SITE REVIEW: www.customicondesign.com

• shiela72

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can say the whole web design is good but the background color made the site suffer. Try replacing white with other cool colors like sky blue or something like that.

By the way, I really like your icon designs.
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• flishyflashy
  • flishyflashy

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks like you did a lot of work on this? how long did it take you? maybe flash it up a bit, but it looks good.
  • namecritic
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • Loc: Miami Beach

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPS guy said "Forget the colored bg...it's crisp, it's bright, it incorporates glass effects & neons well...it's up to trend IMHO. I like. The main logo is a bit overdone with the shine effect, but the colors are right on. Lighten that effect (which will in turn darken the logo a bit), and you will have a great site which matches your icon work in style & feel very well."

I agree with him 100%. Stay bright. However, it does need some SEO work. "Latest News" could be "New Icon Designs". "Recent Icons" could be "Recent Icon Designs". Alternatively, one of them could say, "Download New Icons". Depends on the key phrases you are targeting, but those 2 spots come closer to the top of the page in your code and will help make you more relevant for the phrases you put there.

You could also look at the header tags in the center of the page to optimize them a bit more.

You should sign up at http://www.crazyegg.com . For about $1 per page you can use their analysis tool. It has a heat map and it has "confetti" which shows you exactly where people click or use their mouse on your page.

I'd like to see 3 months worth of stats to see how that large flash banner in the middle is performing for you. If it is not the primary place getting the most click thrus, I would reduce it to something smaller and add other calls to action instead.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 93 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers