SITE REVIEW: www.atlascosmos.com

• apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Loc: George Mason University

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi I have made this website http://www.atlascosmos.com but I have not dedicated the site to a "topic" yet. I'm basically stumped on what the site should be about. Do you like the layout? Please give me ideas for the main topic of the site. Thanks in advaced.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Everything there has potential except for that logo...the curves are way too pixelated to keep the professional look the site has the capability of expressing.
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex
  • Loc: Ohio

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout looks really good, I like it and its clean, but that logo must go... It takes away from the look of the clean layout. But I like the design, good job
Vortex
  • vpar2
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • vpar2
  • Loc: Rockville MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

Its nice, but maybe try using buttons(images) instead of text links on the left. Also make some kind of banner that takes up all or most of the top space. Aside from that, it should be a good site once you get some content in.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for all the replies guys. Yeah Im actually waiting until I get back to my moms (Monday) so I have access to photoshop. LOL, the banner is kinda my joke until then. My problem is I'm not sure what the content should be about......but I'm glad you guys like the clean look like I do :)
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh yeah....the buttons for links in the navi is a good idea. But once again I'm waiting until Monday to have access to dreamweaver.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.atlascosmos.com
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

reviews reviews reviews
  • Mars
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Flordia

Post 3+ Months Ago

The first thing that i notice is that the white corners on your nav links look very tacky. The header needs work it is all faded, but i think that the main problem is that when i go to this site and look at the home page i have no clue what this site is about. What is the main idea? besides the nav bar all i see is Welcome to my site. Thats a no-no, your home page should be very descriptive and portray what your site is about, you should do this for many reasons 1) so users know what your site is about and do not leave right away 2) It helps our SEO because your Home Page is the first thing indexed. I can tell your site must be very new because none of you links work.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well Mars, you should have read the first topic I posted about 3 or 4 topics down. I have no clue what the main idea of the site is going to be yet. I have no access to a image editor except the highly coveted windows paint program, lol. But all I wanted was the basic layout critque. Im changing the navi buttons and logo on monday (thank god) and hopefully I will also have the theme of the site decided by then. But thanks for the reply.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Okay....I changed alot of things so you should check it out and tell me what you think.
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks like you got a pretty cool site here but I think you can take out the extra lines between your content and the copyright notice. Your site loads quite quickly and I like that though a cool font would make it more fun to read. Try Beanie or Viner Hand TC for you content text and make it blue like your header. Looks like you're off to a great start!
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,
I was looking at the web site again,
The buttons just don't do it for me, looks like they are pre-made because I see that instead of making the button longer to take on the text you made the font smaller.
I think the design is clean its all about the content now !! Keep working on it. good job!!
vortex
  • edawg
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice effort!!!, nice lay-out, easy to read too , obviously needs more content , but at least you have the basis for a good site to build on!!!. and everyone hates the "currently under construction" word!!! :D . good job tho :D
  • mic check
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mic check
  • Loc: US

Post 3+ Months Ago

Needs updates for unfinished links but Im sure you know that. Pretty Sweet Site
  • Blotch
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Blotch

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with vortex that rather than decrease the text size, you should increase the size of all the buttons. And I'm not really liking the border around the buttons, you may want to stick border="0" on them.

Other than that, things are looking good. Best of luck to ya.
  • SB_GEMINI
  • Born
  • Born
  • SB_GEMINI

Post 3+ Months Ago

some work on the logo would really help things, keep going with it :D
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for all the replies guys! I definately am working on the navi buttons right now. And I would like to know a good font for my content text? I tried beanie and viner hand tc as farmer_tom suggested but they didnt work. So thanks in advanced guys!
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for all the kind words guys! The logo is currently underconstruction(everyone loves those words) and will be awsome! Content is starting to get there and is growing more and more everyday!
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

The logo is up if you want to check it out and tell me how you like it....
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.atlascosmos.com has my new banner. How do you like it? Also what do you think of the site? Its new and not alot of content? All comments welcomed. Thanks all. :D
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

I rated the previous version of your site and must say this one is a lot better. Logo design is more innovative and the navigation bar animation is interesting (but use gold instead of a green flash to go with the color scheme). I think a burgandy font would be best and a consistent font throughout the site. Lastly, remove the green background from your 'rants' content, the story itself is good enough. Nice work, Atlas!
  • vortex
  • Student
  • Student
  • vortex

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it, simple and clean. you did a really good job,
I would work on the fonts a bit but othere then that it looks good.
Keep it up
  • gonzoka
  • Student
  • Student
  • gonzoka
  • Loc: Bristol, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think farmer tom is right - the 'link blue' text takes so much away from your banner and menus, which are extremely good. Burgungy may be a good plan, but any mellow colour that doesnt distract too much'd be good.

Apart from that, nice site!!!
  • hasnatme
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Dhaka, Bangladesh.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well I check your site....you have to use similiar color shade to make the site looks more attractive and try to avoid the default buttons from dreamweaver and ofcourse you should play with photoshop for your future improvements..and I suggest you to visit some of photoshop tutorial website to make better graphics if you have the time.

for reference http://www.phong.com/ check this site and follow their affiliation links too....hope it will help you to make better graphic.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for all the replies guys, yea the fonts definately need some work
ill think about those later, i gotta go to school now :(
  • 21traffic.com
  • 21traffic.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would try and organize it say a certain stlye or color scheme becuase none of it matches.
  • apsblackbelt2
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • apsblackbelt2

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah Im basically testing out a bunch of looks, I need to pick the best look. Hopefully soon!
  • crystalized
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout is nice, but I don't like the font. Comic MS just doesn't do it for me. Neither does the blue.
  • Mars
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Flordia

Post 3+ Months Ago

You prob. already know that your counter is not accurate, I refeshed 3 times and got it encremented 3 times. I hope you don't use this for a accurate measure of how many people have gone to your site... it looks cool though.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 34 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers