SITE REVIEW: www.Dev-The-Web.com

• tihomir_wwf
  • tihomir_wwf

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hi friends,

I've just launch my site: http://www.dev-the-web.com

It just tries to understand what are you coding right now? :D

I'll be very thankful to hear your opinions about it, ex.

- Do you like the site' idea?
- What could be improved?
- Will you visit it again?

Best Regards,

Tihomir Ivanov
  • zhouyi
  • Graduate
  • Graduate
  • Loc: China

Post 3+ Months Ago

Simple,cute and attractive site.And, amiable introduction.:)

- Do you like the site' idea? --Obsolutely:Yes.
- What could be improved? --I'd like to say something,but no idea,really satisfy with the design.

-- This is the point.
May will,because the site is so nice,would like to see how is it going on.
Or may not.Sorry,right or wrong,but personally I have some suspects about it,hope you don't mind my saying.At the standpoint of a visitor,I suspect:
1.Really nice and helpful site,but no Ads./no selling/no other profit programme I can see from the site,only you can benefit from the traffic? Then how long will it last?
2.Is the topic too limit? All about coding. Maybe we don't have so many topics about coding.

Really good idea and nice design.Wish Success.Thanks.:)
  • Bogey
  • Genius
  • Genius
  • Bogey
  • Loc: USA

Post 3+ Months Ago

From the design standpoint, I think you got the idea :) The design is simple, and the contrast between the content and the design is nice.

I think you got a misnomer there... I don't think those are 'issues'... 'events' seem more appropriate there... I don't think I will post a question as to how to solve a PHP problem I got there... I think what that is supposed to be is a sort of a twitter type thing... except directed at programmers/designers.

To answer your questions:

- Do you like the site' idea?

I've actually spent some time on that site and read some comments... I guess you didn't always had a CAPTCHA there :P

- What could be improved?

The links... they seem too generic (I was accused of doing that on my site :lol: )

The footer... maybe put that centered and outside the white content area?

Maybe not... I just don't have the time :lol:
  • CXLink
  • Expert
  • Expert
  • Loc: ATL-GA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Hey tihomir,
The site is a very interesting concept. I do wonder like zyhouyi & Bogey, if the site is too directed at a small group and too much like twitter (although it does differ from twitter). The design seems a little plain. I am not saying that it needs a lot, just a little something extra (whether it be in the header or in the post headings or both. I agree with bogey about the footer, it seems a little big to me. What if you have a smaller footer and have that secondary nav as tabs on top of it. Just an idea though. The icons on the site are a lot of fun hope it goes well for you.

As far as returning, I probably wont just because I am more of a designer then a coder.
  • ATNO/TW
  • Super Moderator
  • Super Moderator
  • Loc: Woodbridge VA

Post 3+ Months Ago

Honestly, I don't get the entire purpose of the site? I mean honestly, I can't figure out what you put it up for.
  • Breeze
  • Photographer
  • Guru
  • Loc: Australia

Post 3+ Months Ago

ATNO/TW wrote:
Honestly, I don't get the entire purpose of the site? I mean honestly, I can't figure out what you put it up for.

I think it's some kind of twitter for web developers. :shrug:

I can't see any real purpose ... unless you can network and help each other out and stuff.
  • Snerdey
  • Beginner
  • Beginner
  • Loc: Brooklyn, NY

Post 3+ Months Ago

Never give up, but take the advice and adjust the direction, layout and update it here with us when you do.

I'm sure inside your head the idea is "wow, everyone will use this" most can't tell just by looking at what's the purpose of the site.

Ok to be simple, but sometimes there's just too much distraction going on. Heck when I'm coding I can't even chat much less tweet something. Kinda looks like a way to share a code and see if someone has a better way or something?

My guess is I'm way off .. hehe
  • tihomir_wwf
  • tihomir_wwf

Post 3+ Months Ago

wow, it seems that my site will be totally waste of time :(

Anyway, thanks for all replies, I've made some little changes to it

Quote:
but no Ads./no selling/no other profit programme I can see from the site,only you can benefit from the traffic? Then how long will it last?

well, it may sound crazy, but I still don't want to benefit from it, site look better without any ads on it :D

Quote:
Is the topic too limit? All about coding. Maybe we don't have so many topics about coding.

That was good point, I've change it :)

Quote:
The footer... maybe put that centered and outside the white content area?

Thanks, good suggestion, footer now looks better :)

Quote:
I don't get the entire purpose of the site? I mean honestly, I can't figure out what you put it up for

don't worry, after deep thinking about site's purpose I also cannot get it :D

Post Information

• Total Posts in this topic: 8 posts
  • Moderator: Website Reviewers