SITE REVIEW: www.colorrenaissance.com

• stinger
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • stinger
  • Loc: San Jose, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

http://www.colorrenaissance.com

What do you guys think? What should be changed?

Thanks for your input
  • dqualter
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

should this be in "Website Reviews" :)
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

//moved
  • digitalMedia
  • a.k.a. dM
  • Genius
  • Loc: SC-USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Quote:
Did you read the rules? Obviously not. You broke the first rule:

Website Review Rules wrote:
Please review at least three other sites first and give some constructive criticism regarding their site. Posting replies such as "looks good" or "nice site" will not satisfy the requirement. You must give them something to work with whether its positve feedback or negative feedback.

I am locking this thread until you make 3 useful reviews. If you expect to get well thought out reviews on your site that will help you, then you better do the same to the others. Once you write 3 good reviews (you can edit your other reviews, or write 3 more) I will unlock this post and remove my remarks. If you do not make 3 good reviews (can be positive or negative criticism, it just has to be useful criticism) within 2 days I will remove this entire post.

Hope you understand why we are doing this and do not take it personally. By enforcing these rules it will make people give better reviews, including the ones who will review your site.

Please PM me when you've gotten straight with the rules.
Thanks.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

dM -

I went ahead and unlocked this. stinger has made a couple good reviews over time and contributes quite a bit to the other boards. That's good enough for me.
  • puKKa
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

would work better with a normal frame to the left with the menu in.
  • SharkShark
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Living In Today

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like it, Its seems to be a portfolio site right? mostly anyway. I think its very well done, The navigation could be a little better, I guess but not really, It almost seems like there isnt enough information or something. I don't know weird feeling I got :roll: . But anyway, I think the images are well done and it is a clean simple site. I like it.
  • monsieur_le_christophe
  • Student
  • Student
  • monsieur_le_christophe
  • Loc: Wales, UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey stinger

Think the images look really nice, and like the clean, uncluttered dsign.
Here's one or two things I think might help:

where you have your solid grey background for the table on most of the pages, you could try a 1x2 pixel background image for the table, consisting of one pixel of the existing grey, and one below it of a slightly darker grey. I think this gives a really nice professional & subtle texture to backgrounds. The image will be tiny as a gif and will barely add any load-up time.

I also think you should make your navigation bar a bit tidier as it's the one part of the site that really needs to look simple and clean to let people get about as easily as poss. Maybe having each link on a seperate line, with gaps or black lines between categories?

On your colour residential and colour commerical pages I think you need to keep all the headings centred, and some points have bullet holes and some don't - think you need to make them all consistent.

Like the refined tidiness.
Hope that helps

Chris

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers