SITE REVIEW: www.bodydot.com/sfw

• camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: San Diego

Post 3+ Months Ago

Please review my newest Tube/Photo gallery site.

PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING LINK (safe for work):
http://www.bodydot.com/sfw

The website has an adult section to it, but by using the link above, you should only see content that is safe for work, with nothing adult. It should set a cookie on your system to know that future visits are also safe for work content only. Ads, profiles, videos and pictures should all be safe.

There is not alot of content yet, as I am building content. There are no profiles, (well, my profile, and about 200 fake ones), and there are almost no photo galleries yet. The email and blog section isn't done either. Actually there is lots that isn't done. But I would still like a decent opinion if you have the time to review it. Please try creating an account, uploading something, seeing if it works etc.

1) What features would you like in that I am missing from other photo and video sharing websites?

2) Does it look like something you would use?

3) How could I make it different than other sites? What would make it "stand out" in a way that nobody else has done?

John McCarthy
john@mccarthy.net
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned
  • Loc: Behind you !

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your main page Is not really That intresting, Perhaps think about making this stand out a little more? And those adds that you have on the right hand side on your main page take up a lot of space on that page. ( Looks horrible )

The Videos Load nice and fast which is a good thing, And other than that it looks good.
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, the main page was actually done really quickly in time for last week's conference.

I will redo it.

Acutally what am I thinking. Who would like to make the main page for me for $200?

Just HTML, I can make it dynamic.
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

$200 for just a HTML page? To be honest John the main page looks ok, It's Just those advertisements That make it look messy.

Example: Take the adds off the main page, Then add some more videos to the main page to fill some of the white space.

Move the search bar from the top right, To the center of the page. Also move the copyright 2007 bodydot.com to the bottom center ( In the white area)

That should improve the website alot, And would make the homepage more attractive, And that would not take you long to do at all.
  • camperjohn
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

You're right it won't take me long, but I am actually really interested in a professional person doing an overhaul of the page. It looks like a programmer did it, because one did.

A really good front page is important. I will change the ads, but I will still probably look for someone that can do it really well.

Did you have a look at the inside of the site? Suggestions?
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Why do all the video images look distorted on the homepage? Im talking about before you click on them. Was that something you wanted to do, Or was it a mistake, Becuase it does not look to good.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: Belgrade, Serbia

Post 3+ Months Ago

hahaha I see what you mean - it does look like a programmer did it! very clean, and essentially it's pretty - but there is no design to it whatsoever. I'd say if you're not inclined to mess with it yourself, yes, get someone to do you an actual design, that would make the site distinctive from the myriads of clones out there......
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will make a few designs for you when I get some time. But I Think you should try to do some designs also.
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

best if you two work together and throw some ideas around...........
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah That would be cool, Are you going to help to :P ?
  • celandine
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you boys find you need help......... but I'd need to know more about the theme and how camperjohn wants it to look
  • penguin
  • Flying penguins
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

Im going to try and make a light blue theme to suit the website when I get some time.
  • jnrcorps
  • jnrcorps

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the whole feel of the site the colours are great i love that tv in the header, easy to get around the website. i wouldn't change a thing look great the way it is........
  • Guy who knows things
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Guy who knows things
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yeah, definitely way too many ads. That's gonna cause some major banner blindness and you won't make much/any money from that.

Adsense is most effective when the ads are incorporated somehow into the body of the content. People don't want to feel like they're being advertised to. At least not in a very blatant way. Lose the borders and change the bgcolor and text color of the ads to match the colors of your site so it looks like part of your content.
  • peterrod
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your main page definitely needs to be revamped. But you don't need to pay someone $200 to do so. In fact, you already have a main page...it's your "Browse Galleries" page! It's nearly perfect; the center of the page is filled up nicely and the ads are taking up half the space over the ads on your main page. From a visual standpoint, it's more effective.

Here's what I would suggest: Make your "Browse Galleries" page your main page. Don't change the dimensions of your ads as they appear on the "browse galleries" page. The colors appear to be a bit drab; I would suggest experimenting with different colors, particularly at the top. Maybe have a white background for the center where you have the vids displayed?
  • c0mrade
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • c0mrade

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the design, maybe just change the color scheme.

There is enough white space to support strong, vibrant color where there is color. A lot of contrast will make the site stand out a lot more.

The site loads fast, (with the videos) and is clean.

Navigation was not so good though. It took me a while to see the links in the header to the right. Maybe make them bigger and move them to the left?

Nice site though.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers