loc: Texas, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the colors/layout of the site. It looks very professional. It is also very balanced on the page. The sort/search results pages are displayed nicely. Like that you can review and rate the different sites. The pages do seem to load a little slow for me(cable modem), but just the left and right side naviagtion/ads.
  • Ganceann
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Ganceann

Post 3+ Months Ago

Infoscripts,

The only thing I would add is an About page on the top navigation links.

The About page would state the aim / purpose of the site that someone else has already mentioned is missing or not clearly/quickly located.

I would suggest something along the lines of having 2 main groups that you are aiming for along with the mission statement.

Group1: Affiliate Managers / Owners:

This group would list their affiliate programmes and the benefit would be greater exposure to those interested in working with affiliate programmes.

Group2: Reviewers

This group should be encouraged to report all positive and negative feedback on any Affiliate programme used.

Everyone , well almost everyone, on the internet is generally aiming to make money and so the reviewer group ( general surfers and individuals etc) should be encouraged to review any and all affiliate programmes they have tried that are listed. This will serve to help everyone interested in affiliate marketing systems.

The main focus to drive the content is gaining more reviews and having more affiliate programmes available.... perhaps as well as having a top listing to have a Cautious listing - effectively affiliate programmes that have no feedback or an average feedback of 1 or lower ( This will, in my opinion, help your site become more attractive to all genuine Affiliate marketeers and will ensure that any rogues are caught out by having low feedback) .. Possibly able to be abused although if there were some 'official affiliate reviewers' (hidden user names and chosen by you - kinda like mystery shopper idea) that were able to give a negative system rating of -1 , it would be those reviews that would appear on the caution list).

Overall the site is good and I would like to see it doing very well as at one point that was an idea I was going to try and develop, although I am not as tech savvy as many people and have 'never got round to it'. But the feedback I provided was something I was considering quite a few years ago like 6+ yrs ago ( as you can see, I never got round to it) :P... the aim of the site being a "one-stop affiliate shop".

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 13 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers