SITE REVIEW: www.computertutorials.org

• Arby_Abraamyan
  • Arby_Abraamyan

Post 3+ Months Ago

URL: http://www.computertutorials.org

hi I been working on this website for about 3 months now and its about finished and i'm advertisng the website a lot now, but before i go on with that stuff I would like people to comment on my website and tell me what i can do to make it better. the site is basicly a site that ofers free computer tutorials and i have a html tutorials coming soon you can take a sneak preview if you would like by going to:
http://tutorials.computertutorials.org/html/html.php

PLEASE REVIEW MY WEBSITE
  • glassedgraphix.com
  • Born
  • Born
  • glassedgraphix.com

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site, the layout is very clean and simple. I like it. Just one question, why did you align everything to the right instead of center or left?
  • Arby_Abraamyan
  • Arby_Abraamyan

Post 3+ Months Ago

that was a little bug in the code but its fixed now.

if you have any other suggestions or comments please fell free to let me know
  • assasin3k
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Spain

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont like the logo text, the buttons text but the most important thing is that i think u can not make this site using a template like that one. I donno but it doesnt feets right.

just choose an other template :D
  • MrSomeone
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • MrSomeone
  • Loc: Brooklyn, New York

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the layout, it's simple.

But I don't like the text on the buttons on the top of the page, you could try just using regular text, or maybe a different font. Same with the text on th header, try turning anti-aliasing on when you edit it.

-Someone
  • SigmaSquared
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • SigmaSquared

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just think the first impressions of the website are wonderful, until you click on the Forums button. Now you see a very simplistic, "I’ve not spent much time with trying to customise this forum to make it look like an intricate part of my website" kinda page. I think you should perhaps look into choosing another template and customize it to seem like its a perfect and natural extension of your main page. Other than that, i think the website looks very professional indeed. Good job!
  • Techkid
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Techkid

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site, very clean and simple....easy to navigate also ......good work in my book
  • PMetalDude41
  • PMetalDude41

Post 3+ Months Ago

pretty good looking site. don't show that to anyone in my family, they pay me to do all the simple stuff on their computers. I like the graphic on the top. I'm a sucker for some good photshop (or what have you) job.
  • cerio
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi.

The site has a nice, clean, polished look to it. Easy on the eye.

I noticed in the tutorials section that it said...
'free advertisement to does who submit a tutorials'.
I assume the word 'does' is actually meant to be 'those'. I also spotted, in the same section of italic text...
'These advertisement may be a banner'.
The letter s is missing from the end of the word 'advertisement'

In 'computer reboots without warning' page, I spotted...
'the behavior to reboot your computer when it receive a system failure'. It should say 'recieves', with an s at the end. I think you may have used a spell check but it only throws up misspellings, not words that are incorrectly used but that it still recognises as actual words. A little proof reading needs done after the spell check. I haven't read all the text so don't know if there are other oversights like that.

I'm glad to see you make it possible for users to choose to view the site with a larger text size, by altering the browser font size. It's only fair on those with accessibility problems, to allow that to be done. Even though most of us prefer our sites to be seen as we produce them, it's not for us to dictate that no-one can alter it, if they need to, to access the info. So many sites make text unalterable, I notice.

Not sure about the buttons all being different sizes. I'd prefer them all a uniform size with the text centred on them. Not sure why you did that, as you didn't size them to fit the text they contain, or you did with some and not others. Puzzled by the sizing of them. I do think all one size would be better.

I am assuming that all those lists numbered 1 to 10 are going to be filled (you said it's not finished yet) and you are not going to have it with numbers that are not used in some lists.

I really like the look of the site. By and large, it's very smart and professional looking.

C
  • jonpaul
  • jonpaul
  • Loc: UK soon Lanzarote

Post 3+ Months Ago

nice site, it;s easy to get around and the colours are good.
  • Beren
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Beren
  • Loc: Lost in Wilderland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Like the general view of the site.
Yet the blurry navigation on top should be 'clean'... maybe make .gif images of use cascading stylesheets.

Never was really into gradiants (especially not in buttons)... think the bottom menu could look better without them.

But overall... nice look & feel!
  • Phaedrus
  • Loc: CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

It might be a good idea to hire a copyrwriter from one of the freelancer sites to write some good copy for you. Bad copy in general, and bad grammar in particular, leaves visitors with a bad impression of the site. For example, on the "About Us" page, it starts off: "Once a dream has become a reality." I think you probably mean, "What was once a dream has become a reality."

I like the look, but I think the name is too plain in the header. It's just text that says, "Computer Tutorials." You should probably use a cool font to make it look more like a logo, and make it bigger. The name should be large and recognizable in the header. The overall design is good, I would just tweak a few things like the button size and (especially) font of the main buttons. And ditto about the forums, change the skin to match your site.
  • Poly
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Same place you left me.

Post 3+ Months Ago

content is pretty good, mabe now you should try making your own template :) might make your site sound a little more professional i think?

poly
  • FiveseveN
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Nowhere

Post 3+ Months Ago

IMO it's not easy to the eye at all... but that's just me, I despize templates.
  • vation
  • vation

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice job with colors for the whole site. I think the site could use some revision in terms of the typography. Im personally partial to sans serif fonts so I might explore the idea of using arial or verdana rather than Times Roman which seems to be what you have in the far right news screen.

I would also use a more engaging font for the "Computer Tutorials" header. It seems kind of bland considering how nice the site is overall. The lines and circles in the header are a nice touch and I like the depth that you used for the whole piece. The icons on the right could use some more highlighting however.

Try adding a drop shadow to the Computer Tutorials title and changing the font to Century Gothic. Ithink that would look nice. Also I might add to the laptop picture on the homepage.

Overall, it looks very nice.
  • grover
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • grover

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think this is a good idea and I like the layout..

I do find the text a bit small though. You have room to made it a bit bigtger.

Also, the way it is worded..you have an error in "our staff has established " - should be "our staff have established"...only a small thing but it reads better...

good luck...
  • chiraag
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • chiraag

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes ive actually seen this template on a free template download site so not much i can ocmment on apart from you didnt design it lol
  • Roxy
  • Beginner
  • Beginner

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really dont care for the font on the buttons, the logo can be better very grainy with the text.

Also i have seen that header before on other templates. If i was you and your having a site about tutorials html et.... you should make your site more unique IMO.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 18 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers