SITE REVIEW: www.customicondesign.com

  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I lunched the website http://www.customicondesign.com mainly about icon design, I want to know what you think. Any feedback is appreciated!

thanks,

Bill
  • brd1984
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • brd1984
  • Posts: 19
  • Loc: Chester, England

Post 3+ Months Ago

Really like the overall layout

i would consider changing the background from white to a more contrasting colour to bring out the main content.

Also the W3C XHTML validation logo in the footer is a bit old hat, either create your own more 'up to date' looking logo or get rid


Ben
  • thebeatsuite
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 9

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the layout and the icons along the top of the page and the use of colour throughout. However, i agree with the point made above that the background colour should be changed.
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

brd1984 wrote:
Really like the overall layout

i would consider changing the background from white to a more contrasting colour to bring out the main content.

Also the W3C XHTML validation logo in the footer is a bit old hat, either create your own more 'up to date' looking logo or get rid


Ben


thank you for your review, we will consider your feedback,

Thanks again,

Bill
  • workingwebmaster
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • workingwebmaster
  • Posts: 26

Post 3+ Months Ago

It's very nice. If I was you I would try and make the logo stand out a bit more.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 685
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Kinda feeding off what everyone else is saying. I think a colored background would make the content pop out even more. It doesn't have to be black or anything just something that will make the center stand out.

Also the logo banner and navigation, I think would be nicer If they were more contrasting to the page. Perhaps button color changes on rollover. The color of the logo banner just something that makes the logo stand out more. Right now it seems a little washed out.
  • UPSGuy
  • Lurker ಠ_ಠ
  • Web Master
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2733
  • Loc: Nashville, TN

Post 3+ Months Ago

Forget the colored bg...it's crisp, it's bright, it incorporates glass effects & neons well...it's up to trend IMHO. I like. The main logo is a bit overdone with the shine effect, but the colors are right on. Lighten that effect (which will in turn darken the logo a bit), and you will have a great site which matches your icon work in style & feel very well.
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

CXLink wrote:
Kinda feeding off what everyone else is saying. I think a colored background would make the content pop out even more. It doesn't have to be black or anything just something that will make the center stand out.

Also the logo banner and navigation, I think would be nicer If they were more contrasting to the page. Perhaps button color changes on rollover. The color of the logo banner just something that makes the logo stand out more. Right now it seems a little washed out.


good review, we will consider your feedback, very valuable,

many thanks,

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPSGuy wrote:
Forget the colored bg...it's crisp, it's bright, it incorporates glass effects & neons well...it's up to trend IMHO. I like. The main logo is a bit overdone with the shine effect, but the colors are right on. Lighten that effect (which will in turn darken the logo a bit), and you will have a great site which matches your icon work in style & feel very well.


Thanks for your review, I will consider your valuable idea,

thanks again,

Bill
  • Andromedan
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • Andromedan
  • Posts: 8

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like how it looks, I have no problem whatsoever with the white background. Personally I always try to go for white backgrounds because it looks professional.

The only thing that remotely bothers are the yellow blue and red sphere icons in the left bar, maybe they should be aligned a little to the right.
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

Andromedan wrote:
I really like how it looks, I have no problem whatsoever with the white background. Personally I always try to go for white backgrounds because it looks professional.

The only thing that remotely bothers are the yellow blue and red sphere icons in the left bar, maybe they should be aligned a little to the right.


thanks for your review, your valuable feedback will be considered.

Thanks again,

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

workingwebmaster wrote:
It's very nice. If I was you I would try and make the logo stand out a bit more.


thanks for your feedback,

Bill
  • nuttaphong191
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • nuttaphong191
  • Posts: 28
  • Loc: Thailand

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like frame of your design. You site is good position for put the content but i have comment about you background is make problem for my eye can't see your web site so long time maybe you can put mini bar to the right site
of you website for make the small white background
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

nuttaphong191 wrote:
I like frame of your design. You site is good position for put the content but i have comment about you background is make problem for my eye can't see your web site so long time maybe you can put mini bar to the right site
of you website for make the small white background


Thanks for your good review. I will consider your valuable feedback,

Thanks again,

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

thebeatsuite wrote:
I really like the layout and the icons along the top of the page and the use of colour throughout. However, i agree with the point made above that the background colour should be changed.


thanks for your review, we will consider your valuable feedback!

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I am very pleasure to get so many feedback, thanks all.

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for all review,

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have changed my profile, this site is great, I think
  • reviewsandsuch
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • reviewsandsuch
  • Posts: 5

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like the layout, maybe add a bit of color.
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for your review,

Bill
  • abhaykochar
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • abhaykochar
  • Posts: 8

Post 3+ Months Ago

bill_1983 wrote:
I lunched the website http://www.customicondesign.com mainly about icon design, I want to know what you think. Any feedback is appreciated!

thanks,

Bill



I reviewed ur site.
use lil dark color in website
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

reviewsandsuch wrote:
I really like the layout, maybe add a bit of color.

Thanks for the review, BTW BBcode is very useful,
:lol:
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

abhaykochar wrote:
bill_1983 wrote:
I lunched the website http://www.customicondesign.com mainly about icon design, I want to know what you think. Any feedback is appreciated!

thanks,

Bill



I reviewed ur site.
use lil dark color in website


Right, I will consider your useful feedback,

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

reviewsandsuch wrote:
I really like the layout, maybe add a bit of color.


thanks for ur feedback,

Bill
  • toothbabie
  • Born
  • Born
  • toothbabie
  • Posts: 4
  • Loc: Los Angeles, CA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout is good. You may want to consider a larger sized text?
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

toothbabie wrote:
The layout is good. You may want to consider a larger sized text?


Thanks for your review,

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have add the msn and yahoo in my site, I think it's better.

Bill
  • DaveRH
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • DaveRH
  • Posts: 5

Post 3+ Months Ago

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else in terms of the color'd background :)

Also, the webdesigns posted in your preview are way too small, you should be able to click on them and make them get bigger at least :)
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

DaveRH wrote:
I'm going to have to agree with everyone else in terms of the color'd background :)

Also, the webdesigns posted in your preview are way too small, you should be able to click on them and make them get bigger at least :)


thanks for your good review, we will consider your valuable suggestion.

Bill
  • phatdesi
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • phatdesi
  • Posts: 5

Post 3+ Months Ago

its nice but probably just a little to 'white' for my liking

I find some of your graphics very slick though :)
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

phatdesi wrote:
its nice but probably just a little to 'white' for my liking

I find some of your graphics very slick though :)


thanks for your review,

Bill
  • priveshow
  • Born
  • Born
  • priveshow
  • Posts: 4

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes is too much white in your site. But i like very much the icons.
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

priveshow wrote:
Yes is too much white in your site. But i like very much the icons.

thanks for your review.

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I changed the title of my website, please have a look,

Thanks,

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I changed some function every day, please have a look,

Thanks,

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

phatdesi wrote:
its nice but probably just a little to 'white' for my liking

I find some of your graphics very slick though :)


thanks for your review, I will consider your feedback/

Bill
  • bewise
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 19
  • Loc: Mexico

Post 3+ Months Ago

bill_1983 wrote:
I lunched the website http://www.customicondesign.com mainly about icon design, I want to know what you think. Any feedback is appreciated!

thanks,

Bill


Hi Bill
Design is nice. As stated a bit of colour would be nice, too. But what is really confusing for a visitor is not to be stated clearly the services that you offer. Letter is very small. I would like to see it really bigger as "icon design..."etc with a power size.
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

bewise wrote:
bill_1983 wrote:
I lunched the website http://www.customicondesign.com mainly about icon design, I want to know what you think. Any feedback is appreciated!

thanks,

Bill


Hi Bill
Design is nice. As stated a bit of colour would be nice, too. But what is really confusing for a visitor is not to be stated clearly the services that you offer. Letter is very small. I would like to see it really bigger as "icon design..."etc with a power size.


thanks for your review. I will change my website a few days later.

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will change the theme of the website, can you give me some suggestion?

Thanks all guys,

Bill
  • harlemangel
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • harlemangel
  • Posts: 8

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi Bill

As a fan of white space, I quite like the layout. Its easy on the eye, and the nav is very clear also.

One suggestion however, to tackle the critiques of some of the other posters in relation to the white space issue, would be to maybe incorporate the orange tile that is prominent on the home page, into the header, and remove it from the main body of the home page.

The reason I suggest this, is that the user is drawn immediately to this tile upon visting the page. The ideal flow of the users eye, in my opinion, should be from left to right, or top left to bottom right.

The current layout means that the user is first drawn to the tile, and then must 'jump back' to view the nav or the panel on the left hand side.

Might I suggest as i said, putting the tile, or some variation of it, into the header. This would move the content of the page upwards, thus utilising space a bit better. You could possibly have the 'Custom Icon Design - custom icons | icon design team' as the page title using the background color youve used for 'Latest News', 'Services' etc. (You could also do this on the other pages also.)

Another reason for the above suggestion, is that there is no real need to repeat the 'CustomIconDesign' piece of text (you have it in the header as well as in the orange tile).

Regarding the other pages, as I said, the grey background on the page header may help with the white space issue.

I hope this helps you a little!
:-)

Regards
H
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for your good feedback.

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

harlemangel wrote:
Hi Bill

As a fan of white space, I quite like the layout. Its easy on the eye, and the nav is very clear also.

One suggestion however, to tackle the critiques of some of the other posters in relation to the white space issue, would be to maybe incorporate the orange tile that is prominent on the home page, into the header, and remove it from the main body of the home page.

The reason I suggest this, is that the user is drawn immediately to this tile upon visting the page. The ideal flow of the users eye, in my opinion, should be from left to right, or top left to bottom right.

The current layout means that the user is first drawn to the tile, and then must 'jump back' to view the nav or the panel on the left hand side.

Might I suggest as i said, putting the tile, or some variation of it, into the header. This would move the content of the page upwards, thus utilising space a bit better. You could possibly have the 'Custom Icon Design - custom icons | icon design team' as the page title using the background color youve used for 'Latest News', 'Services' etc. (You could also do this on the other pages also.)

Another reason for the above suggestion, is that there is no real need to repeat the 'CustomIconDesign' piece of text (you have it in the header as well as in the orange tile).

Regarding the other pages, as I said, the grey background on the page header may help with the white space issue.

I hope this helps you a little!
:-)

Regards
H


Thanks for your review, we will change the website soon.

Bill
  • pearl5
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • pearl5
  • Posts: 28

Post 3+ Months Ago

like frame of your design. You site is good position for put the content
  • missy
  • Student
  • Student
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 92
  • Loc: london

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi,
On the Services page, the section 'About price prices vary...' is out of line.
Also, I strongly feel that you ought to have at least a ballpark figure for your services. I find it incredibly irritating when searching the web for a service, to never find prices. I don't want to email you then wait for a response, I want it now! And I'd leave your site and find a better site with prices on.

The viewer you have for logo design and website design is irritating as it doesn't show how many pages are available. You can only see three numbers, regardless of the amount of pages. I would replace this system with a gallery showing all the thumbnails, or at least all the pages - so I can see when the end's in sight.
Also, I can't test the websites, I can only see a little screenshot. How do I know you can design good websites? Give links to the websites you have designed.

Most of the links in your resources section open in the same window, taking your customers away from your site. Set the target to _blank for these.


I do like the layout and colour scheme, and your graphics are fantastic!

Missy x
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

pearl5 wrote:
like frame of your design. You site is good position for put the content


Thanks for your review,

Bill
  • itsmani1
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 19
  • Loc: Islamabad, Pakistan

Post 3+ Months Ago

layout is good.
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

itsmani1 wrote:
layout is good.


Thanks for your review,

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will change the layout and the text soon, can everyone give me some suggestion?

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi, everyone, I have changed some feature in our website,

Please have a look.

Bill
  • mets
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mets
  • Posts: 16

Post 3+ Months Ago

The layout is good. Its very neat. I suggest to lessen the the use of italics. Maybe you can just use font colors to emphasize those words.
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 685
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site overall is clean and well arranged. A suggestion though since everything is light except the large image under the nav bar you might want to look into making the logo and the nav bar a little more robust and make them stand out more. Also I didnt really understand the yellow text on rollover on the nav bar.
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

mets wrote:
The layout is good. Its very neat. I suggest to lessen the the use of italics. Maybe you can just use font colors to emphasize those words.

Thanks for your review,

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

CXLink wrote:
The site overall is clean and well arranged. A suggestion though since everything is light except the large image under the nav bar you might want to look into making the logo and the nav bar a little more robust and make them stand out more. Also I didnt really understand the yellow text on rollover on the nav bar.


thanks for your review,

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will redesign the website recently, anyone can give me some suggestion?

Thanks,

Bill
  • riya_senk
  • Born
  • Born
  • riya_senk
  • Posts: 3

Post 3+ Months Ago

layouts cools looks nice to me
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

riya_senk wrote:
layouts cools looks nice to me


Thanks for your review,

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

Still havent changed the website, cause those days are very busy.

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I will redesign the website , anyone can give me some suggestion?

Thanks for all your help,


Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

still havent decide use which template, I want the website looks better and better.
  • daveyrebel
  • Born
  • Born
  • daveyrebel
  • Posts: 4

Post 3+ Months Ago

Pretty nice site, I would re-word your opening paragraph to persuade the user a little more into using your service. The design is pretty clean and it flows with what your trying to provide for the customer. I think it is a good site overall for what your doing with it.
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

daveyrebel wrote:
Pretty nice site, I would re-word your opening paragraph to persuade the user a little more into using your service. The design is pretty clean and it flows with what your trying to provide for the customer. I think it is a good site overall for what your doing with it.


thanks for your review, but I think the website is not enough. we just try to modify it.
Bill
  • zhaira
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • zhaira
  • Posts: 223

Post 3+ Months Ago

the website is great but I think I reviewed it already.
  • mcleve
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • mcleve
  • Posts: 15

Post 3+ Months Ago

Personally, I would work on some of the broken english. i.e.
Quote:
Our service mainly include:

Our services mainly include:
or
Our services include:

Quote:
Please feel free to browse our portfolio, and if you have any question, just contact us via the methods we've provided below, we'll get back with you promptly!


Please feel free to browse our portfolio. If you have any questions, just contact us via the methods provided below. We will get back with you promptly!

Quote:
No one else could do the job like what we do.

No one else can do the job like us.

Quote:
If custom professional icon is what you are looking for, now you are in the right place!

If custom professional icons are what you are looking for, you are in the right place!


Check your css. The Resources link has a different text color and hover color than the rest of the links.


Overall I think you have a very clean trendy website and the english isn't all that bad. Most asian translations are nearly illegible. Good work.
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

zhaira wrote:
the website is great but I think I reviewed it already.


thanks again for your review,

Bill
  • colorifer
  • Born
  • Born
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 2

Post 3+ Months Ago

You create cool icons!
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

mcleve wrote:
Personally, I would work on some of the broken english. i.e.
Quote:
Our service mainly include:

Our services mainly include:
or
Our services include:

Quote:
Please feel free to browse our portfolio, and if you have any question, just contact us via the methods we've provided below, we'll get back with you promptly!


Please feel free to browse our portfolio. If you have any questions, just contact us via the methods provided below. We will get back with you promptly!

Quote:
No one else could do the job like what we do.

No one else can do the job like us.

Quote:
If custom professional icon is what you are looking for, now you are in the right place!

If custom professional icons are what you are looking for, you are in the right place!


Check your css. The Resources link has a different text color and hover color than the rest of the links.


Overall I think you have a very clean trendy website and the english isn't all that bad. Most asian translations are nearly illegible. Good work.

very very goood nice guy, your suggestion is my need.

thanks very much.
  • DigitalInsanity
  • Born
  • Born
  • DigitalInsanity
  • Posts: 4

Post 3+ Months Ago

I really like it, not alot I would change I guess, just my opinion!
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

thanks for evevyone,

Really.
Bill
  • Evenhost-PR
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 47

Post 3+ Months Ago

i like your contact us section
your main banner needs rewording, it's a bit awkward almost sounds as if English isn't your first language

nice layout
  • Dsgnr
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 37

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice Layout and Nice icons :)
  • Arleigh
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Arleigh
  • Posts: 51

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like your design and layout. It is really eye-refreshing, clean and neat.
  • Ripiajo
  • Born
  • Born
  • Ripiajo
  • Posts: 3

Post 3+ Months Ago

The web site design looks proffesional and finished.

It seems to be that the text in the website was not written by a native english speaker as some of the constructions were a bit odd.

I think the price of your services should be prominently displayed, but that is more a question of commercial strategy than web design.

Good luck
  • bveditz
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • bveditz
  • Posts: 15

Post 3+ Months Ago

The site looks nice, my only suggestions would be to add more items to your portfolio and also list a pricing range or pricing structure. Going to the site I wondered myself, "hmm, icon looks nice, but I wonder how much they charge". While you might have great prices, I didn't see them listed (if they even are) and would usually just move on to another place. I do believe in the adage 'if you have to ask, you probably can't afford it'. The sad part is, we probably could, but with limited time everyone has we don't like to spend the time sending off requests to everyone for price quotes.

Even a few samples with apx costs for those samples and noting that pricing varies would work.
  • zaiah
  • Proficient
  • Proficient
  • zaiah
  • Posts: 374

Post 3+ Months Ago

I don't really care for the rollover on the navigation and I think the overall site dimensions are too small. You can make it wider and increase and vary the sizes of the fonts to improve the overall typography.
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

Evenhost-PR wrote:
i like your contact us section
your main banner needs rewording, it's a bit awkward almost sounds as if English isn't your first language

nice layout


thanks for your nice suggestion, you are right, I am poor in english, I will reword the banner.

Bill
  • eautocad
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 195
  • Loc: Spring Hill, Florida

Post 3+ Months Ago

Excellent site!
  • fashionmoksh
  • Born
  • Born
  • fashionmoksh
  • Posts: 3

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks like a very simple site...
try adding some fresh colors to get it more live.....
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

the pr of this site is down from 3 to 0, can you give me some suggestion? how can I improve my pr?

Bill
  • spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • spork
  • Posts: 6299
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Is your traffic suffering?
  • jerusalemstyle
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • jerusalemstyle
  • Posts: 14

Post 3+ Months Ago

Or you made something wrong for Google.(bad links, Black hat, etc..)
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I dont know what happened in google these days, but I lost my PR. and the traffic is not good too.
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I know there are many SEO experts here, can help me?
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

problogr wrote:
The icons are good but give some graphical background for that results more attractive.


Eacctly right, I will change the design to look web 2.0 style. but I just want more traffic to my website, but my SERPs in google is down to 50 from 1 in searching "custom icon design". you know it's my domain name.

Bill
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

I have updated my website, please review again.

many thanks for your help.

Bill
  • Prowlernet
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • Prowlernet
  • Posts: 6

Post 3+ Months Ago

Very neat, and to the point. But the background is to white.
  • magstudios
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • magstudios
  • Posts: 31

Post 3+ Months Ago

Nice site but only Color Combination problem is here .
  • STock Theater
  • Born
  • Born
  • STock Theater
  • Posts: 4

Post 3+ Months Ago

I like the site, but would slow down the banner ad.
  • bill_1983
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • bill_1983
  • Posts: 61
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

magstudios wrote:
Nice site but only Color Combination problem is here .


whatt's color problem?

it seems ok here.


Bill
  • Prestige
  • Born
  • Born
  • Prestige
  • Posts: 4

Post 3+ Months Ago

I also like the site - I think you almost need to keep the white background too, because it really makes your icons stand out. I think that giving away the free country (and weather, etc) icons is a great idea too - it gives people a chance to try what you offer without necessarily having to commit to a purchase. Thus, they are more inclined to use you than others. One comment I would offer is to consider having all three "call to action buttons" (download now, review more and request a quote) constantly available at the right of the scrolling graphic (the one that scrolls through "World Flag", "Custom Icons", "Portfolio", so that the user can easily proceed whenever they want to without feeling as though they need to wait for a specific screen to appear.
Just a thought - otherwise, great site and very nicely designed icons!
Don
  • krates
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • krates
  • Posts: 30

Post 3+ Months Ago

I loved your site design.. very good work done on it..
  • shiela72
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 10

Post 3+ Months Ago

I can say the whole web design is good but the background color made the site suffer. Try replacing white with other cool colors like sky blue or something like that.

By the way, I really like your icon designs.
  • flishyflashy
  • Newbie
  • Newbie
  • flishyflashy
  • Posts: 8

Post 3+ Months Ago

looks like you did a lot of work on this? how long did it take you? maybe flash it up a bit, but it looks good.
  • namecritic
  • Novice
  • Novice
  • User avatar
  • Posts: 31
  • Loc: Miami Beach

Post 3+ Months Ago

UPS guy said "Forget the colored bg...it's crisp, it's bright, it incorporates glass effects & neons well...it's up to trend IMHO. I like. The main logo is a bit overdone with the shine effect, but the colors are right on. Lighten that effect (which will in turn darken the logo a bit), and you will have a great site which matches your icon work in style & feel very well."

I agree with him 100%. Stay bright. However, it does need some SEO work. "Latest News" could be "New Icon Designs". "Recent Icons" could be "Recent Icon Designs". Alternatively, one of them could say, "Download New Icons". Depends on the key phrases you are targeting, but those 2 spots come closer to the top of the page in your code and will help make you more relevant for the phrases you put there.

You could also look at the header tags in the center of the page to optimize them a bit more.

You should sign up at http://www.crazyegg.com . For about $1 per page you can use their analysis tool. It has a heat map and it has "confetti" which shows you exactly where people click or use their mouse on your page.

I'd like to see 3 months worth of stats to see how that large flash banner in the middle is performing for you. If it is not the primary place getting the most click thrus, I would reduce it to something smaller and add other calls to action instead.

Post Information

  • Total Posts in this topic: 93 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers
  • Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests
  • You cannot post new topics in this forum
  • You cannot reply to topics in this forum
  • You cannot edit your posts in this forum
  • You cannot delete your posts in this forum
  • You cannot post attachments in this forum
 
 

© 1998-2016. Ozzu® is a registered trademark of Unmelted, LLC.