SITE REVIEW: www.artmanagementcorp.com

• RUMcajZ
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: London, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Here's new one. Very simple, contemporary... Don't blame for SEO again :) (it's Flash).

http://www.artmanagementcorp.com

I understand that there is maybe not so much to see/review but please, try it anyway ;).

Thanks.
RUM
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Forget SEO, how about accessibility? Basically you're saying that if I can't read that font at that size (and that's just for starters), I have no business viewing the web site?

Your Artists page says that their work can be viewed "in this section," but none of the names can be clicked... so how can their work be viewed?

Proper capitalisation is used throughout the site. To be consistent, the identifying labels on each section should be capitalised as well.

All the text is left justified, but on the Contact page, it seems that "E-mail" and "Web" are centred, which looks a bit odd.

Hth.
  • typhon
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Memphis, Tn

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would think that you plan on making a html version. Also I love flash, I like artsy flash sites. I dont like artsy sites that use flash just for flash-sake. If you are going to use flash make sure that the reason you are using flash is because you couldnt do what you want to with HTML/PHP/Javascript. From what I saw you could have presented the same information the same way with standard html, sure it might not of had the nice fade away/in effect but is that really necessary? Your presentation doesnt wow me. What is the ultimate goal for the site, is the content dynamic or is it all hard wired in the flash movies? If its all hard wired have you thought of having to update, having to re renderthe movie everytime something needs to change? Just some thoughts to toss your way.
  • RUMcajZ
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

justG wrote:
Forget SEO, how about accessibility? Basically you're saying that if I can't read that font at that size (and that's just for starters), I have no business viewing the web site?

Your Artists page says that their work can be viewed "in this section," but none of the names can be clicked... so how can their work be viewed?

Proper capitalisation is used throughout the site. To be consistent, the identifying labels on each section should be capitalised as well.

All the text is left justified, but on the Contact page, it seems that "E-mail" and "Web" are centred, which looks a bit odd.

Hth.

Hi.

1. I made the font on every page slightly bigger...although it looks very readable here.
2. Info about artists is coming in next few days. I took that note out until we will put the rest on website.
3. capitalization - I don't think we always have to do everything same, navigation is different from the static content so I want people can realise that and identify what is navigation and what is static.
4. left justified - true. it wasnt so smart to put everuthing left and make these two centered.

Thanks for contribution :)

RUM
  • RUMcajZ
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Updated page with artists
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

This may sound a little harsh but design work for an arts group needs to have a very strong visual presentation.

This site feels like the presentation was an after thought. If your going to present an all type site (I know there are images in the gallery but the first 3 screens you see are all type) you should spend time refining the typography. Have a reason for the font you use. Create hierarchy with a difference in size, serif/sanserif, color, etc. Use a strong layout grid. In other words don't just make the type legible, make it something I WANT to read.

I'm not saying the site is not well built, or hard to use. However, I don't think your presentation lives up to the expectation created by your subject matter.
  • Dughy
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Romania/Galati

Post 3+ Months Ago

Do something with u'r layout.. make it animate in resizeing and stuff... make the visitatir say WOW

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers