SITE REVIEW: www.createawebsitetutorial.com

• jumar112
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jumar112
  • Loc: Ohio, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi everyone,

As this is a new site, I would appreciate any type of feedback on the design, colors, or anything else that you may see that I need to fix.
I don't have any images on the site, if anyone would have any good ideas for me please let me know.

Thanks
  • calvi36
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • calvi36
  • Loc: Glasgow, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Jumar,

first impression was on the colour, I really did not find that mauve/beige attractive. Second thing was the font you used in your top banner, the website name is unreadable due to the font, even in larger font it looks fussy and it may be unreadable to visually impaired viewers.

The information on the site is very concise and easy to follow so definite points for that. the information is the key to your site, it does exactly what is says on the label. Well done.

I meant to add Jumar, I personally found your site very helpful as I am a novice. The section on SEO and listing is excellent and has taught me a thing or two, there you go there is a demand for the site! Check out my site review post on http://www.lease2u.co.uk your input would be welcome.
  • jumar112
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jumar112

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks calvi36 for the information. I was wondering about the header. I created it in photoshop so back to photoshop I go.
There will be more information on website traffic and seo to be added. I am glad that it was helpful.
  • jumar112
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jumar112

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am in the process of fixing the header...
anyone have any things they don't like/like about the site.

Thanks
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, This looks like a very useful site. I plan on coming back when I get a free moment to read. BUt I don't like the overall layout. I think it should look more techy. Also, it looks like you are using some tables. Not a whole lot, but pure CSS is the way of the future, at least that is what the Web Wizard keeps telling me. And I don't like the color scheme or the header. It looks very....romantic. Like wedding site or something. But again the content is very useful, but I think the layout and design aren't geared towards your targeted market.
  • yourfateunknown
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • yourfateunknown

Post 3+ Months Ago

The colour of this site isnt the most attractive and inviting to be honest. But however it does look very useful and if i get a second ill read through
You should rollovers on the nav. Should make it look a bit more professinal.But yes, Good attempt :)
  • jumar112
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jumar112

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am working on the colors and see what works. The site has been up for less than a month and will be changing the header. I want to change the navigational menu but not really sure how to do it since I am still trying to figure out xsitepro. If anyone can point me in the direction, would be most appreciated. Thanks for your input so far. After you look at something for a long time, you lose sight of the small details.
  • tan_go
  • Banned
  • Banned

Post 3+ Months Ago

But thiese little details are very important.
  • calvi36
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • calvi36
  • Loc: Glasgow, Scotland

Post 3+ Months Ago

I COULDN'T AGREE MORE TAN, THE WEE THINGS ARE WHAT MATTER AND FROM WHAT i HAVE READ ON SITES, WE HAVE ABOUT 0.8 OF A SECOND TO GRAB A READER OR THEY BOUNCE. FIRST IMPRESSIONS DEFINITELY MATTER.

Ouch caps, apologies, it was not intentional.
  • alopes
  • alopes

Post 3+ Months Ago

That design is poor for an webmaster giving some ideas about how to create an website.
  • jumar112
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • jumar112

Post 3+ Months Ago

A quote from one of my previous posts:
Quote:
After you look at something for a long time, you lose sight of the small details.

Quote from tan_go:
Quote:
But thiese little details are very important.

Quote from calvi36:
Quote:
I COULDN'T AGREE MORE TAN, THE WEE THINGS ARE WHAT MATTER AND FROM WHAT i HAVE READ ON SITES, WE HAVE ABOUT 0.8 OF A SECOND TO GRAB A READER OR THEY BOUNCE. FIRST IMPRESSIONS DEFINITELY MATTER.

Ouch caps, apologies, it was not intentional.

I believe that some people mistook my post from previous. I do realize that the small details are very important, what I meant was that, for me: After I look at something for a long time, I can miss the small details. That is why it is always good for someone (or people) to look at and see what can be changed or is fine the way it is.

Quote:
That design is poor for an webmaster giving some ideas about how to create an website.

yes the header and colors will be changed, still working on that. If that is what you are referring to.

When you think of creating a website, what colors do you think of? The one post above said "techy"(from zaiah). Blue, Green maybe another color?
picture on header of?
  • Muhammad Asad
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Muhammad Asad
  • Loc: Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

No man...the color scheme is too hell...try something else...the middle portion is ok...looking at the leftside and right side bar you think you are seeing some parked domain page. And the top banner or logo whatever you say is the worst. The site needs a new design from roots level.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 12 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers