•  
  •  

SITE REVIEW: www.cowkiller.com

• UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Canada "A"

Post 3+ Months Ago

this is my first real try at a web site i am 18 and i just got in to doing this and i love it.

http://www.cowkiller.com
  • Jimmie
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Ft Worth TX

Post 3+ Months Ago

First Off, I am offended by the site and your "banner".

On to the review of the site. Theres not much to review. Some of the sections, well one of them is not open yet, the rest is just forums or a search this site. Not much to review. Decent quality for someones first website, if indeed you are the creator. May I ask you this.... Why in the world would a 17 year old want a site called "Cow Killer"?
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

for one i am the creator of cowkiller site and the name of the site is b/c i live in the sticks and i hate it there are farms around me and i just dont like it so it became cowkiller.com .... did that help you?
  • Borrow -A- Geek
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: Dallas/Ft Worth, Texas

Post 3+ Months Ago

cowkiller wrote:
for one i am the creator of cowkiller site and the name of the site is b/c i live in the sticks and i hate it there are farms around me and i just dont like it so it became cowkiller.com .... did that help you?

that is certainly understandeable that you are sick of seeing cows, so is it a parody then?

i think it is a great attempt if it is indeed your first site. keep crackin the html, java and dhtml books and you will have a lot of potential for the future.. i can understand how someone might be "offended" by the site and the banner, but if it is a parody or a joke about actually "killing" cows. you might put a little disclaimer descretely somewhere so people dont flame you for it

my :my2cents:
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

well the banner did kill the cow before but i changed that and i think it adds interest to the site to some it might look like a meat site to outhers it will looks like a funny site but for me it is a hobby that i love to do
Gadget Guru about the little disclaimer i dont think that is a good idea b/c i will take some of the interest away, but thanks
  • theorynine
  • Loc: Oregon, Holla

Post 3+ Months Ago

Heh, i remember my first attempt at a web site ... although i had a lot more flashing neon green text in my, anyway, i'm veiwing your site on a mac, in ie 5.2, so some of the tables, and i might be wrong, look a bit off. (or thats just how they are, not sure) ...

Anyway, something, that helped me sharpen my site skills, was visiting some tut sites, such as dbm, eye-ball, and various other sites. Check those out, and work with photoshop.

Your site indeed, as your first one, looks pretty good ... and like gguru said, hit those books, and some tut sites, and you'll be rollin' in the future.

I'll update this when i get home and i'm on my windows machine. /out
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya my site dont show up well on a mac. and my computer is so slow i cant use photoshop at home so i do it in school on my free class and i plan on geting deep in to this kind of stuff. i dont know about php beacuse i am just geting html after that i might try php or something like that
ya and thanks
  • guitrspaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • guitrspaz
  • Loc: Baltimore, MD

Post 3+ Months Ago

I just gotta ask how you picked the subject matter? fetish? fascination? experience? site looks good in terms of it's probable viewers (none of which i imagine will care much about appearance) and for a first time website its great! *applause* dude, bottom line; your site fascinates me...
  • guitrspaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • guitrspaz

Post 3+ Months Ago

and while i'm at it, it looks fine on mac...thats what i'm using...
  • guitrspaz
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • guitrspaz

Post 3+ Months Ago

jbb image broken on links page...check it
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya i will fix that my buddy's site thanks my main page sucks becaouse i cant use photo shop on this thing it is to slow
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru
  • Loc: Boston

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the banner and graphics and explaining the name is a good idea, but when I went to the cowkiller game page all I got was a broken image. Maybe you have to register to play but when I clicked the image I got a page not found error - it's pointing to the game subdomain because you're using a relative url. The image won't load for the same reason. When I tried the menu links on the same game page I found the same problem. Change them to absolute urls with the full address and you'll be all set.

Also you might want to work on your table layout to try and remove the whitespace above the updates on the right-hand side of the screen. Maybe use two columns in the same row and put the menu links in a nested table in the left-hand column.

Overall a very good first effort. :D
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya thanks for the ideas and the game page is still geting worked on i will fix all that thanks
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

i got a new main page take a look and tell me what you think thanks
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin
  • Loc: Seattle, WA & Phoenix, AZ

Post 3+ Months Ago

Definetely looks better and more organized. Getting better all the time.
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good! The layout is tighter and the menu looks much better. You might want to shrink the big graphic at the top a little though - at 1000 pixels wide it's causing a horizontal toolbar at lower resolutions.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks i will change that and i am making a new one soon anyway
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

funny how your site, the one that everybody hates is getting more
posts than any of the others. That's a good thing for you cowkiller...

"any press is good press"
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

yes it is. but when people see what my site is all about they like it and it is not what you think it is and that is the idea right now i am up to 94 members so some people must like it i just got to get the word out about it that's all

by the way you people should take a look at my new main pge,member pics, and links. i was up till 2 am makeing them last night and tell me what you think ..... thanks
  • Micah
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Micah

Post 3+ Months Ago

:shock:

Nice site dude.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

guss what i am going to the I.T expo and i am working on my website at the expo so hopefuly i will get some new users well i hope i get lots of new users o well i g2g
  • RBeau
  • Student
  • Student
  • RBeau
  • Loc: Aurora, CO

Post 3+ Months Ago

First off, I don't know how anyone can be offended by your Banner if they eat Beef :) just kidding all. It is a gread Parody Site and is an asset to the Internet, everyone needs a good laugh now and then.

Everything aside I did find that it was well organized, and might I say a great way to learn HTML to start a hobby site. That is how I learned HTML.

The site impressed me since you say it was your first site, and I see that improvements are made frequently so looks like you are well on your way.

Love the site!!!

RBeau
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

well first off thanks and i am working on a forums for jbb-import http://www.cowkiller.com/jbb and then i am makeing a index page for it so if ya got any ideas you can tell me i got one with the same setup as mine just to show him what it can look like http://www.cowkiller.com/jbb/indexjbb.html
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks good. Looks pretty much identical except for different information and a different logo.
  • RBeau
  • Student
  • Student
  • RBeau

Post 3+ Months Ago

I agree with BigWebmaster, except I get a horizontal scrollbar in 800x600.
I don't like horizontal scrollbars... If someone invents a mouse with a little trackball instead of a vertical scroll wheel I would like scrolling horizontal.

RBeau
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

i didn't see it on this site, I must have missed it....

but, hoizontal scrollbars are cool when used in the right place. Vertical is
more of a convention than a standard. People should be more open
minded to different things in web design. Not everything has to be
"normal."
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

In this case I don't think he was planning to have the horizontal scroll bar, and I would agree that horizontal scroll bars for me are kind of a nuisance, and that is probably why most sites do not have them. I do not know of any large professional web sites who have them, but maybe I have missed one :)
  • RBeau
  • Student
  • Student
  • RBeau

Post 3+ Months Ago

You are right unflux maybe I should be more open minded.

I'll remember that next time.,...

Sorry Cowkiller!
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya the banner makes that happen it is not ment for 800x600 but if i took the banner out it would go with any size and thats a good idea with the horizontal scroll bar i think i might try that just to be diffrent
you guys think i should try?
  • RichB
  • Guru
  • Guru

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think having a banner of some sort at the top is a good idea. If you make a smaller version of the banner - like 760 pixels wide - you could use javascript to decide whether to show the big banner or the small banner based on the user's resolution. If you search google for javascript image resolution you'll find a number of free scripts out there that will do the trick.

As far as keeping an open mind about scrollbars, I don't think a horizontal scrollbar is bad on principle I just think it should serve some purpose, and having both scrollbars is a bit awkward. Ulitmately I suppose it depends on your audience - if your webstats show you how many people are viewing it at a given resolution and all or most are at a high resolution then I guess it doesn't matter. About 40-50% of my visitors still use 800x600 so I like it to fit at that resolution.
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah i realized later what you all were saying. that on an 800x600
resolution, it was too wide to fit and caused the horizontals to show
inadvertantly. Just wanted to clear that up. ;) :D

All I was really saying, is some sites use it on purpose. And just because
it's different from "the norm" doesn't make it bad or ugly.

Take a look at this site, perfect example of on-purpose horizontal
scrolling. It's very well done.

http://www.mediamonks.com
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok...... you guys want to check out the new main page tell mw if ya like it
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i fixed the main page, tell me what ya think
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Igot a new overall header to mach
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looks alright. I noticed on the smaller resolution (or when I shrink my window down) it looks better than on my higher resolution. I think its because when its smaller the header matches the width of the forum then. Hopefully that makes sense.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya it makes sense.
  • b_heyer
  • Web Master
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I gave you a three, because theres not alot too do yet, but looks like you have a great start. I also gave you a three because you have stock phbb color theme right now, make it match the rest of your page and it'll be a 4 with just that :-)
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

After all that's been done to cowkiller.com. what is my score now? did it go up or down? i just want to know..... thanks

//the polls has been reset for this thread - bigweb
  • Lauranicole17
  • Born
  • Born
  • Loc: England

Post 3+ Months Ago

I gave your site a 4, because the layout is really nice and it has a real purpose that you can tell as soon as you go on it. Its really good. :wink:
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

i just made the main page less blocky.... looks great
[fade]www.cowkiller.com[/fade]
  • kreative
  • Loc: canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

Your colours are nice, i like blue, but i think that you should extend your layout to take up the whole browser, maybe im just running a higher resolution that you.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

well people bitch about it so i leave it at 800x600
  • Bigwebmaster
  • Site Admin
  • Site Admin

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see you changed your site design some again. Looks good, but are you planning on making all your pages kind of match? It seems like each page is a different design. I would personally try to keep the same theme going throughout your site.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

i dont know what colors i should use
  • The Shrew
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Maybe If you styled the main page like the forum it would flow better, like Big suggested. Oh, I just want to point out that your page title is Cokiller.com. I don't know if I have any other suggestions. Personally I don't like that color blue, but if you do, go with it.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks
we are trying to insall php-nuke so it is more then just forums, so it will have a hole new look and lots of other sweet stuff. might even put a online store in it and make a few bucks.
if i do put an online store, dose any one have any thing they want to sell like scrips, programs, and what ever eles.
  • solidsaving
  • solidsaving
  • Loc: ca

Post 3+ Months Ago

Well done! I couldnt do that at 17 :))
You are awesome. Keep up the good work!
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

hey thanks alot
  • Minne
  • Student
  • Student
  • Minne
  • Loc: Small Sports

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok, here is what i think. I really see no point in a front page, unless you do some cow content. like types of cows and breeds and products that it makes and all that. Other then that its all a forum. but its a nice place
  • Bendy
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Bendy

Post 3+ Months Ago

Geezer,
I love games sites.

The HTML title only seems come up when you click the pictures. Also, when I tried, all the games seem to link to that one game with Bob in it (it's an ok game) If the others aren't there yet you should say that with (Coming on the 3rd of October...) or whatever... so at least people will know when to come back and look again...

I liked the game though ;)

Bendy
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

i did not have a chance to fix that and i am trying to get new game and change my site to php-nuke
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

well my site got hacked by a guy in my school and he friged up my site. it blows so i guss i got some fixing to do. :x
  • guitarded
  • guitarded

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks very clean and easy to read, gj
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am doing a test run of Extreme phpbb it has over 70 mods done to it and so far i like it but there is a few things worng with it like the bank but other then a few things it is kool if you want to take a look at it http://www.cowkiller.com/forum2
  • gsv2com
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • Loc: Nippon

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pretty cool. Is the phpbb team involved in the production of extreme phpbb or is it just an improvement made by one of its users?
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

i think one of the users
  • kylebacc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • kylebacc
  • Loc: Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

thats pretty cool
  • Axe
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: Sub-level 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

So, it's basically just a fork of phpBB with a bunch of mods installed?

Not bad, aside from the fact that it takes an average of 2-3 seconds to generate each page as I was browsing :)
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow 2-3 secs
lol jk
there is just one thing so far i cant get the bank to work
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

old topic i know but php-nuke would not work right so i installed phpbb forums with over 70 mods and working on styles for cowkiller and trying to get some memberas
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind
  • Loc: UK - England

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol...
this is an old thread..
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya but i keep changing cowkiller
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nucleo wrote:
lol...
this is an old thread..

Yep -- and this is exactly what we encourage members to do. Especially here in the reviews board. If you already asked for a review and did some updates and want additional thoughts, do what cowkiller did and dig up the old post and get it rolling again vs. creating a brand new one.

This applies to any board at OZZU.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya i did not want to get people pissed off
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

lol..

one way to put it

good thinking ATNO :thumbsup:
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

there you go so it is ok to post in old topics
anyway back to cowkiller i am going to reset the voteing
and i am trying to get new styles. it is to bright
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

P.S. Cowkiller -- I just merged your "Extreme phpBB" post with this one (viewable on page 4). I just noticed it. In keeping with the policy it is now here.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok
i did not think that forum thing would go that way thats why i posted were i did but thanks
  • pimpmasta
  • Student
  • Student
  • pimpmasta

Post 3+ Months Ago

I think's it not bad.. although the forums load kind of slow. I'm not sure what the point of the Calendar mod is, deleting it might make the page load faster. Just an opinion.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

well when your a member you can change it so that the Calendar and other things dont show up and stuff like that
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

i now have some Tutorials in my Articles page take a look
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

just added 4 games
and adding cheats it is going to take a long time to do all of them
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

a hint for ya...
with the buttons on the top, in the flash navigation.
I would suggest that you put them in a box. put the edit the button its self, and put a box behind it..

because atm you have to click on the text its self, and it is hard to get to lol
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ya i know thanks a few people told me that and i dont know how to place it behind the text
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

edit the button its self....
dont just put a graphic behind the button.

open the actual button up, and then put a box behind it
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

ok i know i do this alot but anyway i am changeing cowkiller.com again
i am going to start with lyrics then i may do cheats
each time i learn a few new things i want to use them in my own site but i think i am going to stick with what i am doing and that is it
the forum is not going to be the main part. it will be just for help and requests / ideas i will update you people on what i do asap
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

cheats for what? be careful what you respond with...
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

weel i dont know about the cheats yeat but it would be game cheats for ps,ps2,x-box and so on
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius

Post 3+ Months Ago

i see. ok :)
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you want to take a look it is http://www.cowkiller.com/lyrics/site.php
  • abcigs
  • Loc: Pentwater, MI

Post 3+ Months Ago

Anything to be said for "reverse marketing"?... noticed quite a few people "disliked" or were "offended" by the name, site, banner... etc. But they looked didn't they? Just the name alone makes you wonder "what in the world could this site be about?"... and hense... you look. When I looked at this site, the forum thread had 2,576 views, and 80 posts! I say "Good Job Mr. Cow Killer... you got people's attention... and that can be hard to do these days!"

Cheers...

J Marsh
  • ssw0420
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks good friend, cowkiller is a funny topic lol
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

abcigs wrote:
Anything to be said for "reverse marketing"?... noticed quite a few people "disliked" or were "offended" by the name, site, banner... etc. But they looked didn't they? Just the name alone makes you wonder "what in the world could this site be about?"... and hense... you look. When I looked at this site, the forum thread had 2,576 views, and 80 posts! I say "Good Job Mr. Cow Killer... you got people's attention... and that can be hard to do these days!"

Cheers...

J Marsh

wow! thanks

as i said before the idea for the name "Cowkiller" was not my idea. it all started with a gift and ended up being a way in to college, making a few friends and learning something new

but getting back to the site i just want people to know that the lyrics site will not be done till the end of summer (or around there) but you can still see how far i have gotten http://www.cowkiler.com/lyrics/site.php but please don't tell me what links are broken or don't work until i finish. at the moment there are to many to count just because i have not made of finished the pages yet
  • sharehw
  • Born
  • Born
  • sharehw

Post 3+ Months Ago

did u make any thing beside the banner?, do some real php programing and then back to me.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

if you are talking about the lyrics site well i dont rember say i was a php programer i may have said i used php and edited it my self but i did not make all the php myself, i use the forums css file for the style and the forum for requests. but i did do all the html for my site and in the last week i have made over 600 pages useing html and some php for my lyrics site, i have did not read much on useing html and php i just spend my free time trying out a few thing and seeing how it works that is how i learn so some day i may be a php programer but for now it is mostly html

if you talking about cowkiller forums that is up with the users on it then other then the banner i did not tweek the forum up that much just added mods and add-ons
  • jubilaki
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i must say that i have been useing the old forums at the moment for a while now and i love cowkiller and i have seen alot of the new stuf that johathan has done and i really like it
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks i cant wate till i get the lyrics site finished then i think i am going to sell the lyrics as a add-on for phpbb forums that is the way i got it st up for the moment
  • Nucleo
  • SausagePorkPie
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

so, ur selling websites now?
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

just add-ons to phpbb forums like lyrics then i may start off with cheats (games) or some other thing
  • jubilaki
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

i wish i could do stuf like that =p
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

i opened cowkiller.com the lyrics are not done but the forum is
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

one again i changed cowkiller
still working on the lyrics on my own but the forum is open feel free to join
  • 613flavah
  • battlestar
  • Web Master
  • Loc: Hurricane...

Post 3+ Months Ago

a bit too hard on the eye with all the white.
  • jubilaki
  • Graduate
  • Graduate

Post 3+ Months Ago

yeah i think that it was better with the black....
  • TheArchitect
  • Professor
  • Professor
  • TheArchitect
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

I see nothing wrong with your current banner unlike some of the earlier posts. I don't really see the point of the site but I assume it's more of a friends only community type of site? I definately think it's got potential though...so don't bother at what people are saying. Besides, you've got a _killer_ domain. :wink:
  • Nazrin
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: MY(Malaysia)

Post 3+ Months Ago

1. Nice banner, cowkiller. It rocks!
2. Simple template BUT awesome. Damn nice!

No ranks? It's okay. I rate 5! Good Job! 8)
  • Kevins_Kevlar
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Loc: Bc, Canada

Post 3+ Months Ago

cowkiller wrote:
for one i am the creator of cowkiller site and the name of the site is b/c i live in ....

Cowkiller is a term also used by undercover cops on vancouver island. Could this be why you named it?
  • elven-ranger
  • Born
  • Born
  • elven-ranger

Post 3+ Months Ago

Strange, you made a index page, and a forum with a portal i suggest a the portal as your index
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kevins_Kevlar wrote:
cowkiller wrote:
for one i am the creator of cowkiller site and the name of the site is b/c i live in ....

Cowkiller is a term also used by undercover cops on vancouver island. Could this be why you named it?

i did not know that but that gives me a few ideas thanks umm the site has changed a little over the last few weeks if your going to look at it it is made for IE
  • g0l`
  • Novice
  • Novice

Post 3+ Months Ago

pretty good for your first site. I suggest using a css stylesheet though, and try to edit your forum so that it looks like your site!

nice header :wink:
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

i am changing right now so it may look a little messed up
  • delmea
  • Loc: West Yorkshire

Post 3+ Months Ago

Just had a look at your web site and the forum and contact links were not working. Couldn't form an Opinion as I didn't feel the need to stay long enough.
http://www.freesoftware4all.co.uk
  • soulseek3r
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • soulseek3r
  • Loc: Guyana

Post 3+ Months Ago

well firstly i'm not impressed but it's ok for your first. I see you have hosting for $100 per year...you have to show what ppl are gettin. With hosting the competition is tight. I know cuz i do such. I'd rate..3
  • puKKa
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Sweden

Post 3+ Months Ago

Didn't like it but since it your first "real" homepage I think it's ok :)

try learning php so that you can make dynamicpages since html is limited.

gl
  • northjersey78-2
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • northjersey78-2
  • Loc: North Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

cowkiller wrote:
this is my first real try at a web site i am 18 and i just got in to doing this and i love it.

http://www.cowkiller.com

Hmmm...looks like you are in the midst of redesigning so there's not much to comment on yet.
  • derrick
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • derrick
  • Loc: The other side of the cross fader

Post 3+ Months Ago

"forums" link is an 404 error page
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

site is down at the moment but will be up soon
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

cowkiller wrote:

cowkiller.com/webdesign.html wrote:
We have years of experience in web design.

I haven't read all the replies in this thread but something about your statement (top) and the website statement (above) doesn't add up for me :?

Nice to see you using colors other than the oh-so-common blue/silver/white designs out there. Also well-done for (seemingly) not using a template. I applaud you on both of those.

Two pages resolve as 404 errors, the forum as pointed out earlier and the contact page.

Finally it seems your home page is slightly different from the other pages (webdesign and portfolio). i.e. different color boxes and body margin/padding is off.

Good effort, keep it up - you are making good progress.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

just a update!
i have reopened the forum and all the colors now match on all the pages. soft greys , not hard to read, simple and has a good user interface
the site is lacking members and content but i am working on that the layout as is will mostly stay that way
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

"Help us by clicking on the ad's at the bottem of the page" ???

You guys THAT desperate? If the problem is hosting I can give you a page or two of cheap hosting links...

What's with the ads everybody when you have less than 10 users?
Don't tell me you make a living out of it! That could happen once you are an 800-pound gorilla like OZZU or FLASHKIT...! The pennies you might make are not gonna be enough for a cheeseburger!

:)
  • Abelius
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • Loc: Miami Beach, FL, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

And dont get me wrong! I'll gladly join your forum if you want (never say "no" to discovering a potential genius), I just think it's pathetic to go for an ad almost before finishing up the site!
  • lioness
  • Mastermind
  • Mastermind

Post 3+ Months Ago

lionking wrote:
Also well-done for (seemingly) not using a template. I applaud you on both of those.

OK I take that back :wink: you've gone down the template troute now - why? :cry:
  • alerik
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: People Republic of China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I checked out your sit but there is not much to see??? I hope you will find a lot of customers but i think that the will come to you not because your site. Don't take this the wrong way but for a designer it is olmost like a forum layout instead of a great designer website......come on.......let your creative mind come up with something great man.

Good luck.
  • UniquelyYoursPC
  • Web Master
  • Web Master

Post 3+ Months Ago

well i am aways working on the site and changing things i just have not have to much time to let lose
yes i am useing a template but just modafieing to the way i want and keeping the same theme for the whole site.
"lionking" you must have seen it when it was orange and black. i did like that but i did not have the time to make a theme of orange so i went a easy to change theme. if youkeep checking back to the site you will see it change and even get biger the only this i wish i could change it the name.
people just think it is a big joke and make fun of the name
but it was given to me to try what i have learned
i wish i saved all the diffrent changes so i could you all of you how it was when i started

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 115 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers