SITE REVIEW: www.calmamedispa.com

• samp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • samp

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys

just went live with my new website, let me know what you think,

i know the flash banner is a bit heavy, will try to get it down over the weekend

http://www.calmamedispa.com/

thanks

samp
http://www.4pd.com.au
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• snowstar
  • snowstar

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice color & layout~well done~
  • farmer_Tom
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • farmer_Tom
  • Loc: Oaklahoma

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site relaxes me when it first loads, lol. Nice job with the fading images in flash, it really does get the imagination flowing about rest and relaxation (i sure could use some). Only a couple of suggestions: that you first make a distinct link to your 'gift vouchers' page for the holidays, since massage certificates are always a winner. And second that you include a map or link to one of where you are because I don't know where Armadale is....Pretty good site tho, good luck!
  • azshah
  • azshah
  • Loc: Toronto

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site ...but
You have got 25 images and the total size for the images 40852 bytes
total size of your external multimedia is 1992618 bytes

basically it takes a lot longer for your site to show up (I got high speed what about the poor guy with 56k )

just go to this site and analyze your site http://www.websiteoptimization.com/services/analyze/

you will find helpful info about your site their....
  • sports-facts
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • sports-facts
  • Loc: Detroit

Post 3+ Months Ago

site is nice but takes forever to load and has toooo much empty white space.

nice use of colors
  • samp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • samp

Post 3+ Months Ago

thxs guys

i have reduced the flash to 50k, so im hopeing that will will help

with the size we have gone for the minimum 1024 x 768 as clients will be well off finacially- but you may be right with the header height. I think i will need to monitor it somehow

thx once again
  • bleepnik
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: South Jersey, US

Post 3+ Months Ago

samp, the resolution has very little to do with one's financial status. A decent monitor with high resolution can be easily found these days. However, folks with impaired vision will choose to run at a lower resolution. Furthermore, those who run at high res to maximise their screen real estate may still choose larger font sizes to make text easier to read (I frequently do this on web sites myself).

If you want to exclude a percentage of your target audience, that's fine, but be sure of your reasons before you make that decision. Also, consider that that some of those affluent people may have taken time to amass their wealth, which means they may be older and experiencing deteriorating vision.
  • t10host
  • Born
  • Born
  • t10host

Post 3+ Months Ago

Not bad

How is traffic?
  • samp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • samp

Post 3+ Months Ago

traffic is high at the moment, but it has to do alot with posting in forums, i need to waith a few weeks for the forum traffic to stop and for Search engines to spider it
  • mdancy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mdancy
  • Loc: hong kong

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
Nice site. Works well for the material.

Lot of blue. Blue is good for the relaxing atmosphere, but the use of a turquoise with the powder blue is disturbing. Maybe a complimentary color would do better?

I did see some errors on my Mac/Safari,Opera,FF. The columns of text on several pages was crammed together, no space at all. Also on some, but not all, pages, a large blue rectangle appears on the left side of the page & butts right up to the text.

Otherwise a great site. (Though, in my somewhat advanced years, I take offense at using a picture perfect 20-something model to advertise anti-aging treatments. You may want to think about that & who you are marketing this service to)

mdancy
http://www.tonydancy.com
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the look of the site, took about 2 seconds to load (cable), I can deal with that :)

This, btw, is one example of where flash enhances the site, not takes it over and royally screws it, although I think maybe I don't know, there's too much white on the screen for too long a period of time. It looks like there's odd gaps there too often, but when all the images are up there, it looks great.

One thing I do want to say was, your navigation images at the top. Remember your ALT parameters in the IMG tags! :)
  • Footballer
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Footballer

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like Flash website But i am Not A Beuty Person I Am a Man not a women Lol Nice site
  • death_eather9293
  • death_eather9293

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice design and layout
  • workasfreelancer
  • workasfreelancer

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site layout and design, however, as already mentioned, maybe a little too much white at the start. it's somwhat too bright for some guys that have bright displays lol
  • Detektiv
  • Loc: World Wide Web

Post 3+ Months Ago

samp wrote:
hey guys

just went live with my new website, let me know what you think,

i know the flash banner is a bit heavy, will try to get it down over the weekend

http://www.calmamedispa.com/

thanks

samp
http://www.4pd.com.au

I like it
  • LanaST
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Vancouver, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really love the color scheme. It goes very well with the theme of the site.

Well done!

:D
  • webosdesign
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webosdesign

Post 3+ Months Ago

Overall, i like the site. However, i particularly didn't like the text beginning so far down the page. Also, looking at your web pages source code, you didn't define the doctype for your html. To write valid web pages, you should get in the habit of writing code that conforms to web standards...just a suggestion :)
  • netguard
  • netguard

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice and easy colours, very good design in my humble opinion.

The bottom links are hard to read though I would either make the font a little bigger or make the font colour a bit darker.

But I would love to drop by the health spa for a treatment :D

Good luck with the site
Kim
  • samp
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • samp

Post 3+ Months Ago

thx guys for all the feedback

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 19 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers