SITE REVIEW: www.bobbidy.co.uk

• gonzoka
  • Student
  • Student
  • gonzoka
  • Loc: Bristol, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi all,

Just finished redesigning my site. It hasnt got much content in yet, and the forum is in pieces, but any feedback would be great!

http://www.bobbidy.co.uk

Gonz
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Ortin
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice simple site :lol:
  • ka05
  • ka05

Post 3+ Months Ago

Simple design, good layout.

I don't really like the colour scheme tho, try using harmonious colours ( have a look at hypergurl.net/colormatch.php ).

Also, for websites, I recommend using sans-serif fonts. They are a lot easier on the eyes.
  • daremedy
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • daremedy

Post 3+ Months Ago

There's nothing more satisfying than W3C validated code. Good job on that. The layout looks good, as everyone pointed out, simple. You'll have to bring out more color though, you've got too much of a white/plain look going on. Try and add more images to put a bit of contrast. You also havent quite established what your site is about. An "about" page or something along those lines would serve you well. On your contact page, the W3C XHTML image has a bulky border around it, get rid of that. With a little more color, your site should look pretty good. Great job with it.
  • gonzoka
  • Student
  • Student
  • gonzoka

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks peeps, I'll get on with improving and adding to it :)

Thats a nice colour site ka05, thanks for the feedback all! :D
  • pclovers
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Nagpur, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice work.
You can spice your website with some picture related to fantasy books. Many mores are available on internet. Just search them and use them.
  • gonzoka
  • Student
  • Student
  • gonzoka

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice one! I just changed the colour scheme, it doesnt look quite so anaemic now!!! Taken the nasty border off the validation stuff, and gonna be adding more content and images in the next few days.

Thanks all :lol:
  • TdotsLounge
  • TdotsLounge

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey, your site is really good, browsed around for a bit and i thought it was done quite professionally. Maybe you could add your own forums that would be pretty good
  • gonzoka
  • Student
  • Student
  • gonzoka

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, the forums that its linked to I wrote myself but its not finished yet! Still got a bit more to do on that, and more content to add.

(I know there are free forums around like phpBB, but I wanna feel like I've achieved something and have my own image instead of just colour choice!)
  • cubechris
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Gloucester, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Congratulations on the validation, although Im not to keen on the graphics, and colour scheme, but hey thats all down to personal preference I guess!

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers