SITE REVIEW: www.button-gallery.com

• stuffski
  • Born
  • Born
  • stuffski

Post 3+ Months Ago

What does everyone think about this site?

http://www.button-gallery.com/about.shtml

Counter to comments I've had, the idea here is not to spam, nor is it to make millions. The idea is to see whether you can make art from random advertising.

Feel free to add a button.

All comments welcome.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, personally it still doesn't look much like a request for a review, however since you made the effort to make three reviews of other sites, here goes.

You're in the wrong line of business or you simply need more practice. There are 13 to 18 year old kids here that have designed far more professional looking sites.

Don't expect to make much money off of that one. Either learn the trade, or find another one.

Sorry if that sounds too much like Simon from American Idol, but that was the first thought that came to mind.

Edit// -- as an example here is one that comes to mind very quickly from (What are you now Nucleo? 17?)
http://www.nucleo.co.uk/

He will be making some serious money while you are still only dreaming about it.
  • mr_darek
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:

You're in the wrong line of business or you simply need more practice.

Don't expect to make much money off of that one. Either learn the trade, or find another one.

I agree, the site design is so primitive and basic you establish no trust to the user experience to have a user conduct any kind of business with you. If I was ever directed here I would think this is some kind of sham or spoof.

I can't believe the black boxes with blue outlines are intentional....

Start from square one, but this time conduct some research.

research your target market - what kind of site would a person looking to be in your line of business would want to see?

Research web design as a visual experience as well as functional - look at other websites and weight out their pros and cons. See what you like and don't like.

Come back to the drawing board with a better perspective and a fresh outlook...
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

OK, apologies if this is too blunt, I had 8 beers by now and I still need to finish that Flash script for a client of mine... :(

But, dude, that page really sucks! And here is why:

1) Is it a GALLERY or a GALLEY? At least that's what it says on the page? Where are the cooks, if so???
2) Since when is mini-advertising an art?
3) At the bottom of the page, could you have a form instead of a simple email when I click on "contact"?
4) The VERY FIRST button (upper left corner) is a broken link... Nice start, mate!
5) No creativity with tables, fonts and whatsoever... At least you could use some <style=> for the fonts...

Anyway...
Keep it up, you never know. Frank Sinatra was the worst singer in his class in Junior High...
  • alerik
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: People Republic of China

Post 3+ Months Ago

[I checked your site but i think you have to redesign it a little to attract more visiters because it is a little messy.. Try to center the site in the middle and use some design skills to make all the Adds look the same size..

you can make the text nicer by getting a nicer font. This one is very boring and there is a lot of potential for the side by changing some things.

I think that by rethinking the whole concept there is a bigger chance that people will using your service.

Stay positive and THINK BIG.
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

This site reminds me of 1995....
  • SSH-Raj
  • Expert
  • Expert

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Edit// -- as an example here is one that comes to mind very quickly from (What are you now Nucleo? 17?)
http://www.nucleo.co.uk/

He will be making some serious money while you are still only dreaming about it.

lol yeah! i know a bunch of minors who make professional websites (myself included. I'm 17)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 7 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers