SITE REVIEW: www.buymywebsite.com

• Micah
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Micah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Because you were all so helpful with my last site, I'd like to know what you think of my new one. It's http://www.BuyMyWebsite.com, and it's an auction for webmasters. (I.e., to sell domains, websites, scripts, design services, etc.) I also encourage people to post needs for needed scripts and design, similar to elance.com.

Please let me know what you think; once again, I'm open to all good and bad and horrible reviews.

Thanks!

Micah

:P
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well, the logo on the top left isn't very clear, especially the words in green. Also, the background of that image has a redish hue and it really sticks out, but not in a good way. Another suggestion about that particular image is to link it to the home page. It's natural instinct to click on the logo when trying to get back to the home page, and you only have one other link to get there, and it is on the bottom of a page. What else was there? Ah, right, the links. On the Expired Domains login page all of the links take you back to the main page, and the links aren't the same style as the rest of the site. The Auction pages certainly need a bit of work. Again, the links aren't the same style as the main page, and blue and purple look terrible on yellow. :-P
I absolutely love the layout for the hosting page, did you make it?
That's about all of the criticism I can think to give you, I hope that it has been constructive! :D Good luck with your business!
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Oh, and I also just noticed that on all of the pages you can see the background of the table even after table_end.gif on the top of the page.(Does that make any sense?):-P
  • Micah
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Micah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks, Geekette. I've been working some on implementing your suggestions. I've made all the links on those pages the same, but I still need to edit the log (I hate working with that thing, I'm not a designer, but I agree it needs work) and I need to make the logo link to the homepage.

What you said about being able to see part of the header to the right when you shouldn't, I cannot get that fixed. I have no idea why that's showing up.

What do you think about the audience for the site - I mean, do you think this has good potential?

Thanks again for looking it over and offering suggestions.

Micah
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think the site does have potential. I just wanted to point out that when you view the site on a low resolution or when you shrink the window down that the site is in, your header gets completely screwed up as the text starts wrapping and throws your images completely out of whack.
  • DarkMatterman
  • Born
  • Born
  • DarkMatterman
  • Loc: NJ

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think it's a little hard to read the site, the way its laid out now. You've got 3 columns with different size fonts competing with each other, and the reader doesn't know where to go. You need to lead the reader's eye down the page. I recommend putting important text in the center column of the page, with only short blurbs and phrases on the sidelines.
You might want to take the Is it Free? part and make it a separate page.
  • pltang
  • pltang

Post 3+ Months Ago

it will be good if you could keep the fonts of the same size

it'll be easier to read
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok, I am new so it might not be the best review... The website overall, Im just the picture type kinda guy, even though this is a auction site, i like lots of graphics and eye catchers, but thats just me. I like the colors you used. Maybe a more eye catching logo? alright im not much of a website reviewer, so im out
  • dlankes
  • dlankes
  • Loc: Telluride

Post 3+ Months Ago

The idea for the site is very orginal, but where are the actual auctions? I had a hard time finding the information on your site. Is this still in the development stage. Again great idea.
  • ukshopsnet
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • ukshopsnet
  • Loc: HIGH PEAK, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi

I tried to register for the expired domains sectionas I am very interested in this area of your site. However, upon this request the page throws an error -

Quote:
Warning: mysql_connect(): Access denied for user: 'micah@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /home/buymyweb/public_html/domains/lib/db.php on line 5
Access denied for user: 'micah@localhost' (Using password: YES)

I would like to access this area... email me when set up

Cheers
Phil
  • dr nick
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • dr nick
  • Loc: Frankfurt

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also had the problem of actually finding what you are offering --- are you planning on listing currently available websites up for auction? If so, a link to that kind of page should be easily visible on the first page.
  • T6D
  • Born
  • Born
  • T6D

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sorry i really dont like this site, the colour scheme and layout reek of noobish, the concept however is good the external features just need a bit of work

Theo - http://www.t6d.com
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

T6D u said his colour scheme reeks of noobish?...

that is not a review, u need to think about what ur gonna put, u can't expect to be able to let people review ur website if u gonna say that about other pplz

(i just bin on urs, 400+ games, u only get to play 8, u the n00b)

the colour scheme is not n00bish, it does what it needs to do and its pleasing to the eye

the graphics at the top (logo) has a faint discolour around it on my comp, it isn't white its kinda a touch darker than white, i noticed it streight away, just summot u could fix ;)
  • Genjamin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Genjamin
  • Loc: Chicago

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's a little bit plain. a lot of open spaces and not enough colors. Great content (which is most important) but the design needs a little work.
  • mustardplaster
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mustardplaster
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

There is a large amount of space at the top of the page is there meant to be a banner or something there?

Other than that it is easy to read and the info made it easy to understand.

It does look a little like a portal site that is trying to sell a few different things. Though I can't put my finger on why that is. Maybe it is the orange and gold at the top and then you use green and gold on the right hand side titles...

It is a very good idea. When you have more people coming to the site I would prob use it. Pop in address book.
  • T6D
  • Born
  • Born
  • T6D

Post 3+ Months Ago

oh im the n00b am i, i guess mr expert over there didnt think to try and push the register button considering when u tried to play others, it said REGISTER. but hey...ur the expert u must of being spreading ur stupidity for yeons to achieve that.
  • Loucon
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok the layout isn't too bad.

One problem i see is:
At the top, all the way to the right, the background of your navigation bar repeats again. You may want to fix that.

Another problem:
The green-yellow header graphics to the right clash with the other colors of the site.

Yet another problem:
There is too much white space under the header. Try pulling it up or putting an advertisement there. Even though you may not want to load up the site with too many advertisements.

Other than that, it seems fine. Just fix those and get your point across and you'll be fine.
  • kylebacc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kylebacc
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok look. I really am trying to be helpful even tho you are a direct competitor of my site 8)

Goods:
Nice basic layout
Easy on the eyes
Awsome that there is that franchise thingy

Bads:
It took a little to find the auctions
You have but 1 auction
the menu is not very clear, you could makeit bigger or space it out a bit
you should have some of the auctions accesable from the homepage (weather it be ending soon ones or newley listed, or auctions with bids)

Im not trying to say anything but if I were to come across your site I would not use it. And that's not cuz i have my own( i use all of my competitors sites).

Now Im not trying to spam you but I could sell you the whole base script for my site for $50. Now, the script has a VERY user-friendly admin backend. When you first install it you will have something like this:

http://bids4hits.com - tho when you first install you will have a green based site but that can easily be changed from the admin section.

But if you customize it like me you can have this:

http://WebmasterGoods.com

Lemme know what you think and i hope this helps!

remember: competitor = partner :D
  • musik
  • Legend
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: up a tree

Post 3+ Months Ago

T6D wrote:
oh im the n00b am i, i guess mr expert over there didnt think to try and push the register button considering when u tried to play others, it said REGISTER. but hey...ur the expert u must of being spreading ur stupidity for yeons to achieve that.

:roll:
  • shaunamc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • shaunamc
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Can I buy one of those Tshirts? I collect different T shirts.
  • northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Micah wrote:
Because you were all so helpful with my last site, I'd like to know what you think of my new one. It's http://www.BuyMyWebsite.com, and it's an auction for webmasters. (I.e., to sell domains, websites, scripts, design services, etc.) I also encourage people to post needs for needed scripts and design, similar to elance.com.

Please let me know what you think; once again, I'm open to all good and bad and horrible reviews.

Thanks!

Micah

:P

I would change the background color of the logo in the upper left to match the background of the rest of the page. Right now you can say the outline of a different colored background. There is also a lot of empty space between the header & the main content in the middle of the page. You want to change the header while you're at it - there's not much to it.
  • mediarays

Post 3+ Months Ago

Simple looking site.i had disalignment when viewed with my browser.
still i like it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 22 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers