SITE REVIEW: www.custommasterpieces.com

• custommaster
  • Born
  • Born
  • custommaster
  • Loc: St Louis

Post 3+ Months Ago

Looking for general layout info:

1. Do you unterstand what we do within the first moments of viewing the hompage?

2. Can you find all requested info from the homepage?

3. Is it pleasing to the eye?

4. Does it apper professional and trustworthy?

Regards,
  • Anonymous
  • Bot
  • No Avatar
  • Loc: Ozzuland

Post 3+ Months Ago

• spork
  • Brewmaster
  • Silver Member
  • Loc: Seattle, WA

Post 3+ Months Ago

First and foremost, you have 45 page validation errors. You can see them here.

Regarding your questions:

1. Yes, the purpose of the site/business is most definitely clear from viewing just the homepage.

2. Yes. Your navigation is set up well and it is easy to access the different parts of your site without getting lost.

3. Yes. The design you've chosen works well for your site, and the layout/design does not get in the way of the site's purpose; the design does not distract me from the content.

4. Yes. If I were looking for such a service and came across your site, professionalism and trustworthiness would not be an issue. My first two instincts would be to check a) examples of your work, and b) a comparison of your prices.

Now a few things you may improve upon:

Your "Gift Certificates Now Available" button does not fit in with the rest of your site. I understand that you want it to stand out, but I think the boxy design doesn't fit in. Either that, or the color. I can't quite put my finger on it.

I'm not sure if this was intentional or not, but your background image repeats unexpectedly about halfway down the page. It doesn't seem to happen on your home page but does so on other pages. This looks disorganized and unnatural. An easy fix in CSS would by to specify the background image to not repeat:
Code: [ Select ]
background-repeat: no-repeat;

The links you have at the bottom of each page would look better centered, in my opinion.

When I click on "site map" in the upper right, it takes me to a page that looks almost identical to your home page.

Overall, I think the site is very well done and does a great job of presenting your content in a very elegant and consistent manner. Nicely done.
  • murcielagossi
  • Proficient
  • Proficient

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes to all 4 questions, you did a very nice job. :D The site looks great. But you do need to fix those errors.

The only thing I could think of is the "Gallery" link, I think you should move it up in the list. I think it is more important than "Contact Us" and others.

Good job :D
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Yes to all questions, and about the background, how about making it stretch or something?Or you could make three divs for the images to distribute the picture correctly or something, it is messed up on the customization web page.

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 4 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers