SITE REVIEW: www.BuyACountry.net

• thepurplecow
  • Student
  • Student

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

I've just launched this site, it offers advertising - people buy a country and add their website info to the country page.

It's meant to be a bit different and not just a pixel advertising website.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• blackhatbook
  • blackhatbook

Post 3+ Months Ago

Blimey - what did you make this website with ? Notepad ? hehe - seriously its so amateurish - you need some kind of theme - not just put graphic and text on a page. If it looks like the site has been thrown together then people will not be interested in what it has to offer.
  • pmp6nl
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pmp6nl

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting idea.

The prices are way too high, especially for a site that isnt well known.
  • NewEra
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • NewEra

Post 3+ Months Ago

i didn't get the idea?
  • kokkada.com
  • Student
  • Student
  • kokkada.com
  • Loc: INDIA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Interesting idea. Attract more visiter to your website.
  • Commchex
  • Commchex

Post 3+ Months Ago

The prices are a bit excessive...
  • PAYUK
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • PAYUK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe you have changed it since your request but I could not see what you described. What I could see is too basic for a commercial endevour. I think you need to start again. Sorry.
  • Lamia_Poi
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

i don't know it looks pretty good to me the images need sharpening however.

the prices are indeed expensive but i suppose if you were buying a country it would be.

nice idea, not seen it before.

Load time was instant, i like the buttons and the layout. maybe a bit more color?
  • ImageWay
  • ImageWay

Post 3+ Months Ago

When these guys said it was expensive, I thought it would be around $50. But $420 to buy the UK I mean COME ON!

No one has that kind of money to spare except bill gates! And your layout is terrible, I've made better ones and I'm still a template n00b!
  • bookatechie
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also think the prices are too high, especially with a pr of 0. You need to lover prices, also maybe if you pretended that some coutries actually got sold and list them under buyers might help to get people on board. Right now you need to concentrate on selling the idea. Usaully offering stuff for free helps until you get traffic. Maybe have them buy a country for free for a month and maybe they are willing to renew later?
  • iammegiam
  • iammegiam

Post 3+ Months Ago

the concept is nice, but it isnt a well known site and i think the prices are too high as well. the images need to be sharper. i am on dialup (yuck) and i waited awhile and not everything loaded.
  • petals_28
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • petals_28
  • Loc: Delhi

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,

Few comments just as i felt:
-----------------------------------
1) Wht is this site for? What is the main theam of this site. There is no page which describe the reason behind this site. Look if i search something in google then under what catagory ur site will come. I think u need a beter home page wht docs describing ur business and reason properly.

2) We page are similar like contenent wise search and or present home page which use counter wise search. Wht the need of continent wise search when ultimately it is doing contry wise search. Thus one signle page (ue home page is enough) witha 2nd page already u have with View By continent below the worlmap.

---- U need a diff home page and this search page.

3) Color combination is not that good. The county maps - img are not sharp.

4) Font used is not that good. Like the font abont all the country maps.

that alll

byeeee

Dips
  • Prime
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Liverpool

Post 3+ Months Ago

LOL - sorry for the late post but i've just seen your prices :? :? :?

I could buy a genuine 3rd world country for the price of a hyperlink. $6,600 for China :?: eh, i mean seriously, wait a minute .... i'm still in shock :shock: It's genuinely a nice idea and website - I'll give you $5 for the UK for a month and see how it goes :D

Drop the prices until you fill the MAP and you may just have something.

Cheers, Prime ... :shock: :D
  • Netmaster
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Saint Joseph, MO

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont like the header u have, however, i love the rest of the site. 1 problem

$5,950.00 USD for brazil! WHATS WRONG WITH YOUR HEAD :shock:

drop the prices. i would only pay that if i was advertising somewhere big.. like google :D
  • ryguy4377
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • ryguy4377
  • Loc: U.S.A.

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, basically, if you want this to work I think you will need some other type of content on your site as well to attract visitors...if not, what else would be the point of people going there at all?...hence defeating the purpose of advertisers advertising on your site.

Also -- like everyone else said, for now, prices are WAY too high. $9K for russia...it would make sense if you were a big site, but since you have no other content to attract visitors, then why would they have reason at all to advertise with you? Also, why do some smaller countries cost more than or the same as larger countries? I think that prices should be based on size and visibility of the country, seeming as how people would want to secure the biggest, most visible location for their ads.

You have a nice, simple setup -- which is good. But, going along with attracting visitors to your site: you might want to make it look more visually appealing. For this to at all have a chance of working, you will definitely need to think out a way to attract visitors (most likely through other content) and then direct them to the globe map with the ads...this way the advertisers would know that people would be viewing their ads if they advertised with you.

I hope that this will be helpful :).
  • rltek
  • rltek

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would say you need to give your potential buyers some statistics, such as traffic and the location of your visitors. W/o knowing that I doubt anybody will pay the price you listed. :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers