SITE REVIEW: www.bluerincon.com

• peterrod
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Greetings All,

Please take a moment to review my site and offer your candid, albeit constructive criticism. This site is just about to go live, so I would like to work out the remaining kinks:

http://www.bluerincon.com/

Thanks in advance,

Peter
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• d_attitude
  • d_attitude

Post 3+ Months Ago

its toooooooo blue ............
get rid of that royal blue background. try a smoother colour. its too sharp to the eyes and very very uncomfortable.

also the main menu buttons could be center aligned as it is almost covering the width of the site anyways.

infect i would say i quite liked the following link on the site.
http://www.bluerincon.com/cart/index.php it looks neat and even the colours are not too sharp to hit the eyes.

try have a little milder colours, otherwise users cant stay on the site more. its not comfortable.

Regards ... and all the best.
  • SB
  • Genius
  • Loc: Aberdeen, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I actually think your blue works well on this site.

One thing i suggest you do is look at the images you have enlarged when you do the mouseover. What you find in Firefox is the image enlarges at the top of the screen which means if you want to click on the top image of both sides it won't enlarge unless you come from the top down. In IE you have it so when you enlarge it just enlarges over the top of the image that is already there.

Personally speaking, i would just disable the enlarge mouseover because i don't think it does anything to the site other than add that little bit of tackyness.

How do you expect people to get back to your index page after they have visited your "beach" page? I am one person that likes to head back to the beginning without having to click on the back button constantly. This can be a pain especially if you have been visiting many other pages in different orders during your visit of the site.

Another little thing i would seriously consider working on is a new banner. Perhaps you might look into making it appear less bland? or indeed make it so that it fits in with the site a bit more with the colours?
  • peterrod
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:

get rid of that royal blue background. try a smoother colour. its too sharp to the eyes and very very uncomfortable.

The royal blue was a bit intense, so I replaced it with a milder shade...hope it meets with the general public's approval. Thanks for your suggestion.
  • d_attitude
  • d_attitude

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, now this is much smoother,
but i think, there is a problem in your gif animation.
1. its too slow and looks like stop motion.
2. the background colour of your gif and the page does not match.

and if its not offensive, could you change the multi colour of puerto rico? well just a suggestion.

Regards.
  • peterrod
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

SB wrote:
I actually think your blue works well on this site.

One thing i suggest you do is look at the images you have enlarged when you do the mouseover. What you find in Firefox is the image enlarges at the top of the screen which means if you want to click on the top image of both sides it won't enlarge unless you come from the top down. In IE you have it so when you enlarge it just enlarges over the top of the image that is already there.

Personally speaking, i would just disable the enlarge mouseover because i don't think it does anything to the site other than add that little bit of tackyness.

How do you expect people to get back to your index page after they have visited your "beach" page? I am one person that likes to head back to the beginning without having to click on the back button constantly. This can be a pain especially if you have been visiting many other pages in different orders during your visit of the site.

Another little thing i would seriously consider working on is a new banner. Perhaps you might look into making it appear less bland? or indeed make it so that it fits in with the site a bit more with the colours?

Regarding the image mouseover affect, I’ve been aware of the layout differences between browsers since I design with several browsers (Opera, FF and IE) in mind. Anyway, I took your suggestions to heart and have made the appropriate changes. Thanks
  • solaris
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: NC

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just a side note, about the right click disable. If this was requested as a feature of the site, or one of your personal additions. This would serve more as a nuisance than a protective measure. Try holding the right mouse button, clicking the dialog box that pops up, and then releasing afterwards. Doesn't seem very secure after all.

As far as functionality goes, I got confused when I clicked a navigation button, and it sent me to an entirely different site, one that (I guess) didn't link back to any of the pages on your site. This was agitating, because it was the first button I looked at, and didn't get the chance to see the rest of your site.

I am not extremely fond of the yellow over purple color scheme, but at second glance, it vaguely fits the theme, so no major quarrels about that.

It serves its purpose, which is usually something that is oftentimes lost in most sites.
  • gnatik
  • gnatik
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very blue backgroud, which is not a worry unless you use yellow topic headings in a very unique font style, which makes it very hard to read.

I like that the photos pop-up automatically, but sometimes makes it frustrating if you are actually aiming on pressing a button on the header menu.

Also Alt+Tab brings out a message saying that I have no permission to press this key; probably should take that out as many people use Alt+Tab to move between windows.

You also have overflow errors.
  • peterrod
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

gnatik wrote:
Very blue backgroud, which is not a worry unless you use yellow topic headings in a very unique font style, which makes it very hard to read.

I like that the photos pop-up automatically, but sometimes makes it frustrating if you are actually aiming on pressing a button on the header menu.

Also Alt+Tab brings out a message saying that I have no permission to press this key; probably should take that out as many people use Alt+Tab to move between windows.

You also have overflow errors.

Thank you for your comments. I made changes to the navigation, as far as the font type and eliminated the blue background; however, I'm not completely satisfied with the font I've chosen - but it will have to do for now.

I also disabled that pesky javascript, so now everyone can alt+tab or right-mouse-click to their hearts content and not worry about a pop-up that tells them they don't have permission.

I have a new banner and have made other, minor changes. Overall I'm satisfied with the changes I've made, thanks to the helpful suggestions provided by this forum's members.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 9 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers