SITE REVIEW: www.artviper.de

• ecuador
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Germany

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi again,

and another attempt to gather some opinions about a site :) - feel free to post whatever you think of it. Check here

thanks[/url]
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: In the Great White North

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad. Its nice and clean, easy to navigate and it validates quite nicely.

However, it feels a lot like a template. While there's nothing wrong with that, its always a shame to see a portfolio site made from a template. (Makes me wonder if the portfolio owner can do what they say they're capable of doing). If this isn't a template (or a modified one) I apologize. Just seems like most templates have a similar style now days.

From a design point of view, it would be wise to flip the LCD monitor image along the vertical axis so that it faces into the page instead of away. As it is, the image draws your eye away from the important content. As a rule its wise to face strong directional pointer elements (human faces, arrows, guns, tvs/monitors, to name a few) toward the content.
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Good site. That's all of what I can say :)
  • jerrygad
  • jerrygad

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the way you design your website. The color combination is cool. Simple but informative. I just don't like the font size, too small for my eyes, but that's just me. Anyhow, well done and keep it up :)
  • SergeF
  • Born
  • Born

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pretty good site. I have always liked sites that use minimal color combination and have the feeling of respect to webmasters for understading that some colors can be really eyes-hurtful so they use nice and soft colors like on your site, ecuador.
Since i'm total zero in german language, i had some difficulties while browsing your site, sorry... I think the site provides some kind of design services, so to be honest i have expected to see prices or money signs like euro or us dollars signs - $.... anyway, the site is really nice, good luck.
  • ecuador
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks all for your comments. Indeed this is NO template, I just made it to look like one. All of our sites are handcrafted, we don't use templates for any of our projects.

For all the other information you have provided - I will have a look into it.

Concerning prices what our services cost - we can't publish them, as they differ mostly due to the fact not every project is the same :)

cheers
Frank
  • howtogetrich
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • howtogetrich

Post 3+ Months Ago

not bad, i like the dhtml menu if that is dhtml, like the colors but to scattered of a website, over all its not bad good job
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey ecuador like I said, I'm still a fan of the site. Looking back at the site I think its the large power button in the header that makes me think template automatically. Is that part of your logo or just a design element you can up with?

Overall though I have to say that I'm a much bigger fan of the header on the site linked to your profile. Its clean, well balanced and gives the viewer an instant impression of what you do. My $0.02: I'd keep the reflected site windows and figure out how to add that to the nav you have on this site...
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

If you don't mind me asking, which font did you use for your design? ... Another thing ... Is "Sample Sites" german?
then this image seems to be missing aswell ... Image
  • ecuador
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

@ graphixboy:

thanks for the comment - the button is just a design element, as we do not use a logo ( except the lyrics ) for our sites. An interesting idea, moving the menu to the .eu page -> will think of it :)

@righteous:

Strange, the images are working for me ( autogenerated with our free website thumbnailer ;) ) - the font is utilizing verdana, then arial if you dont have that. 11.3333px spacing 18px. And no, "Sample Sites" is not german, but the german language is infiltrated by loads of english phrases, so it's common to use that.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Another thing I just saw is that on those drop down information links on your home page "website check - Gratis!" etc, the mouse cursor only changes once i've clicked on one of them and not immediately after the page is loaded
  • ecuador
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

True,

I could add this pointer type to it right away, but the effect you mention is caused by mootools, as the effect gets fired only when you click on such a thing the first time. To be disregarded I guess.
  • graphixboy
  • Control + Z
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

Or move the header image from the .eu site to the .de site :-) I'm a huge fan of the rest of the site. The header just doesn't seem as complete as it could be...
  • tempo
  • Born
  • Born
  • tempo

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice Template other than that sice it is non - english website I cannot read.
  • fulload
  • Loc: Isle of Wight, Virginia

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello:
I agree with several of the comments made...
Overall and generally, the site is nice to look at.
But for some reason, it does have that right-out-of-the-box feel. The context fonts are a bit small for me, as well. My DaD... Well I know he would be unable to view the context, even if he could still read German...

I do like the choice of colors, very pleasant and soothing, and the header graphic is very nice, as well.

Kudos.
g
  • adze
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • adze

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, like the site, it has a very clean feel to it!
  • fulload

Post 3+ Months Ago

Adze...
Thanks for taking a moment to look and reply...
Clean is what he was looking for...
Now to figure out what's wrong with the submit form...

Thanks again,
g
  • fulload

Post 3+ Months Ago

Think I replied to the wrong thread... Sorry.
g

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers