SITE REVIEW: www.crownlink.com

• mustardplaster
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mustardplaster
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have been looking at everyones sites and have been interested as there is so many good comments I forgot to put mine up... Any comments welcome?

http://www.crownlink.com

:)
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• webcertain
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webcertain
  • Loc: uk

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice and clean!
Only one page indexed by Google though..
  • UNFLUX
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Loc: twitter.com/unflux

Post 3+ Months Ago

webcertain wrote:
Only one page indexed by Google though..

i'm not sure how this is constructive or tells him how to improve his site :roll:
You might want to put a little more thought into what you want to say
about his site, since it's possible he might review yours. And if that's the
case, you're going to want thoughtful, helpful comments as well.

Give a little...take a little. ;)
  • webcertain
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webcertain

Post 3+ Months Ago

Ok Unflux,
I wasn't sure if mustardplaster was interested in search engine optimization or not.. Some webmasters just want their website to act as a business card, and are not bothered by their rankings or even the number of visits they're getting. If it's not the case then please mustardplaster let me know, and I'll try to get into details.
Anyway, I found http://www.crownlink.com a nice and clean website :icontongue: , and I just wanted to say that to mustardplaster.
  • willstein
  • Loser
  • Loser
  • willstein
  • Loc: Maryland

Post 3+ Months Ago

ooo i like.

i like the banner on top, it's nice and inviting, and very clean and simple. it looks very nice.

now i dont care for the picture on the homepage very much, it doesnt quite do it, and well that goes for the rest of your site as well.
i would suggest more pictures for a more inviting look.

next i might suggest you create individual pop up windows for your features menu. personally, i find it very helpful. if you take a look at my website you might be able to get some tips. go to hosting, or packages page, and click on the info buttons. personally, i think this gives a nice touch.

with enough "small things" on a site, the site really begins to come alive.
remember. its the small stuff that counts.
"small hinges swing big doors"

by the way, how's 2checkout working for you?
honestly, is it alright?
  • northjersey78
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

mustardplaster wrote:
I have been looking at everyones sites and have been interested as there is so many good comments I forgot to put mine up... Any comments welcome?

http://www.crownlink.com

:)

Nicley done. Clean & professional. You may want to shrink the font size/ photo size on the PLANS page. Nice header & top menu.
  • mustardplaster
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • mustardplaster
  • Loc: Sydney

Post 3+ Months Ago

Thanks for the comments. I think that I will fix the Plans page it something I noticed as well, just one of those things that I will get around to eventually.

2checkout is fine have had no problems with them so far. and is easy to use too.
  • The Apostle of God
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: SDSU, SD, USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

When I visited your site, my first impression was "This is nice and clean." It is, and is very professional looking. I know you already got a comment on your main banner, but I like it too. *switches tabs.* In fact, all of the pages are well designed and easy to access.

However, as a consumer I would say there is one area that could use improvement: The features page. While some of the information I expected to be there was on the plans page (storage space, etc), as a consumer looking for this I might be in a frenzy and just say "The info isn't here... next page." So I would have plan relevant information, and also specific pop up windows for specific categories, not just one big pop up with anchors.

I really did like your site, overall very good. Definately better than anything I could do right now :)
  • shaunamc
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • shaunamc
  • Loc: New Jersey

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very nice and c lean. I'm not sure if I agree with the guy that suggested pop ups. THey can get annoying.
  • webcertain
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • webcertain

Post 3+ Months Ago

Popups can get annoying? :shock:
Shaunamc, I like your sense of euphemism!
I consider it as a pest, and tend to ban all the sites using it.. :twisted:
  • Mercury175
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: UK

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice look to the site generally. The design definitly conveys a sence of professionalism and is also clear and simple whilst appearing technical. I think its a good example of how you can impress with out having to add 'squeaky' animations. I like it.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 11 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers