SITE REVIEW: www.biomedresearches.com

• almajdal
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • almajdal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi All,

Once again I'm requesting experts in this forum to review my site, earlier i posted a similar request for review, and some has kindly replied with good advices, where i worked on and i switched the designing program to Dreamweaver 8. currently I'm building the first page of the site, and I'm posting it here for your kind review and advices.

This site is made fully of layers?, Am I right on this?

My web site address is:

http://www.biomedresearches.com/new/index.html

Thanks and best regards

Almajdal
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

First of all you need to add a title to the website. The title is important for search engines, google in particular.

I'm not particularly fond of the dotted background ... that would better suit a website about engineering or design or something.

The header needs a bit more oomph than a few images on a white background. I don't see the relevancy of that green image below 'Middle East Medical Information Center', because it looks like the land of the US of A.

I've made another header for some obscure reason:

If you want the .psd file pm me.

I think you should try making your own navigation bars, it's much better that way. Just a simple one with css will do.

Also, stick with two or three theme colours. I suggest maroon and grey, seeing as they're the most used on your site and they go well together. Try avoid using excessive amounts of colours other than that.

The box titled 'How to get your medical site accredited' looks very out of place. Try improving the aesthetics of it or move it to the left with the other boxes.

I also don't see the point of having the google search on the website. It too looks out of place with the yellow colour.

For that amount of css you should really be looking at using an external style sheet.

I'd advise against using a mixture of tables and divs, use just one; I recommend you use divs.

You have a whopping 122 errors in your html. Click here to see them.
  • almajdal
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • almajdal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear Breeze,

Thanks alot for the prompt response and valuable advices, it is very helpful and constructive. thanks again for the banner which you've suggestd, it looks good, I will first try to modify mine, otherwise I will request kindly yours.
I will remove the dotted background and validate the page and hopefully in the near future i will take your valuable review.

there are some changes which i have done right now, i will upload it, so others can see the changes once they review the site.

Thanks and best regards

Almajdal
  • jnrcorps
  • jnrcorps

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi i would agree with Breeze in some aspects, as when i went to your home page i expected to see just a little... i did like the banner that breeze made .
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. I suggest you change the banner to the one that Breeze has kindly made for you, It looks a lot better.

2. The main page is so dull, You really need to choose a new colour scheme and add some more intresting content to it.

3. None of your links at the top of the page are working for me.
  • almajdal
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • almajdal

Post 3+ Months Ago

Dear all,

Thanks for the advices, i will work on it to improve the design as you all have suggested.
i agree with you, Breeze is the expert, and i do appreciate his innitiative.
The page i loaded is a test one, thats why the links did not work.

Again thanks alot for reviewing my site.

Almajdal

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers