http://www.c2minds.com/

Warm Regards
Joslyn

• ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'll skip cosmetic feedback. What I completely don't understand is why you chose to save your demo files in Windows Projector format. I assume it was to ensure that people could view them without having to have a current version of Flash installed? That doesn't make sense. If they are viewing your site which already includes Flash, then why didn't you just make the demo's part of the Flash?

The problem with the way you are doing it, when a user clicks one of your demo links, suddenly they are presented with an unknown executable file trying to download itself onto their computer. Hopefully most of the world should be concious enough of viruses and malware programs not to download an unkown and unexpected .exe file. If they do, shame on them.

I checked a couple of them and found them to be virus free, and as expected a Flash movie saved as a Windows Projector file, but I just completely think it's a bad move to handle it like that. You run a great risk of scaring people away from your site.

//As an addendum, this method also causes any MAC users to be completely unable to see your demos when up until that point they had most likely been viewing your site just fine. To the best of my knowledge MAC's don't have Windows Projector.
  • Merlyn
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Oregon

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have to agree with ATNO on this. I am currently viewing your site from a University, and although I have rights while at work (being administrator) to download an .exe file, most students would not.

At first I was pretty cautious about opening your .exe

You may want to reconsider how you are presenting your portfolio.

I think having the projector format would be a nice addition, but the majority of computer users would hopefully be wary of opening an executable that is unkown/untrusted.

I would suggest having your print portfolio as actual images so users of your site could view them within the browser. The same goes for your web portfolio section.

I think it is unnecessary to have them as an executable file, and probably puts many potential viewers of your website off. I know that I thought twice before opening one. You might want to add a link explaining what format it is in, and have the option available though.

Just my 2 cents. As well as ATNO's I suppose =)
  • webia
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • webia
  • Loc: Romania

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hmmm , the design looks as if it was downloaded form guistuff.

You should have made the footer menu in flash too. It looks awful compared to the header menu.
  • phrenic13
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Southeast US

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have always liked the mechanical type designs. The colors are nice to look at and the graphics are nice as well. The one thing that needs to be changed is the fact that any samples you have need to be downloaded first. The majority of people are not going to download a file to check out your work, especially since the files are exe. I suggest keeping the thumbnails like you have them, but having slightly larger versions pop up in a new window and make sure you give the user an option to close the window so it is made even easier to do so. With the flash, I would say to upload the actual website or create links to existing sites for people to view. I also agree that the navigation on the bottom should be a little nicer to go along with the top a little more. Not necessarily as large, but something more than just text. I think with the changes all have mentioned above your site and business will succeed with the right guidence.

David
  • joslyn
  • joslyn
  • Loc: Bombay,India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey folks!

Some more reviews please

Thanks in Advance

Warm Regards
Jos
  • nickthrolson
  • nickthrolson
  • Loc: California

Post 3+ Months Ago

great site like the colors needs more things to do but good job higly recomend this site
  • cipher
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your site has a nice fluid and compact design. the only problem that I had is that it took very long to load, and I have a 10Gbit connection.
  • joslyn
  • joslyn
  • Loc: Bombay,India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys!
  • Bozebo
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: 404

Post 3+ Months Ago

It looks good but its laid out with tables, i dispise table layouts.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 10 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers