SITE REVIEW: www.aypex.co.uk

• phazedout
  • phazedout
  • Loc: Swansea, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Finally, managed to get my first ever website up.
Its written by me, an engineer! I've tried bolting things in I think!
Any and all (constructve) critisism is welcome.

http://www.aypex.co.uk
  • twocent
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • twocent

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks pretty good. Nice point to really get going with web design. Two suggestions I would make is to remove the lines (looks like really really small text) below your nav bar headings. Also I would recommend removing the arrows...they look like there should be a drop down menu there.
  • phazedout
  • phazedout

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for that.
Originally I was going to have a flash nav bar, the arrows are a "leftover" from that. I chickened out of the flash!
  • twocent
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • twocent

Post 3+ Months Ago

Flash used sparingly is good. When it gets to be too much...it takes a long time to render. Because of this I have never properly learned it myself! haha.
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

For your first website it looks awesome. I can tell you used a template, and that's slick! Let someone else do the graphics and color scheme and you can bank on it.

I would changte the colors of the Google ad to really stand out. You have the default colors, but if change the colors, dont make it blend in, make it really stand out.
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think maybe some rollovers in your nav-bar would make quite a big difference ...

On the "Data" page there is a huge gap between the body content and the footer of the page ... You may just want to shrink that ... Also on that same page, there are two images on the left hand side, which feel like they are just pasted in there without a real reason, Is there a way you can make them more part of the page?
  • phazedout
  • phazedout

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks camperjohn and righteous_trespasser.

I agree, I'm still looking for the right images. Amazingly, the guys who are on the bench dont want their pictures on the website. I'm looking for images with people, who wants to see equipment all the time?

I did't realise the gap, thanks. I'm just filling this with usefull content and getting some backlinks via exchange. I'll be changing this page name to reference soon, data sounds too much like "The next generation"
  • righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

For good stock images check out http://www.sxc.hu

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers