SITE REVIEW: www.CanaDate.com

• Canadian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Canadian

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hello,

Within the coming weeks our singles/dating site will be entering 'phase 2' with new features and a new look. I'd really appreciate any and all feedback on the new look.

Current look: (the image you'll see on the right is 1 of 11 random images that will come up)

http://www.canadate.com

Comp of new look:

http://www.rkd.ca/shad/misc/canadate/comp1.html

do you think the new look is too crowded?

We may also be changing the name of the site to a much more marketable name (at least i hope it's more marketable because I'm about to spend $1000.00 on it)

Thanks for your feedback.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

If I was a guy looking for a date, the second one would be a much more "appitizing" layout then the first. I don't think it looks crowded at all, it has plenty of eyecatchers and kept my eyes moving accross the screen. Nice look overall.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Whats the new name that you think is more marketable. We could probably provide our opinion there as well on if its better than your current name.

As far as your site design, I would have to say I like both designs. I do like how the first design isn't as croweded, but I think I like the colors on the second one better.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I didn't even read that part :roll:

I kind of like the current name, but lets see what the other option is!
  • Canadian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Canadian

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks guys.

I'll post the new name and complete site for a review in a few days..I haven't bought the domain yet and don't want to jinx it..I'm paying $1000.00 for it on the 18th of this month..and as unlikely as it would seem, I don't want anyone going to the seller and out-bidding me in the meantime.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Sounds logical then :)

Hopefully after you buy it we have good things to say about your new name compared to your old name.
  • Canadian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Canadian

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes..hopefully :)

We registered a whack of domains because we weren't sure which one to start with..

DateMen.ca
DateWomen.ca
CupidCanada.com
CanadaCupid.com
AdultSingles.ca

and quite a few others. CanaDate.com beats the ones above by far, but the one on the 18th is WAY better IMO. I promise to not keep you in suspense any longer than I have to :)
  • PluTunium
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Touring the USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The second one is MUCH better. It has more style to it. I like the blue and silver along with the navigation bar. Maybe add a mouseover color to the links on the nav. bar oh i like the drop down stuff. whats up with the cana being orange and the date being white?
  • Canadian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Canadian

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey guys, it's me again. Remember I said I would return when I got the better domain? Well, I finally secured it yesterday (whew) it's CanadaMatch.com the design is still coming along (slowly but surely) here is an update..

http://www.canadate.com/memberphotos/16-235.jpg

lemme know what ya' think :)
  • Geekette
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: The Land of NeverWinter (FL)

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice, I actually have no criticism! The domain name is great and I LOVE the design. Good luck with it! :D
  • Canadian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Canadian

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks a bunch :) It's a very exciting time. When we re-launch with the new name, we're also gonna have voice personals as well so I'm really happy that at least one person digs the new look :) :shock:
  • The Shrew
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can't add much to what the others said other than more praise for the design and color scheme. CanadaMatch.com is very good, I can see why you bought it. I hope the new name will bring some single people your way.
  • Canadian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Canadian

Post 3+ Months Ago

The Shrew wrote:
I can't add much to what the others said other than more praise for the design and color scheme. CanadaMatch.com is very good, I can see why you bought it. I hope the new name will bring some single people your way.

Thank you as well. The thing that stank about the name CanaDate was that if you heard it on the radio, or saw it on a poster, you'd likely go home and type "candidate" (as in candidate for mayor) or something like that..we thought of CanadaDate, but the owner wants $4000.00 for the name, and even canadadate doesn't roll of the tongue as nicely as CanadaMatch
  • mnmarkm
  • Student
  • Student
  • Loc: Cloquet, Minnesota

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice layout... Smooth integration, no sudden changes. Makes for a relaxing visit. As for the domain name, I think you've hit upon a winner there too. Wish you the best of luck with it.
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I would have to agree with the others. Your new domain name is definetely the best one. Your site design looks good too, but hard to give you much more criticism (positive or negative) when I am only looking at a picture.
  • Canadian
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Canadian

Post 3+ Months Ago

Bigwebmaster wrote:
I would have to agree with the others. Your new domain name is definetely the best one. Your site design looks good too, but hard to give you much more criticism (positive or negative) when I am only looking at a picture.

Agreed/. The layout for the remaining pages should be set in a little while and I'll be sure to keep you all posted.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 16 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers