SITE REVIEW: www.chainedads.com

• jnext

Post 3+ Months Ago

Tell me what you think about this site.
As http://www.chainedads.com is one of the first website I created for the Internet (until now I worked only on intranet applications), I'm really interested in find out what you think about it:

Tell me what do you think about the design, placements etc.
How 'bout page loading and browser-specific issue?
Also, I am very interested on what you think about the idea behind this site.

Thanks for any reviews!
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• righteous_trespasser
  • Scuffle
  • Genius
  • Loc: South-Africa

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well seeing that you advertise other sites ... You may want to fix the Validation errors ... Click here to see the 26 errors ...

Your logo reads difficultly and it looks a bit pixelised to me ... Also the letters up top are a bit hard to read for the letter-price association ...

It works well in IE7 and FireFox ... And yeah the idea is cool ... I mean it has been done before, but the other site that I remember sold pixels for $1 per pixel ...
  • pclovers
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Nagpur, India

Post 3+ Months Ago

Site is seems to be for advertising. There are many banners on the top. You should avoid it.
  • jnext

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Site is seems to be for advertising. There are many banners on the top. You should avoid it

Indeed, the site IS for advertising, as it's name, description and my signature all say.
What do you mean "there are many banners on the top". Which banners do you refer to?

Thanks
  • TA
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

You currently have 760 code warnings, of which I won't post all of them but will highlight the main one's ... so, here's my review:

1. Your site wasn't started with the mandatory <!DOCTYPE Declaration> -- I suggest you place the proper Doctype Declaration at the top of your site from one of these selections

2. The javascript at the top of your syntax is definitely in the wrong place -- it needs to go after your <meta> tags and just before the </head>.

3. line 153 column 100 - Warning: <form> isn't allowed in <table> elements

4. line 190 column 1 - Warning: <tr> dropping value "center" for repeated attribute "align"

5. line 232 column 322 - Warning: <blink> is not approved by W3C

6. line 153 column 72 - Warning: <div> isn't allowed in <table> elements

7. line 5329 column 7 - Warning: <tr> attribute "valign" has invalid value "center"

8. line 8732 column 1 - Warning: <a> anchor "cloud" already defined

9. As for the "banners" at the top, the poster was talking about the numerous Google icons; you have far too many Google ads, and I would delete those 4 icons at the top.

10. Lastly; to be bluntly honest, the links at the bottom are hideous and look horrible -- remove the colors on the text links; place them in a straight line with the same font and font size in a white text color.
  • jnext

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for you advices.
I fixed all errors, and now the site is W3C valid.

I also removed most of google refferal products from top (except adsense, which already got some refferals).

On the link section below, I have made it more simple, and hopefully now it looks acceptable.

PS: thanks ozzu and it's members for really helping me improve my website.

I am waiting for more feedback :)

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 6 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers